watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone on the official coaches??

Started by os5889, May 04, 2010, 09:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

doing a head count and all that, can discuss itineraries when they arrive too!

FatFreddysCat

bigalffc

I'm on innovations leaving the cottage at 19:00
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: bigalffc on May 04, 2010, 10:05:59 PM
I'd rather swim to Germany  :015: .

Tktd

Is it at 7? When I booked it , the itinerary said they were aiming to leave craven cottage for 8:30!?... So assuming that, get there for 8pm.

I then got the confirmation email from TMG (that's the official one from the club) and it has no timing on it...!?

Have you heard differently since?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Tktd on May 04, 2010, 10:41:06 PM

Is it at 7? When I booked it , the itinerary said they were aiming to leave craven cottage for 8:30!?... So assuming that, get there for 8pm.

I then got the confirmation email from TMG (that's the official one from the club) and it has no timing on it...!?

Have you heard differently since?
I'd rather swim to Germany  :028: .

ScalleysDad

I am certain the Coach Innovation chaps leave at 7pm, book in circa 6.30, and the rest leave later, 8.30 rings a bell so arriving circa 8 would be right. Check it all out as I have been known to get it wrong. I managed to get a seat on Coach 5 with the CI people this morning and it sounded like seats were at a premium.
Good luck swimming FFC. I'll be leaving somebody else to deal with the roads to Dover, catch a nap, watch the world go by, catch a nap, arrive at Hamburg with exclusive access to O Reillys for an hour prior to the riff raff being allowed in, have drinkies, catch a nap,go to the zoo, munchies, drinkies, nap, go to game, get driven back and arrive back in Putney circa 10.30 in time for brekkie and a nap prior to the train home................... bliss

of course I have deliberatly left out the cramp, the knee seizure, the smell caused by everybody else, dying for a pee ten minutes after leaving the services and the inabilty to sleep sitting up.....

Tktd

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 04, 2010, 10:53:47 PM
I am certain the Coach Innovation chaps leave at 7pm, book in circa 6.30, and the rest leave later, 8.30 rings a bell so arriving circa 8 would be right. Check it all out as I have been known to get it wrong. I managed to get a seat on Coach 5 with the CI people this morning and it sounded like seats were at a premium.
Good luck swimming FFC. I'll be leaving somebody else to deal with the roads to Dover, catch a nap, watch the world go by, catch a nap, arrive at Hamburg with exclusive access to O Reillys for an hour prior to the riff raff being allowed in, have drinkies, catch a nap,go to the zoo, munchies, drinkies, nap, go to game, get driven back and arrive back in Putney circa 10.30 in time for brekkie and a nap prior to the train home................... bliss

When did you book the coach? I wonder why you've got a different company and different time!?... It says the official ones which I booked through Fulham that they leave at 8:30 and have always said that.... Did you not book through the club?

For me the coach journey i'm going to sleep really late, wake up really early the day before / day of and then sleep like a log on the coach journey with the aid of a pillow! or two.

ScalleysDad

Tktd. I was actually looking at flight options out of Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter and the outfit I'm now going with, Coach Innovations, kept showing up. Probably destination Hamburg and the date led to that. I went on their website and the had two coaches going, one with sleeper or reclining seats and standard. The former was sold out and with flights being stupid prices and other options too silly to contemplate I went for the £99 deal. Itinerary looks doable, they leave at a sensible time and almost as importantly they are scheduled to be back circa 10am so that I can get a sensible train home to Exeter. I can only assume somebody has taken extra time and pens into account and when we win it in normal time we'll be back earlier or have a longer stop over. If they are late back it will have to be The Bricklayers and a tour through Timothy Taylor country whilst I mull over plan B.

"Sleeping like a log" = tad optimistic

KCat

This reminds me of the joke :

Dad  Dad ....I don't want to go to France
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Shut up son ..........and keep swimming

bigalffc

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 04, 2010, 10:53:47 PM

of course I have deliberatly left out the cramp, the knee seizure, the smell caused by everybody else, dying for a pee ten minutes after leaving the services and the inabilty to sleep sitting up.....
Hi Scalleys Dad, I'm on coach 5 with innovations - I'll try not to smell too much!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

bigalffc

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 04, 2010, 10:13:49 PM
Quote from: bigalffc on May 04, 2010, 10:05:59 PM
I'd rather swim to Germany  :015: .
[/quoteI'll keep an eye out for you as i sit on the ferry]

finnster01

I am on Luftwaffe from New York. Unless that Iceland volcano decides to be uncooperative I should get there in time. I trust the Germans to stick to schedules. Jet lagged and all, but I am sure a mass at the local pub will get me going again.

As Baldrick would say, "I have a cunning plan"
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BestOfBrede

Me & me Bruv are on the official TMG coach which I also believe leaves at 8:30.
Got this from them: We will be sending out itineraries by email towards the end of the week which will give more information and will act as your coach tickets.

Can anyone who went to semi on the coach, tell me please...
Were you able to change clothes and leave your bag on the coach for the game?

Dugliss

I`m on the TMG coaches too. Someone on the offal who did the trip for the semi said it was a bit of a shambles and they got back to the cottage early afternoon rather than the morning. He also said that he`d booked a flight for the final which tells me everything I need to know I think. " I got a bad feeling about this"

BestOfBrede

Did he say about changing?
Do you know if we have planty time to watch us pick up the cup?

Dugliss

He didn`t but I`m sure most of us will choose to look out of the window if you want to get changed  :dft012:

The Equalizer

I'm on the unofficial FFC clapped out minibus from Elephant and Castle to Hamburg via Ghent (in Belgium, not Wales).

9 of us brave Black and White warriors will be heading the incursion at 6.30am on tuesday aiming to start destroying the doors to Hamburg at 7.30pm-ish. We've even got a line-up of battle cries to sing along to during the journey.

Including:

Preferred:
•   Anything by AC/DC
•   Anything by Blur
•   Anything by Led Zeppelin
•   Anything by Pink Floyd
•   Anything by The Police

Fromage:
•   The Human League (Don't you want me/MirrorMan/Together in Electric Dreams)
•   Duran Duran – RIO/The Reflex/Hungry Like The Wolf
•   A-Ha – Take On Me
•   Blondie – Heart of Glass
•   Right Said Fred – I'm too Sexy
•   Erm.. any other 80s music.

Let the battle commence!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

chez

I was on the coach trip for the semi, no assigned places just lined up and got on what coach you wanted.

I found there was plenty of leg room but I am a shortarse, "bigger" friends said it was a little uncomfortable, but seats do recline not fully (mind the person behind though) and also there was a handle so seats could move apart a little.

Toilet on board, very small though but didn't smell.

There was a tv on board but ours didn't show anything, don't think anyone too be honest asked for it to go on.

We were unfortunate to miss the euro tunnel by 4 minutes on the way there, so had a nice wait in a deserted terminal apart from the bar with one barman and about 100 thirsty supporters  :dft012: we were due to arrive back at the cottage at 9.30am, eventually pulled up at about 1pm.
Word of advice take a travel pillow or pillow and you were allowed food/soft drinks but of course no alcohol. We were dropped off at the stadium on arrival and had to make our own way to repeerbahn , we got the train which is about 1500 metre walk and took 4-5 stops. By the way your match tickets at the semi entitled you to use the trains for free, might be worth seeing if thats the case for the final  :045:
You can leave your bags on the coach. Hope that bit of info helps