watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Thought For Absent Friends

Started by Tonywa, April 30, 2010, 09:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

On this greatest of days for our wonderful football club, my thoughts turned to all those people who supported the club for many years, through all the dark days and who are no longer with us to enjoy this wonderful moment.  People like Mary Doughty, Alex Ferguson (The Traveller) and dear old Charlie who used to be dressing room attendant in the Cottage and was one of the stalwarts of the away coach for many years through to the 'nineties.

epsomraver

Amen to that there are a lot of real Fulham fans who supported us through thick and thin who are no longer with us, Jim Mitchell the old press steward who sadly died, followed Fulham everywhere over the years,  although his wife Dawn the original and best press room  tea lady the club has ever had (famous through the land for her scones even used to buy biscuits out of her own pocket during the dark days ) stills goes to all the home games

Airfix

And my great (in many senses of the word) friend Graham Hooper AKA MK Hoops AKA "the drummer before me".  He'd have loved all this.

He'll be there though, I'm taking a picture of him to the final.

finnster01

My father Johnny and brother Tom will be having one right next to them Mr Ska :54:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LBNo11

Graham Hooper aka MK Hoops.
Gabriel Hynes aka The Fulham Gay.
Matthew Fox aka Foxy.
Alex Ferguson aka The Traveller.
Chris Topley the away game fixer.
Mary Doughty, The away coaches organiser and surrogate mum.
Jim Simms - A Gentleman.
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

jms

With fifteen minutes to go I was so nervous my partner said to me, think of your Dad and we'll win. Unfortunately we never won anything when he was alive, and one of his favourite sayings was ' I support fulham, but it's never done them any good !"
When the final whistle went I cried for him and for my dear friend Audrey who used to stand down in front of the green pole with her son Bob and friends Graham and I. How she would have loved the cottage last night.
Haven't seen Graham for several years....were you there last night Graham ? Juventus was surreal....last night was the most emotional game of my life.

VicHalomsLovechild

As well as all those fans (my uncles Billy and Roger) who have past on and missed last night. My thoughts are with all those who couldn't come to the Cottage last night for reasons financial (it's been a long season) and distance, all those expats and foreign fans who support from afar.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Airfix on April 30, 2010, 10:56:17 AM
And my great (in many senses of the word) friend Graham Hooper AKA MK Hoops AKA "the drummer before me".  He'd have loved all this.

He'll be there though, I'm taking a picture of him to the final.

Amen to that Mr A. I was thinking of him during the after match celebrations. He would have loved it.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

epsomraver

Where you been corkie? recovering? I gave the boys  an extra cheer last night for you as promised, what a night, not since Pompy game have we sung and cheered so much

The Equalizer

And not forgetting Mr John Norman Haynes... he would've loved last night. (although he would've probably told Murphy to get his arse in gear!)
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

CorkedHat

Quote from: epsomraver on April 30, 2010, 03:40:49 PM
Where you been corkie? recovering? I gave the boys  an extra cheer last night for you as promised, what a night, not since Pompy game have we sung and cheered so much

Greetings ER. I managed it up to the pub this afternoon. I only had a couple but I think I have been stunned by the occasion.
I was thinking about absent friends. Over the past few years we have lost many players who made Fulham great.
Players like Johnny Haynes, Bobby Robson, Beddy Jezzard, Arthur Stevens, and Jimmy Langley to name a few.
I know that had they still been around they would have been absolutely overwhelmed with pride at what their team has just achieved.
I really envy you blokes who were there last night but mind you it will never beat the time we thrashed Halifax 8-0 at The Shay  :035: :035:

CorkedHat

Sorry Eq - I didn't see your post re Sir Johnny until after I posted mine. Great minds and all that.

Tonywa

Quote from: epsomraver on April 30, 2010, 10:27:50 AM
Amen to that there are a lot of real Fulham fans who supported us through thick and thin who are no longer with us, Jim Mitchell the old press steward who sadly died, followed Fulham everywhere over the years,  although his wife Dawn the original and best press room  tea lady the club has ever had (famous through the land for her scones even used to buy biscuits out of her own pocket during the dark days ) stills goes to all the home games

Very glad to hear that Dawn is still around and watching the club.  In the 'eighties when old 'Pops' Mitchell still used to come on the away coach, what with Jim and Dawn and their children we used to have several generations of the Mitchell family with us.

TW 

VicHalomsLovechild

Just a thought. Why don't those of us lucky enough to be going take pictures with us of those that won't be going. I've got my mum digging around the old pictures to find my uncles. Who took me as a kid. So I can take them along with me.

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

VicHalomsLovechild

Maybe we could talk to the Club about having an offical board we could pin them all toprior to the game!

epsomraver

Quote from: Tonywa on April 30, 2010, 05:49:52 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on April 30, 2010, 10:27:50 AM

Very glad to hear that Dawn is still around and watching the club.  In the 'eighties when old 'Pops' Mitchell still used to come on the away coach, what with Jim and Dawn and their children we used to have several generations of the Mitchell family with us.

Tony, Sue Mitchell is my "missus" she and Dawn her mum  still go to all the home games, Dawn sits down the front of A block near the disabled, Sue has a season ticket in JH D block, if you want to get in touch PM me with your details,

TW