watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Last Night at the Cottage

Started by Peabody, May 13, 2010, 10:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

There were, I, understand,close on 500 of us and I have to say the atmosphere was brilliant, even during those last 3 minutes, it was a great experience. Of course, like everyone else, I am gutted but I do believe that last night was a game to far. A few weeks ago, Bobby would have had their defenders for breakfast and would definately have scored. Yes we lost but overall, we won, because this whole campaign has been magnificent. Just think back two weeks to the Hamburg game, a few weeks further back to Wolfsburg and Juventus and a bit further back to Shaktar, we have been magnificent this season and losing last night was, well, just Fulhamish plus we were a very tired team. OK we are  not in it next season, but we will be back. So cpme on be loud and be proud because we were magnificent.

Lighthouse

I must admit I don't feel at all fed up this morning while the rest of the Fulham fans feel depressed. Welcome to my World and for Gods sake snap out of it. After all that is all the sympathy you give me. :011: But I just feel pride that we have done what we have. Proud of the team and fans and our club. The following says it all.

Fulham and Hodgson may have left the Nordbank Arena empty-handed and without a trophy to show for their efforts this season, but rarely has a season without silverware been such an outstanding success.

I would have felt worse if we had lost on penalties. We looked so tired near the end I doubt our lads could have run up to the spot to kick the ball. So worry for next season, will we have a reaction to the last great few years. There is so much to be worried about. But last night, as I said before, is a time to celebrate. Runners up in the Europa. We came close to winning it. But when the dust settles feel pride in the achievment.

Sometimes being  :clap_hands:  before the game, makes you  :035: after the game. Better to be  :010: before so feel less  :012: and more  :54:

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ron Sheepskin

I have to agree with both of you - McBride's was rocking last night, and despite F**lan's goal at the end we've had an unbelievable season, and I can't wait to see what the next one brings.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

jarv

As soon as I woke up first thought was...damn we lost!!!  However, what a great season! Then on to the rumours, some decent names linked with Fulham to come in cheered me up. I think we will have a very solid looking squad for next season when the transfer business is done and dusted. We all know what is needed, cover for centre back (Scharner will do nicely), cover for captain Dan  (Scharner, Adam from Blackpool) and another goal scorer to help BZ!!

FFCSteve

A very strange feeling! My initial emotion straight after the match was of huge disappointment. But on the train home from the cottage (McBride lounge. Yep, great atmosphere!) I felt extreme pride & happiness at our amazing season.

Roll on next season! I can't wait!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Serotonin

A top 7 finish, Europa League Final, next season, Fulham for the FA Cup.. COYW!!!