watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How do we rate the Europa Cup Final?

Started by CorkedHat, May 02, 2010, 08:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

In terms of prestige and importance how do we rate a Europa Cup Final in relation to winning the Premiership or appearing in a League or FA Cup Final?
Mark each one out of ten, please.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

os5889

World Cup 10
Champions League 10

European Championships 9

Premiership 8

Europa League 8

League Cup 6

FA Cup 6

FatFreddysCat

The Europa Final is the most important game i think we'll ever be involved in, for me it's a 10/10. Obviously if we got in the Champions league that would be a ten and Europa drop to 8/10. Fa Cup 8/10, League cup 7/10. Not bothered at all about World cup, i'll watch games with Fulham players in if i'm not watching something else so 3/10.

FatFreddysCat

Ooops forgot the premiership hard to call , more important than the Europa by far, but as much fun? 9/10

os5889

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 02, 2010, 08:56:23 PM
The Europa Final is the most important game i think we'll ever be involved in, for me it's a 10/10. Obviously if we got in the Champions league that would be a ten and Europa drop to 8/10. Fa Cup 8/10, League cup 7/10. Not bothered at all about World cup, i'll watch games with Fulham players in if i'm not watching something else so 3/10.

I only put World Cup and Euros as in terms of prestige I consider WC and CL on a par, The CL being the WC of club football so to speak

SuffolkWhite

World Cup 9
Champions League 9

European Championships 9

Premiership 9

Europa League 8

League Cup 6

FA Cup 7

Nothing is perfect in this world so no 10's, but if your a Fulham fan then surely 9 and a half for the Europa Cup as it is the chance of a lifetime to win the Biggest Cup we can in our history.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Jimpav

10 until further notice.

I'm going to run the risk of sounding chippy and a bit bitter but the Champions league is a gluttonous trough for an elite group if clubs that have been dining out on "free lunches".

We have only had 5 different clubs represent England over the last 7 years or so and this is only set to change because City have bought their entrance ticket. Spurs may also break through but they are one of the 20 richest clubs.

The group stages are a joke - any of the PL top ten could get past these yet Britain boasts about having a finalist in the competitition nearly every year.

The fact that the qualifying losers and the 3rd place rejects get a shot at europa is insulting also.

It's about time someone derailed the gravy train.

Sorry for digressing John!     

Rupert

With Fulham in it, 10 of course.

Otherwise,
Europa League final, 8 if won by a Europa entrant, 7 if by a Chump's League dropout.
Premiership, 7 if won by one of the usual suspects, 9 if won by Villa/Citeh/Brum, 10 if Sir Roy leaves us completely gobsmacked next season (or if Wigan pip us to it)
League Cup, 6 if won by the big 4, 7 by anyone else.
FA Cup, 7 by the big 4, 8 by other Premiership, 9 by Nationwide, 20 by non-league.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

Premiiership  10

FA Cup    9

Champions League 8

Europa Cup 7

World Cup 6

Euopean Chmpionship 5

League Cup 4
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope