Main Menu

Roy Hodgson Stalking

Started by White Noise, May 10, 2010, 07:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

FAMOUS FACE ... Roy Hodgson

Fulham have blown my cover

Published: Today

ROY HODGSON has revealed that Fulham's European adventure has one down side — he can no longer leave the house without being recognised.
The much-travelled 62-year-old has experienced celebrity status overseas for a long time having managed a number of clubs and national sides.

And it was London that used to be his retreat when he wanted time out of the limelight from the likes of managing Inter Milan and the Swiss national side.

That has now changed, with Hodgson's Fulham side set to take on Atletico Madrid in Hamburg on Wedneday's for the Europa League title.

But Hodgson, who has been blown away by the number of well wishers, is certainly not complaining.

He said: "Over the years I've become known some celebrity in various countries.

"There have been places where it wasn't easy to walk the streets without feeling you are the latest exhibit in London Zoo.

"England for many years was the opposite — somewhere I could come and walk around London in complete anonymity.

"But that's been blown out of the water by our accomplishments here.

"I've got to say everyone who stops me, it is really quite touching the respect they show the club and joy they take of a small club reaching a European final.

"I know there will be lots of people watching us on TV and in the stadium supporting us. But that doesn't win you the match.

"That's what we do on that patch of green and we will have to work very hard to get ourselves as prepared as possible."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2967406/Roy-Hodgson-Fulham-have-blown-my-cover.html#ixzz0nYDCbChn