News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A call for help to Silver Fox regarding driving abroad.

Started by FatFreddysCat, May 06, 2010, 05:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Just remembered in France i think you have to have a breakdowm triangle and yellow hi vis vests in your motor and as you can imagine the froggy old Bill love to fine the roast beefs over this, any other info needed MR Fox?

SuffolkWhite

Pm VHLC, Fred as he is driving also, and has driven France before.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 06, 2010, 06:14:29 PM
Pm VHLC, Fred as he is driving also, and has driven France before.
Will do SW. Just off down the Gym (dont snigger) and to collect some money. Better if Vic put it on here for others like Airfix to read though.

finnster01

Mr Freddy,
Somehow I think that Fulhammobile will manage to take a wrong turn at the end of the chunnel, end up in Amsterdam, cookies and smokes in front of a television, and a bit of this and that in the red light district.

I wish I was on it though  :045:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Been to Amsterdam 5 or 6 time Finnster, but i haven't had a puff since Rufus made his debut at Grimsby  many moons ago. No were going to blast straight through the early hours and get on the beer as soon as we get to Hamburg.

finnster01

All right Mr Nikki Lauda, make sure you all get there in one piece and back and maybe I can grab a beer with you lot at some point. I get in late, Icelandic volcanos please show me some mercy... :58:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on May 06, 2010, 08:59:27 PM
All right Mr Nikki Lauda, make sure you all get there in one piece and back and maybe I can grab a beer with you lot at some point. I get in late, Icelandic volcanos please show me some mercy... :58:
You have my mobile Number, and i shall probably be living in the Thomas Reed. You get there and i'll buy the beer. They'll be 7 Northolt whites in total .

FC Silver Fox

You're right, Fredster.  The hi-glo vest has to be in the car itself but the triangle can be in the boot.  Have a shout and a beer for me, mate.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

VicHalomsLovechild

You won't be on French roads for long and the cops there ain't that bad. You need dayglo vests (take as many as you can as there is some debate about is it one per vehicle or one per person). You'll need first aid kit, triangle, spare bulbs and the things that stick on the headlights.
I got pulled over there once and the cop breathalysed my mate who was sitting in the passenger seat. Never quite sure why he did this as the steering wheel in front of me was a bit of a giveaway.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on May 07, 2010, 07:41:05 AM
You won't be on French roads for long and the cops there ain't that bad. You need dayglo vests (take as many as you can as there is some debate about is it one per vehicle or one per person). You'll need first aid kit, triangle, spare bulbs and the things that stick on the headlights.
I got pulled over there once and the cop breathalysed my mate who was sitting in the passenger seat. Never quite sure why he did this as the steering wheel in front of me was a bit of a giveaway.
Is that the yellow lights???? Silver Fox said in a past thread it's no longer needed.

VicHalomsLovechild

no the little things that deflect the beams the right way. You also need all the docs. Insurance, drivers licence and MOT cert. They love paperwork.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on May 07, 2010, 07:53:06 AM
no the little things that deflect the beams the right way. You also need all the docs. Insurance, drivers licence and MOT cert. They love paperwork.
where do you get these and are they expensive? Are they just for France or the rest of Europe.

VicHalomsLovechild

About a tenner from the tunnel shop or on the boat, halfords AA shop etc. Don't speed between toll gates as you'll pay a higher ticket price and they might grass u up to the cops sitting just the other side of the barrier. Most of the roads you'll be on in France and Belgium are two lane. All the German stuff is three and no speed limits so don't hang around in the fast lane or you'll end up with a big merc right up your jacksey.

FatFreddysCat

according to my via Michellen route we wont hit any tolls, or is that wrong?

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 06, 2010, 10:41:16 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on May 06, 2010, 08:59:27 PM
You have my mobile Number, and i shall probably be living in the Thomas Reed. You get there and i'll buy the beer. They'll be 7 Northolt whites in total .
You are not going to miss me mate if I make it to Thomas Reid. I will be wearing my German mate's Lederhosen from Munich that I have borrowed and my Fulham retro 1950 (Haynes) top...Unless it is bloody cold.

FC Silver Fox

Presumably, you're going from Calais, up past Dunkirk and then into Belgium. If so, you'll only spend about 20-30 mins on a French motorway. I wouldn't bother too much about the black, sticky tape stuff. At worst, carry a roll of masking tape with you and slap a bit on if you get pulled over. Yellow lights are no longer used in France and just one of those vest thingies is enough.
If you turn the wrong way coming out of the tunnel, I know a good restaurant in Le Touquet.
One other thing, if you have time, stop in Bruges or Ghent on the way past. They are very cute cities. Bruges is called the Venice of the North.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

epsomraver

Fred, My twin brother lives in France and has said the French Police  are hot more  on GB reg cars especially on D and D, he drives all over France and since having a French reg car  he rarely gets pulled apart from speeding.  just remember mate that it can take 24 hours plus for alcohol to leave the system, wouldn't want you to come home celebrating and lose your licence as I know you rely on it for your living as most of us do.