watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now we are united...

Started by Rupert, May 12, 2010, 11:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

Next season we will be stronger because of tonight.
Now the new generation really do understand just what it means to support our wonderful club. We sing out loud and proud and take defeat with the same grace that we welcome victory, with our heads held high.
Just reading the responses already posted fills me up with pride. No whinging about poor decisions, no scapegoating of players, no bemoaning the way the rub of the green seemed to favour our opponents.

Hopefully tonight will leave Roy with a sense of unfinished business. Hopefully he will want to win something for us.
Chairman Mo will want him to.
Hopefully the sting of disappointment will remain with the players. They will be hungrier next season. More together.
Hopefully Roy will reason, with no European distractions, as the squad has proved it can handle extra games, we can really go for both cups.
Without so many fewer games a higher finish is possible.

The future starts here...
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

LBNo11

...well said Rupert, what doesn't kill us will make us grow stronger, I hope that Mr Fayed will honour this great manager and give him the resources to buy the tools to continue the job...

To you all, wherever you may be - WE are Fulham...

:beer: :clap_hands: :sir_roy:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FFCOutpostCommander

Great comments Rupert, we are the class of England! We have been humble in victory and now we have shown great character in defeat. Fulham is a club to be emulated all over the world. We gave it our best and fell just short but it was a match to remember and I will count the days until I see the Whites take the field once again. I only hope that I will be there at the Cottage next year for the first home match to cheer them on and show my appreciation for the best manager and team any fan could hope to support!
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Steve_orino

...if I may beg to differ Mr. Rupert, now we are "still the Whites"  :dft012:

Well said.  The part about the "new generation", I'd like to consider myself in that and I couldn't agree with you more.  The graciousness in victory (watch that video that LB and others have downloaded) and in defeat (read some of the posts from after the game) is a tribute to the Supporters of this Club.

On a side-note, the Missus told me that while we were at the bar, she overheard a Blue-poo fan tell another guy watching the game that, "he should come over and follow the blue-poo," and "that we have a FB page."  The Missus told me that the guy looked at the Blue-poo fan and told him, "Nah, I think I'll stick with Fulham."
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Jimbobob

:dft003: :dft003:
Well said. Very well said. But this is also where the worm may turn.
I hope Roy stays and we build his "platform" to a better degree. The number of matches this club played is mind numbing! We will NEVER get the credit for what we did because we are a "small" club.
We need good signings and luck as always .....
but the future will depend on what our leadership thinks is success.
I hope it is to keep moving forward but time will tell. I hope AF will invest in the future to keep us in the league for the long term. Time will tell. But for tonight......... :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Drink to what this great bunch of men and their manager have delivered. AMAZING!!!!!!! :clap_hands:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Tom

Quote from: Rupert on May 12, 2010, 11:09:33 PM
Next season we will be stronger because of tonight.
Now the new generation really do understand just what it means to support our wonderful club. We sing out loud and proud and take defeat with the same grace that we welcome victory, with our heads held high.
Just reading the responses already posted fills me up with pride. No whinging about poor decisions, no scapegoating of players, no bemoaning the way the rub of the green seemed to favour our opponents.

Hopefully tonight will leave Roy with a sense of unfinished business. Hopefully he will want to win something for us.
Chairman Mo will want him to.
Hopefully the sting of disappointment will remain with the players. They will be hungrier next season. More together.
Hopefully Roy will reason, with no European distractions, as the squad has proved it can handle extra games, we can really go for both cups.
Without so many fewer games a higher finish is possible.

The future starts here...
+1 and totally agree with you Ruppert! Well said mate!!!  :54:
Fulham for life!