Author Topic: The Foundation History of Fulham  (Read 44251 times)

Offline Peabody

• cebu
The Foundation History of Fulham
« on: February 24, 2013, 02:32:10 PM »
Bearing in mind that we have a lot of new members who never saw the original posting of the Foundation History etc. Would it not be a good idea to resurrect it. I have looked but cannot find it.

Offline LBNo11

• Global Moderator
  • Gentleman Jim
  • "A bow-legged chicken and a knock-kneed hen"
    • Friends Of Fulham
The Modfather!

WE, the fans, WE ARE FULHAM, the players, management, directors, owners - they just borrow our affections in the short time they are at OUR club...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Offline Peabody

• cebu
Re: The Foundation History of Fulham
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 02:36:21 PM »
Why could'nt I do that?

Offline LBNo11

• Global Moderator
  • Gentleman Jim
  • "A bow-legged chicken and a knock-kneed hen"
    • Friends Of Fulham
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 05:44:01 PM »
Why could'nt I do that?

...Peabody, the Foundation is not on the forum pages as we had so many 'stickys' at one stage they took over a quarter of the page and it was decided to put it in the history section of the site.

To see this and all the other useful information:-

HOME PAGE
FULHAM STUFF TAB http://www.friendsoffulham.com/fulhamstuff.php
HISTORY ICON
FULHAM FOUNDATION

Also in the history section is the FFC Timeline and the history of the various Fulham FC badges. There are loads of features in the 'Fulham Stuff' section, worth a visit...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:59:11 PM by love4ffc »
The Modfather!

WE, the fans, WE ARE FULHAM, the players, management, directors, owners - they just borrow our affections in the short time they are at OUR club...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Offline Shredhead

• Legend
  • What if the okey cokey IS what it's all about?
    • The Philosurfer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 01:57:34 PM »
Thanks for this. The colour has just drained from my face. My paternal grandfather lived in Fulham and was a ST holder in the 1940s and 50s. My mum told me that she thought his father was also a Fulham supporter. I've just read the following about our move to the Cottage in 1896: 'The dressing rooms, which comprised substantial wooden buildings, were made and erected by members of the committee and honorary members in their spare time, supervised by Mr Harry Coleman, also an old player and committee man.' My grandfather was called Harold Coleman so 'Mr Harry Coleman' could have easily been his father. I must try to find the family tree! If it was him, I had no idea my family had such an involvement in the club. If it wasn't him, what the hell - it's still a fantastic historical record of the beginnings of our club.

Offline Shredhead

• Legend
  • What if the okey cokey IS what it's all about?
    • The Philosurfer
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 09:25:34 PM »
I found my family tree and it wasn't my great great grandfather. However, I've now got in touch with a 2nd cousin who is an ace at ancestry and she's helping me to do more research.