watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is the problem?

Started by Baggins, December 28, 2013, 05:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baggins

what do you think is wrong with the team and the club? personally I feel it is our transfer policy for pensioners, but what do you guys think?

:dead horse: 090.gif
COYW!

hesedmedia

Needed a deep-lying playmaker for two years plus, during which time Huddlestone was available.

Baggins

Quote from: hesedmedia on December 28, 2013, 05:06:06 PM
Needed a deep-lying playmaker for two years plus, during which time Huddlestone was available.

yes i agree
COYW!

Bassey the warrior

Think you've hit the nail on the head. Having said that Rene got the line up and tactics wrong today.

EJL

Let's see:

- Shambolic defending and a -22 goal difference, the worst in the division. This comes down to the decline in Sascha Reither's form, our most consistent player last season, lack of an effective central-defensive partnership and no solid left-backs.
- A squad almost entirely made up of 30-something journeymen or 30-something heroes of the Europa League run who are simply over the hill, a byproduct of our penny-pinching transfer policy
- Our best player wants to leave and our other strikers can't score
- A tendency to revert back to a system that has no width
- Players like Kasami being played on the wing when it clearly doesn't suit them
- And there are certain individuals in the squad who couldn't care less

That's just the start of it.

K33NY

We need as hesed mentioned a deep-lying playmaker, but we allso need more pace overall, Kara a hardworking player and I like him, but he simply cant compete with other players when it comes to speed. Deffinetly need a new striker, who can freekn put the ball in the net!

Then the question about Kaca, I like him, but can he develop more now? Im not sure he can, and we ABSOLUTELY need a new deffender, amorebiateita is useless, Hughes, not consistent enough in my eyes, though I like him as well, but even if I like players, we need quality and consistensy, we dont have thsat right now, and a new RB, zvetoric is poo in my eyes, Riether is good, but when hes out we have no solid replacement....

K33NY

What I would have done:
¨
Deffence:
Zvetoric (out)
Richardson (out)
Amorbiatiteitatum (out)
get some solid players inn for them

Midfield:

Duff (out)
Kara (out) sorry I like him and hes hard worker, but he just cant compete with opposing players in speed.....
Boateng (out)

Get some younger and solid players in there as well!

Offence:

Ruiz (out, MUST leave, he is poo, a waste of money)
Bent (out)
Then Berbatov.... should he stay, should he leave..... I dont like him personally, but after RM got in, he changed and I think we need him cus he is creativem and a damn good first toucher and good with the ball.

But we need a new striker who can score some goals for us.

EJL

Quote from: K33NY on December 28, 2013, 05:31:37 PM
What I would have done:
¨
Deffence:
Zvetoric (out)
Richardson (out)
Amorbiatiteitatum (out)

Midfield:

Duff (out)
Kara (out) sorry I like him and hes hard worker, but he just cant compete with opposing players in speed.....
Boateng (out)

Offence:

Bent (out)
Then Berbatov.... should he stay, should he leave..... I dont like him personally, but after RM got in, he changed and I think we need him cus he is creativem and a damn good first toucher and good with the ball.

Bit naive to think we can get rid of that many players and bring in higher quality replacements. It's just not viable, especially with the January premium most clubs slap on their players.

jmh

Quote from: EJL on December 28, 2013, 05:14:20 PM
Let's see:

- Shambolic defending and a -22 goal difference, the worst in the division. This comes down to the decline in Sascha Reither's form, our most consistent player last season, lack of an effective central-defensive partnership and no solid left-backs.
As Rich has often repeated on CCN, defending is a team effort and not just the job of the back five.  This was a hallmark of the Hodgson teams: everyone on the pitch was committed to defending in an organized manner.  If this doesn't happen, the individual defenders (who are all limited players, as you've noted, not to mention the lack of consistency in the composition of the back five) are exposed.  The lack of organization begets what we saw today: it was like there were ten Sidwells out there, all of them running after the ball and getting there three steps too late.  We badly need better organization.

Deanothefulhamfan

No orginisation.... we can't even battle for draws anymore

Plus what EJL said

Pluto

Not signing Huddlestone, a player of the exact type we've needed for the last 3 seasons, for 5m (plus Livermore on loan for season for no added cost), then paying 3m for 33 year old Parker, who is virtually identical to Sidwell, sums up our moronic and inexplicable transfer policy.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: K33NY on December 28, 2013, 05:31:37 PM
What I would have done:
¨
Deffence:
Zvetoric (out)
Richardson (out)
Amorbiatiteitatum (out)

Midfield:

Duff (out)
Boateng (out)

Offence:

Bent (out)

I'd keep Berba (if possible), Kara for sure and Zverotic for his versatility. I would actually keep Amorebieta and sell Senderos because I feel he's improving and Senderos as well as he's played he always has that mistake in him, furthermore Amorebieta has shown good passing. Not sure about left back, Richardson and Riise have done okay lately. Duff, Bent, Ruiz and Bent I agree with and the manager clearly doesn't fancy Boateng.
So we need a striker (two if Berba leaves) left midfielder (as well as Dempsey), deep lying playmaker, centre back, holding midfielder and possibly left back. Shahid time to put your money where your mouth is.

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: Pluto on December 28, 2013, 07:11:53 PM
Not signing Huddlestone, a player of the exact type we've needed for the last 3 seasons, for 5m (plus Livermore on loan for season for no added cost), then paying 3m for 33 year old Parker, who is virtually identical to Sidwell, sums up our moronic and inexplicable transfer policy.
+1

Andy S

I think there were a lot of mistakes today and Senderos wasn't even playing

Deanothefulhamfan

We would not have cinceded 6 if he was on the pitch....massive loss for us