watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fair Play League - final placing

Started by Teabag, May 01, 2010, 08:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teabag

I read that the season has ended as regards the fair play league table. Does anyone know if we are the qualifiers for next year's Europa - it would be a good back up in case we don't win on the 12th.

blingo

WE WILL WIN ON THE 12th Teabag. BELIEVE.

Teabag

I do believe - I'm standing up  :dft012: But it would still be nice to know now that we have already qualified for next year.

leonffc

I heard yesterday that we will depending on Englands placing which is 3rd at the moment. I THINK that is the last placing so yes.

If we win, it goes to the next fair club which is............... wait for it............... BURNLEY  :011:

Yes - BURNLEY in Europe   :58:

watfordwhite

Quote from: leonffc on May 01, 2010, 09:58:56 AM
I heard yesterday that we will depending on Englands placing which is 3rd at the moment. I THINK that is the last placing so yes.

If we win, it goes to the next fair club which is............... wait for it............... BURNLEY  :011:

Yes - BURNLEY in Europe   :58:

I will have to sit down now as I do not belive that!!!!

Teabag

So if England are third I don't think we make it. Ah well, we'll just have to win the thing  :045:

The Doctor

I think the top 3 FAs each get to enter a team through the fair play system.  This replaces the Intertoto Cup as there were 3 winners of this tournament every season, believe it or not!

So despite England being 3rd, that's still high enough to enter an additional team into the 2010/11 Europa League at the first qualifying round.  The very best of luck to Burnley in their Euro campaign  :dft012:

Lighthouse

This from the BBC

Burnley will be tip-toeing about avoiding any trouble as they target an improbable Europa League place next season. To put it simply: England are set to win one of the qualification places on offer to those countries who finish in the top three of Uefa's Fair Play rankings. That place will go to the best-placed team in the Premier League's Fair Play League who haven't already qualified for Europe. At the moment, that's Fulham - but if the Cottagers win the Europa League, next in is Burnley. With me?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

I have been home in bed, well on the couch, with the flu bug for two days and this story has ran many times. Right now England is in third, will get a spot, and if we beat Atletico, Burnley gets it, if we lose, we get in as well. This ran on Sky Sports a bunch of times.

PaulUMD

So basically, we're already qualified for a second consecutive year in Europe?

Tom

Quote from: PaulUMD on May 01, 2010, 06:34:29 PM
So basically, we're already qualified for a second consecutive year in Europe?
Yes according to what Lighthouse posted.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: RidgeRider on May 01, 2010, 02:05:39 PM
I have been home in bed, well on the couch, with the flu bug for two days and this story has ran many times. Right now England is in third, will get a spot, and if we beat Atletico, Burnley gets it, if we lose, we get in as well. This ran on Sky Sports a bunch of times.
Great news!!!
Fulham for life!

ImperialWhite

Word of caution though - no data has been published since January. A lot can happen between January and April (when they stopped counting bookings).

Lighthouse

If we didn't beat Athletico and did qualify through fair play when would we have to play the Europa. Not the prelim rounds again? The World Cup would still be on and the rest of our squad well and truly out on their feet.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ImperialWhite

From the first round! i.e. two whole rounds before we started before. Basically as soon as the WC is over, you'd assume, it be back to work (WC ends July 11, and we started in late July last year). I've loved every minute of Europe, but I would worry about players like Demps and Schwarz, who would play almost non-stop from July 2009 - May 2011 (playing through Europa 09/10, Confederations cup 2009, Season 09/10, WC 2010, Europa 10/11, Season 10/11) if we qualified though Fairplay.