watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

As the season draws to a close...

Started by Tomo, May 06, 2010, 11:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomo

Who do you think we'll bring in during the summer transfer window? I think if we win the Europa League that will make players more attracted to 'little ol' fulham' rather than teams like everton etc as we have the pedigree to win European titles (feels good saying that) I'd like to see some of these faces in and out:

In:
Jamie O'Hara
Stefano Okaka
Stephen Ireland
More realistically
Michael Johnson
Nicky Shorey
Steve Sidwell
------------------
Out:
Erik Nevland (obviously)
Fredric Stoor
Toni Kallio
David Elm
Eddie Johnson
Pascal Zuberbuhler (Spelling)
Andranik (Cheers AFC)

Who would you realistically like to see down the cottage week in week out?

Tomo
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

AlFayedsChequebook

I think we could make a run at Mark Noble as a direct replacement for Murphy. Ireland or Bellamy would be class but I think way out of our league.

I agree with all those leaving though, although you missed out Andranik

Tomo

It's not like they're out of our league because technically we are in the Premier League : )

It's just the wages & the transfer fee's which are the issue.. Bellamy played for West Ham and i'm pretty sure we are a better team than them which we showed last sunday.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

finnster01

We have needs all over the place, if we want to be really honest.

What we want and what we will get is two very different things.

For example, we need a striker. I'd like us to get Torres... Will obviously never happen in a million years. Carew would be nice but I don't think MAF will agree on that one. So we are left with a couple of Scots and Irish to pick from or some unknown talent from Scandinavia.

I think it will be another summer of no big names. I am not saying that is bad (Hangeland was a no-name once) but on that out list there are quite a few Roy signings that didn't play out very well either.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimpav

I think Tuncay could be worth a punt. He's not done much this season but he plays well for Turkey and I think Roy could bring out the best in him.

I don't think we can rule out Ireland because he has not played much this season and was pretty average until last season. If he came to us he would be in witha shout of European football.

We are a better team than West Ham, but you have to remember that they were paying him a huge wage - see CH's post for an example of their crazy wages.

Scharner looks like he is coming our way now that he is a free agent. I know he divides opinion on the board but he does score goals and I think Roy could put a bit of polish on him.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Jimpav on May 06, 2010, 11:39:57 AM
I think Tuncay could be worth a punt. He's not done much this season but he plays well for Turkey and I think Roy could bring out the best in him.

I don't think we can rule out Ireland because he has not played much this season and was pretty average until last season. If he came to us he would be in witha shout of European football.

We are a better team than West Ham, but you have to remember that they were paying him a huge wage - see CH's post for an example of their crazy wages.

Scharner looks like he is coming our way now that he is a free agent. I know he divides opinion on the board but he does score goals and I think Roy could put a bit of polish on him.

Agree about Tuncay, he could play secondary striker to Bobby.

sylvain

Always liked Tuncay and was a bit miffed we didn't show more interest when boro went down. Runs his heart out and got an eye for goal - Gera-esque if you will (Gera, Gera Gera). Can't believe he's not regularly starting for Stoke over Fuller and Sidibe so perhaps there's a sub text there about his attitude.

You never know with Steven Ireland - Man City will probably invest again on midfielders and Adam Johnson is looking the part. We have a few irishmen who I am sure would be willing to do a bit of buttering up on Woys behalf whilst on international duty. He'd be fantastic for us though - an honest player who has been caught at the wrong place at the wrong faux-glamour time. 

Pata

Tuncay is a very underrated player IMHO. Back in Turkey he was more of a (very) attacking midfielder than a 2nd striker and was Fenerbahce's key player - a proper skillful and hard-working midfield dynamo - for several seasons. I don't really think Stoke's concept of... errr... "football" can possibly suit and i think he'll benefit from moving to a club that doesn't just hoof the ball in the general direction of that big lad up front.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

simplyfulham

I think we'll be looking at the lower end of the market still to be honest.

I imagine the likes of Paul Sharner and Steven Reid on free's are quite possible. It also looks likely we'll retain Okaka for another year at least and make a move on Shorey.

Altintop will be on a free. Maybe we'll raid some of the relegated clubs?

I've read Spurs are quite open to offloading Robbie Keane. Other then that I'd simply be guessing or wishing.

FC Silver Fox

On the Fulhamish worrying side of things, if Dempsey has a good World Cup, he could be poached away from us. His game has come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years and he's become a very accomplished player.

P.S Robbie Keane wants too much money.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

LRCN

Quote from: Pata on May 06, 2010, 12:21:14 PM
Tuncay is a very underrated player IMHO. Back in Turkey he was more of a (very) attacking midfielder than a 2nd striker and was Fenerbahce's key player - a proper skillful and hard-working midfield dynamo - for several seasons. I don't really think Stoke's concept of... errr... "football" can possibly suit and i think he'll benefit from moving to a club that doesn't just hoof the ball in the general direction of that big lad up front.

I'd agree with that, but with the form gera's in I dunno if it'll be worth spending the 5+ million even if he does have 4 years on him.