watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stand up if you still believe

Started by Edwatch_Winston_Malone, April 29, 2010, 11:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Apparently the players thought it was the changing point too...

After Thursday night's historic win over Hamburg, Dickson Etuhu described his utter delight at defying the odds at the Cottage to reach the Final of the UEFA Europa League on the 12th May.

"I'm still in shock to be honest," said Etuhu late on Thursday night. "It's still not hit me yet!

"It's been a great day and I hope everyone enjoyed it because this doesn't happen very often. I know I'm going to enjoy it.

"Nobody thought we could get this far but we're here and we should enjoy it."

Fulham's remarkable second half comeback on Thursday night was in-tune with the chorus of 'stand up if you still believe' from the Cottage faithful and Etuhu was keen to praise the supporters for creating an electric atmosphere on Thursday night.

"We just had to keep doing what we were doing and not change anything in the second half. You could see we were the better team on the day and it was a fair result.

"It's great to have the fans behind us like they were tonight. They're a big part of why we won and I'd like to thank them for doing that.

"We've got three more games to play before the Final and I'll be thinking about West Ham on Sunday now – but it was a special one today!"

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/April/EtuhuSemiFinalReaction.aspx#ixzz0mZoEvyHc

Pata

Started at the back of Hammersmith End. When it went around for the 2nd time, a fella behind me went "Nah, sorry, I just don't anymore...." Was going to turn around to him at the time but left it until after the game. :)
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

The Equalizer

Some bloke behind me (row H, H6) kept saying 'sit down' to me. I'm used to standing all game at the back of the Hammy End and I wanted to stay standing for the entirety of this game.

Anyway, he said 'sit down' and I replied:

"this is our fcuking cup final and I'm not sitting down". At this point the 2nd chorus of 'stand up if you still believe' started and the whole ground stood.

One in your eye you lazy swine!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc