more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we went to penalties tomorrow,

Started by Tktd, April 28, 2010, 01:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

who'd take them and would we win?

Their winger/captain (I think) is out - with the I think part being whether he was their captain or not and I'm sure he'd be taking a penalty.

Is Schwarzer better than Rost at saving them? - Does anyone know the keepers penalty stats...

I'd say Murphy, Gera, Duff, Dempsey and Davies or Zamora would be our top 5, although the thought of penalties scares the crap out of me.... What would anyone think of the idea behiend Schwarzer taking one of the 5?! Goalkeepers nous and also ability to whack the ball as hard as anyone could be good?

finnster01

My Pen takers (in this order assuming it only goes to 5 max)

1) Dempsey (goal)
2) Nevland (goal, subhim on in extra time for BZ)
3) Gera (maybe goal)
4) Murphy (goal, and historically the most important penalty to take one way or another in a pen shootout)
5) Duff (goal, and the rest is history)

Please note: Under no circumstances do I want BZ to take a penalty. He has had the season of his life and should play for England, but his head is not right.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Whiteroom

It's a terrifying prospect. They are German for god sake! Gera, Duff, Murphy, Dempsey and Roy for the final one. I would back Schwarzer to save at least one.

LBNo11

...it won't go to penalties - but if it did, I would wish for the winning penalty to be scored by John Pantsil.

I know it wouldn't happen like that - but can you imagine John Pantsil if that happened, the team and crowd would have to hold onto him to prevent him floating away..!

:011:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Quote from: Whiteroom on April 28, 2010, 01:21:31 PM
It's a terrifying prospect. They are German for god sake! Gera, Duff, Murphy, Dempsey and Roy for the final one. I would back Schwarzer to save at least one.
There is about only 1 or 3 Germans max in that starting lineup, and one is the goalie
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

blingo

michaelread

watching schwarz for years for Australia, he is IMMENSE in goal for shootouts, id be extremely confident

AlFayedsChequebook

I would pray to god that Bobby Z would not take one. He is a great player, but I dont rate him as a deadly penalty taker.

my order:

1) Gera
2) Duff
3) Murphy
4) Dempsey
5) Davies

I also reckon Konch, Hughes and Hangerland could do a job!

Whiteroom

That is true
Quote from: finnster01 on April 28, 2010, 01:30:25 PM
Quote from: Whiteroom on April 28, 2010, 01:21:31 PM
There is about only 1 or 3 Germans max in that starting lineup, and one is the goalie

but I think that they would have learned how to take them through osmosis. It won't come down to it though.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: michaelread on April 28, 2010, 01:59:53 PM
watching schwarz for years for Australia, he is IMMENSE in goal for shootouts, id be extremely confident

Rost is a fantastic penalty killer, by the way.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: LBNo11 on April 28, 2010, 01:26:06 PM
...it won't go to penalties - but if it did, I would wish for the winning penalty to be scored by John Pantsil.

I know it wouldn't happen like that - but can you imagine John Pantsil if that happened, the team and crowd would have to hold onto him to prevent him floating away..!

:011:
Hahaha, i should imagine Pants would be no 11 in the penalty taking list, but yeah that would be fantastic if i hadn't already had a heart attack. but obviously the Germans would win, it's the Law. Though we do have a german keeper  :033: .

clintclintdeuce

0-0 is a hard task to accomplish, but if it were to happen, i would feel confident.... no english taking the penalties besides murphy who is probably the best English penalty taker in the game.

but no worries as we run out 3-1 tomorrow lads... fulham for the cup!
The Dude abides.

MrCheviot

Murphy
Gera
Nevland
Davies
Dempsey

If Roy doesn't sub Nevland on in the 115th minute, I'd throw Duff in the middle. Give their goalie a lefty to worry about.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"