more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Possible new Matchday Pub

Started by JezamyBates, May 01, 2010, 12:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JezamyBates

Hi All

just a quick heads up really. I know some of you on here have had rather rough encounters with the staff in the Jolly Gardeners over the past few weeks, lack of customer service etc. Well just to inform you all that a new pub opened last night, The Rocket, part of the Wetherspoons company

Looks OK with plenty of seating and usually cheaper prices. Its situated literally next door to the Boathouse just on Putney Bridge, behind the cinema and police station

I'll be popping in tomorrow to see if it could possible be a mainstay for next season

Jez

jarv

I would stay well clear of a weatherspoons pub, beer is absolute cr@p. A friend of mine told me the beer is cheap because it is mostly the dregs they buy in. I suppose on the basis their pubs are often frequented by younger folks who cannot tell a decent pint of beer from a pint of milk.

When I used to live in Putney, teh Dukes head by the bridge was geat. (my local then). Excellent beer (Youngs), although on a visit a few years ago after a game they were not open because they didn't want the (away) footie fans. It was Portsmouth though and who wants those trouble makers around.

FatFreddysCat

I very rarely have a bad pint in Wetherspoons, and the brother inlaw who was a drayman for years tells me the reason it's so cheap is because they buy so much because of the amount of pubs they have. Not everyones cup of tea, but it p1sses me off when people look down their noses at Wetherspoons, if you want a cheap night out then Wetherspoons is ideal.

finnster01

Don't talk bad about Pompey fans. I know many, and spent quite a few years hanging about Pompey due to my Royal Navy days. I am sad to see what has happened to the club and feel for the fans and I honestly hope they sort it out sometime. We were once in that shithole in case you have forgot. Many happy memories with that Pompey lot.

Pompey is a fine town and their fans are better than their reputation. There are a lot worse places in the UK than Pompey, and please don't get me started on that thread.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Hammer Smith

We're going to the Coat and Badge instead of the Jolly Gardeners tomorrow (which  we will never enter again!) the food is crap but the beer is good and if the weather holds the barbecued stuff is just about edible....The Duke's Head is great for the location and beer alone but the food again is crap and we like to eat something before the match as many of our our group of friends and family come in from the sticks.

epsomraver

Quote from: finnster01 on May 01, 2010, 02:49:27 PM
Don't talk bad about Pompey fans. I know many, and spent quite a few years hanging about Pompey due to my Royal Navy days. I am sad to see what has happened to the club and feel for the fans and I honestly hope they sort it out sometime. We were once in that shithole in case you have forgot. Many happy memories with that Pompey lot.

Pompey is a fine town and their fans are better than their reputation. There are a lot worse places in the UK than Pompey, and please don't get me started on that thread.

I'll second that, when we were there for the great escape the number of Pompy fans who came up to us when we were walking up to Gun Wharf in our Fulham colours  and wished us well was staggering, yes they have  idiots and some of Pompey is a dump what club or city hasn't these days.Up the Golden Rivet Mr Finn!

JezamyBates

I appeciate most are apprehensive about wetherspoons pub. however after visiting this one this morning, it seems much less like a stand jdw pub.

£2.50 a pint (decent quality) and a fairly decent menu, mot too bad at all

Scrumpy

Thanks Jezamy, our little group will give this one a go.
:028:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.