watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did anyone see darren Lewis's marks out of 10 for the players in the Mirror

Started by epsomraver, May 01, 2010, 01:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

This idiot in the Mirror  gave Gera 5! Schwarz 6 ! JP  Hughes Konch Simon Murph  all 7 Brede 5. Duff 5.  not one player with over 7, as this idiot does them at half time  how can he give a rating, on what is it based and who is he to pass judgement! crap paper crap reporter!

The_Great_Escape_2008

The Daily Marxist is a sh!te paper with top four loving reporters. Never bought it, never will. Times, Guardian and the Sun all had great and accurate reports on the games.

The Doctor

If that's what Fulham play like and achieves when the players are sticking in a half-arsed effort, then imagine what the Final will be like when they're all up for it  :011:

Rupert

Darren Lewis? Who he?

Actually, I'm getting this mental image of a boozed up hack, peering through bloodshot eyes at our heroes, wondering where he is since he was told it was a European semi-final, but this place doesn't look like Anfield or Old Trafford, and constanty asking those around him who has the ball right now as he doesn't recognise the players. Probably did the marks by writing random numbers down, and after the half time refreshment from his hip flask it is a miracle he could write anything at all.

Or am I being harsh here? :005:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

Who gives a toss what the Mirror thinks. Lets have a debate.

Swart - 7 - Slow to react for the goal but bossed his area with aplomb which is still illigal in the States.
Pants - 7 - Needs more time back in the first time. Left spaces but recovered well and supported the wide area well.
Konk - 8 - Did well for the most part in both defence and attack
Hughes - 9 - Covered Pants and was simply always there when he had to be
Hang - 8- Another solid performance and paniced the German club at corners
Duff - 8 - Simply scared the Germans so much that they left spaces to accomodate him. Always a danger
Murphy - 8 - Iffy first half but ran the second and the pass for the equalizer was just brilliant
Etuhu - 7 - Tidy and simple and broke up play well
Davies- 9 - The goal was brilliant and his over all play was outstanding
Gera - 9  Worked hard , supported and scored the winner
Zamora - 7-  Worked hard and was simply not fit but still caused problems.
Dempsey -7- Made the difference coming on. Gave them a more mobile problem
Nevland -6- Nearly got in Geras way for the goal but again worked hard for the team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

I would agree with that LH but Dickson was an 8 he was very good on the night, to answer Rupert Darren Lewis is the Mirror sports reporter the token Black reporter who I used to sit near , he is useless, never watches the game, does all his scoring at half time and then copies whoever is near him,  spends  most of the time texting his friends or trying to  chat up my missus.

White Noise

I doubt he touches a drink. Doesn't look like a drinker. Does look like someone who doesn't have the brains he was born with. When you see him on Sky News as a pundit he comes across as the Baz Bamigboye of football journalism. Neither journalist, expert or football lover. I have never seen him on The Sunday Supplement I imagine because he is so despised by his peers and because you need a passing knowledge of football. Until we improve reading standards in our schools we will get the journalists we deserve. The Mirror, regardless of its politics, is written for the educationally subnormal and in some cases by them.

epsomraver

Pata

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 01, 2010, 02:16:25 PM

Swart - 7 - Slow to react for the goal but bossed his area with aplomb which is still illigal in the States.

You know it puzzles me that I am seeing so much criticism of Schwarzer over the goal. The trajectory of the free kick was a tad ridiculous, it was well hit, right under the bar and almost top corner as well as being over the wall covering that side of goal. Not really sure what Schwarzer was supposed to have done.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Lighthouse

Quote from: Pata on May 01, 2010, 02:46:18 PM

You know it puzzles me that I am seeing so much criticism of Schwarzer over the goal. The trajectory of the free kick was a tad ridiculous, it was well hit, right under the bar and almost top corner as well as being over the wall covering that side of goal. Not really sure what Schwarzer was supposed to have done.

Reacted quicker?

Pata

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 01, 2010, 02:51:35 PM
Quote from: Pata on May 01, 2010, 02:46:18 PM

Reacted quicker?
That's what people seem to be saying. But look at this
Fulham - HSV...amazing goal Mladen Petric (2:1)
from around 1:20 for 2 seconds - I think he sees what Petric is doing through a gap in the wall, he is moving that way and he's just beaten by a cracking shot.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Lighthouse

Swarts movement across the line was a bit 'awkward'. His weight seemed to be on the wrong foot when he was reaching for the shot. But it was a beauty. But every goal scored is a brilliant goal (even if it goes in off Zamoras posterior) while every goal conceded is a poor goal to give away. If I was a Hamburg fan I would be saying how the two goals Fulham scored were soft and poor defending.

Pata

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 01, 2010, 03:04:11 PM
Swarts movement across the line was a bit 'awkward'. His weight seemed to be on the wrong foot when he was reaching for the shot. But it was a beauty. But every goal scored is a brilliant goal (even if it goes in off Zamoras posterior) while every goal conceded is a poor goal to give away. If I was a Hamburg fan I would be saying how the two goals Fulham scored were soft and poor defending.

I think the fact that ended up looking like a spaz as the ball went in made it look worse than it was. Don't think there is much wrong with his side-stepping towards the shot. Always been a fan of Schwarzer - thought it was a great signing when Fulham got him.

Don't think Hamburg could complain about the 1st one - great ball in and control. The 2nd - yes, poor defending.

I'm fat, I'm Scouse