News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oh dear....Liverpool want RH, not new but gathering substance.

Started by jarv, May 02, 2010, 01:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

According to a quote, RH says he has one more big job left in him before he retires. Lengthy article quoting that Liverpool want him and apparently he does not rule it out. OK, a big fee would be rquired but........
Who could replace him.??

The candidates we would end up with is the usual merry go round of management failures who always seem to re-appear at a new club after doing a rubbish job elsewhere.

finnster01

Roy Hodgson at Liverpool?

That is as likely as Prince Philip managing a team in Asia
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Pata

I'm fat, I'm Scouse

ImperialWhite

Yarden

Roy is not going to Liverpool, he would only leave if England came calling and that won`t happend before 2012 atleast.

White Noise

The article and others of its ilk are in todays Fulham Stuff Imperial White.

ImperialWhite

Cheers mate.

Hadn't thought of it before, but I reckon Roy would do well at Liverpool. Even worse, I just can't see Rafa staying. Worried that Rafa might get pushed/jump soonish - just hope that MAF tries as hard as possible to keep him (I'd rather increase Roy's wages then splash out on new players, for instance).

Oakeshott

I doubt the issue would be pay.

Unless MAF has a joker in the pack in terms of new investment, we are not realistically a Champions League qualifying club - though hopefully in with a shout of finishing high enough in future seasons for Europa League places. Liverpool - assuming new and wealth ownership - is a potential Champions League qualifier next season and that, if anything, would draw Roy.

My hunch is that he will stay put for the immediate future in the hope of managing England should the Italian chap go either after the World Cup or the European Cup in 2012. Anyway, I hope so.

epsomraver

Why would Roy want to go there, he is Sarf London boy at heart, Liverpool are potless and up for sale so he has no idea who he will be working for, I think he means by one big job left is that he would take the England job if offered and so would any English born  manager, they would  see it as the pinnacle of his career

ImperialWhite

Maybe he'll leave, maybe he won't, but he'll never be able to top this season - short of losing to Athletico this season and winning it the next.

Tktd

BOOM - and here ends that lesson! Hodgson has no reason to leave, he's contracted to a club where he admires the fans, players, club and chairman and he has the chairmans financial support. Yet again he has said he doesn't want to go. Phew. He always says he doesn't want to. The only job h's said he wants is the England one and hopefully it'll stay that way! :)

TonyGilroy

My gut feeling is that because the England job "might" be available after the World Cup that he's unlikely to take a club job before that.

On the other hand if he got a shot at managing Liverpool I couldn't blame him if he took it. Frankly this is the highest level he can realistically take us to.

finnster01

Quote from: TonyGilroy on May 02, 2010, 07:02:17 PM

My gut feeling is that because the England job "might" be available after the World Cup that he's unlikely to take a club job before that.

On the other hand if he got a shot at managing Liverpool I couldn't blame him if he took it. Frankly this is the highest level he can realistically take us to.
I would,
not that he would care though.

Managing Liverpool? Please.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The_Great_Escape_2008

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/news/generalnews/hodgson-im-sticking-with-cottagers-819899866.html

Roy dismisses Liverpool job. I think he knows that if he takes another job it could risk his chances of being named as England manager. Best to be safe to stick with us and keep on beating expectations rather than go and take a job as poisoned as Liverpool or Celtic manager.

KCat

He will not go to another UK  club ............the only job he will go for is the England job,  he said if the
FA..ll asked him he would say yes .........................not :consider : might : ................he said he would and he will.....................but on the up side,  they are dumb enough not to ask him

SuffolkWhite

Lets hope that Roy is being his canny self, and is merely stirring our Chairman up into parting with some of his hard earned to invest in the squad.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Jimpav

Roy would only leave for the England job but could see him still playing a role for Fulham if he did.

If Liverpool get big investment then Mourhinio might be more likely.

Rupert

I really can't see one of the big clubs being willing to give Roy a couple of years to mould the team into the shape he wants and their fans are unlikely to be happy with him shipping out crowd favourites who can't/won't play to his system.

Roy is very intelligent and has already had his fingers burnt at Blackburn. The England job would be a different matter, but club jobs...
Keep the faith.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

RidgeRider