watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I Wouldn't Mind All Six Of These Players

Started by White Noise, May 14, 2010, 10:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278216/Fulham-want-Curtis-Davies-Martin-ONeill-looks-offload-Aston-Villa-players.html?ITO=1490

Fulham eye Curtis Davies as Martin O'Neill looks to offload six Aston Villa players

Fulham are interested in Aston Villa central defender Curtis Davies who is one of six players earmarked to leave the club this summer. Davies, 25, joined Villa from West Bromwich Albion in 2008 for £8m.

But he has suffered with injuries and Villa will take around £5m to get him off the pay roll.

Fulham are also keen on Nicky Shorey and Steve Sidwell while Villa's Luke Young, Habib Beye and Nigel Reo-Coker are also likely to be sold.

WhiteJC

do you think Shorey will sign? he didn't get much of a look-in once Konch regained fitness, I'd sign him in a heartbeat

AlFayedsChequebook

Not sure shorey will want to come unfortunately, if he does, we look stronger on the left as we have the option of a Konchesky/Shorey double act.

White Noise

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 14, 2010, 10:55:58 AM
do you think Shorey will sign? he didn't get much of a look-in once Konch regained fitness, I'd sign him in a heartbeat

Its been really strange how much he has been overlooked at the back end of the season. I can't work out why he wasn't given more playing time when Konch clearly would have benefited from a rest. Shorey never looked like he was carrying an injury or anything. It was like Roy knew that playing Shorey was messing with Konch's mind. All this speculation about Konch going to Birmingham or elsewhere may have inclined Roy to think that he needed to make it clear that Konch was No.1. It would be a shame if we let Shorey go because he seemed to like it here and is about as a good a back-up full back as you are likely to find.

I wonder if our transfer ambitions for this summer will be pegged back a bit now we don't have the European games to include and the money that flows from them?

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: White Noise on May 14, 2010, 11:06:10 AM

Its been really strange how much he has been overlooked at the back end of the season. I can't work out why he wasn't given more playing time when Konch clearly would have benefited from a rest. Shorey never looked like he was carrying an injury or anything. It was like Roy knew that playing Shorey was messing with Konch's mind. All this speculation about Konch going to Birmingham or elsewhere may have inclined Roy to think that he needed to make it clear that Konch was No.1. It would be a shame if we let Shorey go because he seemed to like it here and is about as a good a back-up full back as you are likely to find.

I wonder if our transfer ambitions for this summer will be pegged back a bit now we don't have the European games to include and the money that flows from them?

tbh, I didn't think that Europe was much of a draw for players last season anyway, so I can't imagine a particularly different summer this time around. I do wonder about Al Fayed though, he has sold Harrods for a tonne of money, TV money is going up next year and I like to think the Europa adventure has reignited his love for FFC. Whatever happens, this summer will be interesting!

Lighthouse

Slightly concerned that we would interested in a centre half and not just a replacement for Smalling. But makes sense. Young and Sidwell for sure. Shorey ok.

As for Reo Coker and Habib Beye - there are a fair few question marks.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ron

....come to that, I wouldn't mind Martin O'Neill himself when the time comes.......

Mr Fulham

The Europa League isn't that important in terms of money etc.
Just look at teams like Villa or Everton. They wouldn't have rested key players if the cup was that important.

I think Mo will hand Roy enough money to build a punchy and balanced squad for the new campaign.

timmyg

All this speculation about Konch going to Birmingham or elsewhere may have inclined Roy to think that he needed to make it clear that Konch was No.1.

I could be wrong, but hasn't Konch been linked away from Fulham like the day after he signed here?
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Tom

I sure hope he signs with us. He is a good player and quality back.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: timmyg on May 14, 2010, 03:03:52 PM
All this speculation about Konch going to Birmingham or elsewhere may have inclined Roy to think that he needed to make it clear that Konch was No.1.

I could be wrong, but hasn't Konch been linked away from Fulham like the day after he signed here?
He has been linked away to other teams but has a year left on his contract with us. I really hope he stays!
Fulham for life!