watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Please Help

Started by Peabody, April 28, 2010, 07:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Just looking at TFI and there is a thread that has a Pathe News clip of Fulham training at Craven Cottage. It includes Johnny Haynes, Roy Bentley, Tony Macedo and Robin Lawlor. Problem is, I cant copy it on to here, so if anyone can do the work for me, it will interest all of you who have never seen The Hammy End without a roof. It will certainley interest Blingo ( and maybe Tony Gilroy) and I was really impressed by Jimmy Langley's furry slippers.

Hammer Smith

It's brilliant isn't it? My daughter emailed it to me and I put the link on TIFF - I use the Hammer Smith name there but I wasn't able to use that name when I registered on here. Here's the link for anyone who's interested:

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=247

COYSWs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CorkedHat

Great stuff Mr P. Jimmy Hill hasn't changed.
The only thing missing is a shot of Reg Stratton sweeping the terraces
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

blingo

Fantastic. Just fantastic. Thank you.

CorkedHat

On that clip is a link to the Fulham v Newcastle Cup Tie in 1956 a game that Mr Peabody and myself are always crapping on about being Fulham's greatest match (until the Juventus win).
Note how Jimmy Hill was the skipper a fact that I had forgotten, but what a delight it was to see dear old Tosh crack home a hat trick.

Whiteroom

That is brilliant. Watch the one where we beat Port vale. It is absolutely hilarious when the commentator says 'what a ding dong game'. It would make me so happy to hear that sort of commentary now.

blingo

I always knew Tosh as "Mr Chamberlin" CH as I knew his sons who are around my age and if I knocked on his door and he answered it was ALWAYS "Mr Chamberlin" i believe they used to call it respect in those days  :dft009:. But that was a long time ago m8. 56 was a good year as it was the year i was born  :dft012:

The Equalizer

Great video. And I love the furniture in Jimmy Langley's house! Red and grey armchairs that went with his socks and slippers!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Peabody

I think I have said before, how Jimmy L used to wear the shortest shorts and had very long throw-in. Imagine, he also wore furry red slippers

CorkedHat

Quote from: Peabody on April 29, 2010, 10:46:18 AM
I think I have said before, how Jimmy L used to wear the shortest shorts and had very long throw-in. Imagine, he also wore furry red slippers

Jimmy also had the weirdest pair of legs. He looked as though he had just got off a horse after riding it non-stop for a week.
And Mr B - I am afraid that good manners and respect by kids today has almost disappeared. When I used to queue up for their autographs I would never dream of calling Haynes - Johnny or Jezzard - Beddy! I don't know what I called Reg Stratton because I never wanted his autograph :035:

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

lakey

Please dont keep showing all these old news clips especially today, Iam reaching for the tissues again I think a small dram may help.   

Yours in grateful thanks.      Lakey