watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pog returning

Started by bobby01, July 19, 2013, 08:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Holders

So if you believe all this stuff, that's Pog, Odemwhingie and Bent all coming. It'll be crowded up front.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bulgariawhite

Reports in the Daily Mirror claim that Pavel Pogrebnyak could be set for an immediate return to the Premier League with his old club Fulham as relegated Reading attempt to get his £65,000-a-week wages off the payroll. The Russia forward managed just five Premier League goals for the Royals in 29 appearances last season.

cmg

Quote from: bulgariawhite on July 19, 2013, 08:48:59 AM
Reports in the Daily Mirror claim that Pavel Pogrebnyak could be set for an immediate return to the Premier League with his old club Fulham as relegated Reading attempt to get his £65,000-a-week wages off the payroll. The Russia forward managed just five Premier League goals for the Royals in 29 appearances last season.

...and the three together still won't get as many as Berbatov.

Quote from: bulgariawhite on July 19, 2013, 08:48:59 AM
Reports in the Daily Mirror claim that Pavel Pogrebnyak could be set for an immediate return to the Premier League with his old club Fulham as relegated Reading attempt to get his £65,000-a-week wages off the payroll.

Good idea. Just as long as it doesn't get put on ours.

westcliff white

Nope we have moved on, let him stay at reading
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Is this the same bandit that ditched us for 30 pieces of silver? And other than the odd goal I thought he offered very little. It's a big nooooo from me.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Buffalo76

brightster

Thank you Pog for your goals and effort in the white shirt, but you made your choice so you can now rot at Reading!

malcbridger

I am probably in the minority, but out of the 3 (Bent, Pog, Odemw) I would like to see Odemwingie. At the reported 1.5mil, even at 31-32 (?), he would be an improvement on Hugo with a 1 in 3 scoring record. Signing the 'Pog' would be a step backwards, scored just 5 goals last season, doesn't look bothered! Bent would cost us loads in transfer fee and wages, injury prone and a huge gamble. I don't think Trotta is ready at this level. All that aside, it would great if we found a Beneke/Lukaku type player out there.

FFC1987

When the Pog left he was openly honest in stating he left for the money which was refreshing, none of this ambition malarkey. If we could get him in for free and he took less wages than what we offered before (unlikely) i'd take him back as its good for the squad, something different. However i'd rather try someone younger with potential but wouldn't turn my nose up at it. Howver, I believe this to be lazy journalism.

LordNelson

No thank you. Too much cost for too little return.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

rusty shackleford

He'll end up at Palace/Hull/Cardiff

or QPR

shnlwswlkr

I don't think Jol is the type of man to go back to someone who snubbed him when he gave him a chance.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Northern Cottager

The Sun is only reliable if you're one of these people dying to know what the likes of Tulisa and other scores have worn on a night out before embarrassing themselves. Aside from that it is fairly useless.

Northern Cottager

Oh, and the Pog and Berba up top... The opposition will be able to get deck chairs out with the pace wed'd attack with.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Burt

£65k a week?? How much were we paying him. Hope it wasn't that much. Sounds a lot. He kind of fizzled out after bursting on the scene, and didn't exactly set Reading alight. Not convinced.

zschwartz

well, he left for a reason, i really doubt it was anywhere near 65k... you don't reject a fairly well established club to play for a newly promoted one without either assured playing time (which he already had before berbatov was brought in) or significantly more money.

he's an alright player who underperformed for a poor squad... i would prefer he not return.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Burt on July 19, 2013, 12:34:06 PM
£65k a week?? How much were we paying him. Hope it wasn't that much. Sounds a lot. He kind of fizzled out after bursting on the scene, and didn't exactly set Reading alight. Not convinced.

Thought we were paying him around 35 or 40 and not willing to pay more. He didn't deserve that really. First touch was horrible IMO.....not a great trait for a striker expected to hold the ball and bring others in.

Would be a poor signing.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

First State

Agreed, let him stay. We need need a Striker with pace.