watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham are clearly more than a club - they are a lifestyle choice

Started by WhiteJC, May 14, 2010, 07:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/fulham/7720289/Fulham-are-clearly-more-than-a-club-they-are-a-lifestyle-choice.html
Fulham are clearly more than a club - they are a lifestyle choice
As Fulham's weary army of supporters return home following their team's harsh Europa League final defeat, as Lily Allen dries her eyes and Hugh Grant leaves a healthy tip for the nice man who kept bringing him beer throughout the game, we have to wonder: has there ever been a more polite collective of football followers to leave these shores?

A couple of years back, a friend of mine was horrified by a bunch of Rangers fans he happened to share a plane with on their way to a Champions League tie in Spain. Primeval was how he described their attitude to the cabin crew.

Fulham's supporters, on the hand, overwhelmingly behaved in Hamburg like a finishing school outing. And their numbers are likely to be swelled by many a like mind following their magnificent European adventure.

Including that Rangers-averse friend of mine. He is now living in west London and, although a long term supporter of another club, he tells me he has just bought season tickets for Craven Cottage.

It is, he explains, a delightful place to take his two young sons, the most civilised setting he knows for a bit of father-son bonding.

Like Barcelona, Fulham are clearly more than a club. They are a lifestyle choice.

Tom

Fulham for life!

chez

After that final it made me reflect just how lucky/proud I was to have chosen Fulham as my club, even though we didn't win to be around so many wonderful people who had one ambtion that night to live a dream, so nearly made it and one day WE WILL  :clap_hands: