more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey on ESPN E:60

Started by StanLeeKubrick, April 27, 2010, 06:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StanLeeKubrick

Tom

Thanks Stan! I looked on ESPN for this and couldn't find it. What a great video and family! I did not know about his sister. Dempsey was my favorite player before, now even more so! Makes the shirt he gave me after the Newcastle game at the cottage in 2008 even more special. Loved the Fulham footage at the end. Wish there would have been a little more Fulham and England footage. Clint is a great guy!!!   :54:
Fulham for life!

ImperialWhite

Murphy: "and he's one of the first to establish himself as one of the best better players in the Premier League"!

Nice.

FulhamGK

Much respect for the man.  I have a feeling he would be one of those guys that would be nice to sit down, have a beer with and just hang out.
Don't mess with Texas!

Steve_orino

Quote from: FulhamGK on April 27, 2010, 10:14:59 PM
Much respect for the man.  I have a feeling he would be one of those guys that would be nice to sit down, have a beer with and just hang out.

He is a Texan, ya know...that's what we're good at!   :54:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Whiteroom

What a great guy! I have always been a big fan.

RidgeRider

Nice piece. Very inspiring.

Tom

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 28, 2010, 02:21:30 AM
I agree RR, it is very inspiring. Got my emotions going. I know how Clint feels losing his sister. I lost my dad to cancer 12 years ago. No good to lose a loved one. All I have to say is Clint is the fricking man! He makes me proud to be an American and a Fulham supporter! And just so everyone knows I have English blood in me as well.
Fulham for life!

McBridefan1

Quote from: Tom on April 28, 2010, 03:53:00 AM
I agree RR, it is very inspiring. Got my emotions going. I know how Clint feels losing his sister. I lost my dad to cancer 12 years ago. No good to lose a loved one. All I have to say is Clint is the fricking man! He makes me proud to be an American and a Fulham supporter! And just so everyone knows I have English blood in me as well.

I'm guessing you were given a transfusion while on holiday in England???

Tom

Quote from: McBridefan1 on April 28, 2010, 05:23:03 AM

No, just some English blood in my family.
Fulham for life!

The Equalizer

Amazing video. What a great bloke coming back after such a tragic loss and giving something back for his family.

Legend.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

McBridefan1

Quote from: Tom on April 28, 2010, 05:27:17 AM

Uuuuhhhh ya, I figured... was just kidding.

Tom

Quote from: McBridefan1 on April 28, 2010, 11:18:00 PM
Quote from: Tom on April 28, 2010, 05:27:17 AM

Uuuuhhhh ya, I figured... was just kidding.
I know.
Fulham for life!

Tktd

What would people think about the idea of making a sign saying - Jennifer would be extremely proud of you Clint! You've done good. Thank you for everything!

Do you think that would be deemed insensitive? Or do you think it's a good idea?

MrCheviot

Quote from: Tktd on April 29, 2010, 01:14:17 AM

What would people think about the idea of making a sign saying - Jennifer would be extremely proud of you Clint! You've done good. Thank you for everything!

Do you think that would be deemed insensitive? Or do you think it's a good idea?

Everyone deals w/ the pain of losing someone on a very individual, personal level. Really hard to say how one might react, let along a professional athlete who's not expecting to see such a thing. If it had been a recent event, i.e. immediately following (my mind is flashing to an amazing game Brett Favre played in the NFL the day after his father died) I think a sign would be appropriate. But, IMO w/ Clint and his sister, it's spiritual. He's admitted as much. I suggest you give him an ovation, think to yourself how proud you are of him and think about how proud his sister must be of him, and I'm sure she'll do her part to make sure he feels it.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

Tom

Quote from: Tktd on April 29, 2010, 01:14:17 AM

It's not insensitive but I would say no sign.
Fulham for life!