White Noise

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/27/scott-parker-west-ham-sullivan

West Ham make every player available for sale ... except Scott Parker

• David Sullivan plans summer shake-up at Upton Park

• West Ham's £4m bid for Dorrans rejected by West Brom

* Share on facebook (24)
    * Tweet this (37)

* guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 27 April 2010 09.02 BST

West Ham United's co-owner, David Sullivan, has warned that Scott Parker is the only player the club would not consider selling during a summer shake-up at Upton Park.

Sullivan, along with his boardroom colleague David Gold, is beginning preparations for a busy off-season in the transfer market after the club effectively ensured their Premier League survival with Saturday's 3-2 win over Wigan Athletic. They have already made a written bid in the region of £4m for midfielder Graham Dorrans, which was turned down by West Brom today.

"Other than Scott Parker, there is not a player we wouldn't sell if it was the right bid," said Sullivan. "Scott will not be sold and we will be buying more than we are selling. There will be no fire-selling and we will enhance the squad, not diminish it.

"We will have to shake up the pack because there is no point kidding ourselves otherwise we will be in the same position next year – the table doesn't lie."

But, while he expressed a wish to keep the captain, Matthew Upson, Sullivan made no such guarantees over the former Birmingham City defender – or, for that matter, his international colleagues Robert Green and Carlton Cole.

"We will make [Upson] a proposal for a new three-year contract," he said. "We would give him an offer of a comparable level to what he is on now, which he may or may not want to take.

"But Upson has a year to go so if we get a good offer we will take it."

White Noise

Any of their squad worthy of Roy's attention? -

1       Robert Green
4      Daniel Gabbidon
7      Kieron Dyer
8      Scott Parker
9      Dean Ashton
9      Araujo Ilan
10      Guillermo Franco
11      Mido
12      Carlton Cole
13      Luis Boa Morte
14      Radoslav Kovac
15      Matthew Upson
16      Mark Noble
17      Benedict McCarthy
18      Jonathan Spector
20      Julien Faubert
21      Valon Behrami
22      Manuel da Costa
23      Herita Ilunga
28      Peter Kurucz
29      Marek Stech
30      James Tomkins
31      Jack Collison
32      Alessandro Diamanti
33      Fabio Daprela
34      Oliver Lee
35      Josh Payne
36      Anthony Edgar
41      Zavon Hines
42      Jordan Spence
46      Junior Stanislas
      Matt Fry

Chopper

Do Sullivan and Gold actually talk to each other?

Gold was talking the other day about needing to keep their best players (plural) and backing Zola for the manager's job. Sullivan then steams in and effectively say's they're all crap and we'd sell the lot of them.

That said I am a bit surprised at the lack of players I'd be interested in seeing at Fulham.

Probably just Cole, Upson and Noble.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Tktd

Upson
Noble
Cole and I'd add Diamanti to that group!

Oh and maybe Jonathan Spector? :S

Lighthouse

Never liked Upson and thought him over rated. Cole and  Diamanti though would be good.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

timmyg

Excluding Man City, is there a team with more dead wood than West Ham?? I mean Da Costa, Mido, Gabbidon, DYER...
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

beijing ben

Collison is more than decent but may be too expensive for us...

The Equalizer

Cole and Diamanti definitely. Upson would be a bonus. I reckon with Mo's persuasion we could get Parker too.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

WHITEwitch

Only a rumour from several different sources but I heard Roy likes Scott Parker. 

Could test their resolve maybe?

Although I loathe and detest the lying cheating bar stewards I'm sorry to see yet another Premiership club in turmoil because of the owners.

Makes me even more appreciative of Mo.

Burt

AlFayedsChequebook

Diamanti, Collison and Berhami (Swiss Alert) would do nicely.

White Noise

The great West Ham clear-out: Who's up for grabs and how much will they cost in the big summer sale

By Tom Bellwood

Last updated at 1:08 AM on 28th April 2010

Comments (9)

West Ham are safe for another season - but the players are not. Co-owner David Sullivan has revealed that the club will accept offers on every player this summer, except Scott Parker.

The Hammers have struggled all season under manager Gianfranco Zola and have only just staved off the threat of relegation with two games to spare.

So Sullivan has promised a reshuffle in the summer – the dead wood will be cleared away and a raft of new playing bought in its place.

So with anywhere up to 25 players set to head for the exit, Sportsmail analyses the Hammers under threat and how much the club could recoup from a mass sale.

Alessandro Diamanti

Fans love him as he's as close to having Paolo Di Canio back as they're ever going to get. Naturally gifted, wonderful finisher, but prone to anonymity.
Value: £3m

Possible destinations: West Brom, Napoli

Benni McCarthy

Not one of the club's finest moves. McCarthy has looked off the pace, overweight and has struggled in front of goal when handed opportunities.
Value: £1m

Possible destinations: Galatasaray, Celtic

Carlton Cole

Fans will be disappointed to see Cole leave. Their powerful forward wears his heart on his sleeve and has scored nine vital goals.
Value: £10m

Possible destinations: Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool

Danny Gabbidon

The Wales international has featured just 11 times this season as injuries continue to hamper his time at Upton Park.

Value: £500,000

Possible destination: Cardiff, Rangers

Fabio Daprela

Brought in as cover last summer and has made just seven appearances for the Hammers this season.

Value: £500,000

Possible destination: Grasshoppers

Frank Nouble

Made 10 appearances earlier in the season but barely for more than a few minutes. Now on loan at Swindon.

Possible destinations: Reading, QPR, Ipswich

Freddie Sears

Has spent the season on loan at Crystal Palace and Coventry City, appearing just twice for the Hammers.

Value:  £500,000

Possible destinations: Crystal Palace, Watford

Herita Ilunga

Always an outlet going forward but suspect at the back. Has only featured once this year.

Value:  £2m

Possible destination: Paris St Germain, Blackburn

Junior Stanislas

Another product of the Academy – full of running and no shortage of ability but needs more games. Could still attract interest from some leading clubs.

Value:  £2.5m

Possible destinations: Aston Villa, Tottenham

Jack Collison

Started the season as an exciting prospect but will end it knowing he has plenty of work to do. A hardworking midfielder with real touches of class.

Value: £1.5m

Possible destinations: Ipswich, Sheffield United

James Tomkins

Aside from a couple of high-profile mistakes, Tomkins has proven himself a decent prospect. Strong in the air but needs more experience.

Value: £2m

Possible destinations: Tottenham, Fulham, Bolton

Jonathan Spector

The own goal against Wigan was unfortunate but has generally done well. Willing to shift to unfamiliar positions and has commendable workrate.

Value: £500k

Possible destinations: Wigan, Wolves

Julien Faubert

A pacy defender who has looked more comfortable going forward than dealing with duties at the back. His cross for Ilan's goal at Everton was stunning.

Value: £1.5m

Possible destinations: Rangers, Bordeaux

Kieron Dyer

A player synonymous with all that was wrong at West Ham. A highly paid former international who has failed to deliver after a series of nasty injuries.

Value: £1.2m

Possible destinations: QPR, Ipswich Town

Matthew Upson

Few players have seen their standing in the game drop as much as Upson this season. Has been troubled by imposing forwards and his heading hasn't been up to scratch.

Value: £7m

Possible destinations: Tottenham, Blackburn

Mark Noble

Suffered as many players have this season – showing moments of brilliance and no lack of hard work - but an underlying lack of confidence has hampered his development.

Value: £4.5m

Possible destinations: Tottenham, Fulham

Manuel da Costa

Endeared himself to Hammers fans by joining as part of the deal which saw Savio depart. Has acquitted himself in his few opportunities this term.

Possible destinations: Fulham, Bolton

Robert Green

A certainty for Fabio Capello's World Cup squad but it hasn't been a great season for Green who has suffered at the back of an ever-changing defence.

Value: £8m

Possible destinations: Arsenal, Sunderland

Radoslav Kovac

A tenacious and talented midfielder who has made 28 appearances this season. A hard worker who is let down occasionally by his passing.

Possible destinations: Sunderland, Celtic

Valon Behrami

It's all or nothing from the Swiss international. He either dazzles with creativity and finishing or rather ambles unnoticed through a game.

Value: £8m

Possible destinations: Palermo, Stuttgart, Juventus

Zavon Hines

Thrust into the limelight with Zola facing a number of injuries and enforced sales this term. The 21-year-old has shown moments of brilliance but injury has decimated his season.

Possible destinations: Blackburn, Wigan

TOTAL VALUE £60.2m

OR DOES ANYONE FANCY ONE OF THESE PLAYERS...? AVAILABLE ON A FREE

Ilan

Free signing from Saint Etienne - his goals against Everton, Sunderland and Wigan have gone a long way to helping stave off relegation.

Possible destination: West Ham (permanent deal)

Guillermo Franco

Joined on a free and scored four goals - Franco, 32, has impressed but is considered too old to be offered an extension to his one-year contract.

Possible destinations: Blackburn, Stoke

Luis Boa Morte

Not a hugely popular player with the fans, the former Portugal international, 32, hasn't played all season after suffering cruciate ligament damage in pre-season.

Possible destinations: Wolves, Reading

Mido

Joined the Hammers on loan from Middlesbrough in January – and will no doubt be returning up north after a poor spell at Upton Park.

Possible destinations: Middlesbrough,

Al Ahli

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1269209/The-great-West-Ham-clear-Whos-grabs-cost-big-summer-sale.html#ixzz0mNswEPwL

Vinnieffc

Brings to mind the famous commentary a few years back when Julian Dicks was having a blinder.. "and West ham look like they have 11 Dicks out on the pitch"...

AlFayedsChequebook

Forgot  to add: Mark Noble would be the PERFECT replacement for Murphy, at £4.5m that is an absolute bargain! Snap him up Roy!

Logicalman

Cole (8m),  Upson (5m),  Noble (4m) - and their all English

I like Spector as well, but he's used as LB now, isn't he? And we already have two good 'uns to fill that spot.

clintclintdeuce

Spector is young, cheap, and will quite possibly be in the starting lineup against England in SA. 500k is a steal for a kid of that charector, pace, and workrate.
The Dude abides.

Tom

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on April 28, 2010, 11:23:43 PM
Spector is young, cheap, and will quite possibly be in the starting lineup against England in SA. 500k is a steal for a kid of that charector, pace, and workrate.
I agree with you CCD. And he will be in the starting lineup against England. At 500K he would be a bargain. He could replace Konch if he leaves which I hope he doesn't.
Fulham for life!

Logicalman

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on April 28, 2010, 11:23:43 PM

He might well be all those things, but he would be playing third fiddle behind Paul and Nicky (if the rumor mill is right about him becoming permanent at the end of the season) for his place, and that's not what he would want, or even need, is it?

beijing ben

Is Spector an out and out left back? I thought he was more right sided but can play anywhere in defence and possibly midfield. He'd make good cover if that's the case

AmericanJames

Spector would be a great add, he is really versatile and has come up big in big games on the international level. he has been hampered with injuries the last couple of years but when he has been fit has played quite well, he is still relatively young (24) and would be a could prospect and possibly a starter given the right opportunity. Plus w/ EJ being most likely gone this summer the team could use to up its quotient of Yanks  :dft012:
Some people are literally too stupid to insult