News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Driving to Germany ...............have you seen this ???????????fecken Roadworks

Started by KCat, May 02, 2010, 10:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Can  someone copy and paste it for me please as for some unknown reason i cant acess the Offal  :022: . Also for those driving Via Michelin  is much better than AA route finder,even gives you the rough cost in petrol and tolls. Plus it has lots of differant routes so will hopefully give the roadworks a wide berth.

KCat

yesem !!

I saw some messages on here about roadworks causing a problem for the semi in Hamburg. Anyone know where these were and how bad it was? I am driving across from the Hook of Holland.

Tags:

Share Twitter Facebook

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Scoredraw Permalink Reply by Scoredraw 2 hours ago
    They are on the last stretch. Countaflow for about last 100/150 miles on the A1. Can't be avoided. Slow as 60 km limit for 10 mile stretches but not continuous. Very thin lanes make it difficult to overtake the lorries. Should be fine traffic was moving ok just leave plenty of time in case if accident. The traffic can also be bad during rush hour around Antwerp and eindhoven if you are going that way. We stayed overnight in Eindhoven to break journey. One more thing, new road layout at Eindhoven makes the sat nav go a bit crazy

▶ Reply to This

Alan Hemingway Permalink Reply by Alan Hemingway 47 minutes ago
    Hello scoredraw We are also driving from Dunkirk.Looking at the map their are 2 ways to Hamburg. Either via Munster/Osnabruck/Bremen,or the route we drove to wolfsburg on via bielefeld/Hanover. Which route has the roadworks on pls ? Thanks

▶ Reply to This

Nigel Rowles Permalink Reply by Nigel Rowles 29 minutes ago
    The roadworks are on the A1 are really bad frpom Bremen on. I got caught up in them around 4pm so aimm to get through before the mid pm rush. Enjoy the journey and allow 8 hours. PS if you have any tips on how to get 2 tickets, despite being a season ticket holder I missed out,

▶ Reply to This

Scoredraw Permalink Reply by Scoredraw 25 minutes ago
    Osnabruck to Hamburg is the roadworks.Duisburg Essen also can be slow. May be worth going Arnhem Enshede depending on journey times but dont really know if it is any quicker

▶ Reply to This

Alan Hemingway Permalink Reply by Alan Hemingway 2 minutes ago
    No promises but the guy that sits next to us in the r/side has 4 tickets and is waiting to here from 2 mates if they are going or not. If the tickets come up i will put you in touch with him.as he will only sell them to a fulham sth @ cost. He lives N London and works in Canary Wharf. Where do you live if they are available ? Should know within 48 hrs but again NO PROMISES

Nigel Rowles said:

The roadworks are on the A1 are really bad frpom Bremen on. I got caught up in them around 4pm so aimm to get through before the mid pm rush. Enjoy the journey and allow 8 hours. PS if you have any tips on how to get 2 tickets, despite being a season ticket holder I missed out,

▶ Reply to This

Read more: http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/roadworks-in-germany#ixzz0mlMWZqBN

KCat

FatFreddysCat

checking differant routes the only realistic way is still via the A1 Bremen, and i'm guessing well be there slap bang in the rush hour  :56: .

Pamela

I drove the Eindhoven/Antwerp route to Hanover for the Wolfsberg game and back that way for the Hamburg game.  I drove to Hamburg along the A1 and via Bremmen.  There are slightly less roadworks the Hannover way, time is not much different, distance just a bit more the Hanover way, but less frustrating and that is the way we shall be driving for the final :0)

VicHalomsLovechild

Going over to the Uncles after the game today. He was stationed in Germany and drives back there once a year for reunions. So he wants to get out all his maps and help me plan my route.
Might be useful if we can get the mods to dedicate a thread at the top of the page for the drivers. If we all use roughly the same route might be helpful in case of the odd breakdown or accident (God forbid)  :045:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on May 02, 2010, 12:14:06 PM
Going over to the Uncles after the game today. He was stationed in Germany and drives back there once a year for reunions. So he wants to get out all his maps and help me plan my route.
Might be useful if we can get the mods to dedicate a thread at the top of the page for the drivers. If we all use roughly the same route might be helpful in case of the odd breakdown or accident (God forbid)  :045:
Top idea Vic.Were probably going to set off about 11pm Monday and gedt a boat or through the tunnel about 2am. But seriously Via Michelin is the best route finder.

VicHalomsLovechild

I'll be your wingman Spence. Should we all be taking towels to put on our seats?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on May 02, 2010, 12:32:39 PM
I'll be your wingman Spence. Should we all be taking towels to put on our seats?
We might have to take a few buckets. Me and Rufus have notoriusly bad bladders, on a Jolly boys outing to Margate we made the coach pull over about six times, the first after about 15 minutes. And i hope the Hotel has plastic sheets 3 of the 5 are bed wetters (not me, i just follow through now and then). Apparantly if you miss your booked tunnel time they really hammer you for it, so leave a fair bit of time especiaklly coming back.

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 02, 2010, 12:37:34 PM
Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on May 02, 2010, 12:32:39 PM
We might have to take a few buckets. Me and Rufus have notoriusly bad bladders, on a Jolly boys outing to Margate we made the coach pull over about six times, the first after about 15 minutes. And i hope the Hotel has plastic sheets 3 of the 5 are bed wetters (not me, i just follow through now and then). Apparantly if you miss your booked tunnel time they really hammer you for it, so leave a fair bit of time especiaklly coming back.
Now I am jealous. If I had more time, I should have just flown into London and joined the crew. This has the potential of a road trip of a life time. Unfortunately I will be arriving promptly courtesy of Lufthansa (The Airline Formerly Known as Luftwaffe) and properly jetlagged on top.

Hopefully those blue Fulham shirts will wake me up as it is the biggest cack I have seen in a million years.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

boxhockcycsock

There is some serious roadwork going on the Autobahn-Eins just outside of Bremen. It's important that you guys learn the German word for detour

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"