News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

would Roy be tempted by a Big Wedge say from Liverpool?

Started by tingtawng, May 13, 2010, 07:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tingtawng

say it was a mega amount ,would he go or stay ? or would MO match it
IN SVEN VE TVUST

Peabody

He (Roy) has already said that he will be staying and I think Roy is a man of his word.

Pata

I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Brede Butter Pudding

I reckon if Liverpool come begging Hodgers would go, I have no doubt about it

Oakeshott

I doubt Roy would touch Liverpool with a bargepole until new ownership was in place. For a start, it looks as though promises re resources were made to the current manager and not kept. Second, new and possibly super-rich owners might well have their own ideas as regards managers - eg if really loaded might prefer someone with a proven record at Champions League level. Roy could well leave a solid position and find himself well compensated but out of a job quickly and looking for yet another club. Why would someone as well off as we assume he is, at his age, want that kind of aggro?

It would be different if a reasonably stable club like Arsenal came knocking, but while Roy has done a superb job for us, he is getting on and he has no record of success at the very highest level. The Man Uns and Arsenals of this world might realistically seek a younger manager who has such a record rather than think of giving Roy a chance.

The sort of club who might well have come in for him and attracted him is Villa, but fortunately their manager is staying. Under different circs. I could imagine West Ham being of interest to him, but with cloddish owners I can't see anything there to attract him. So, fingers crossed, he'll be with us 'til England come calling - if indeed they ever do.