more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looks like we could be getting a new sponsor and kit manufacturer

Started by Tom, May 20, 2010, 09:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: jarv on May 20, 2010, 10:34:16 PM
Disagree with you Freddie. I own my own business in the sporting goods/apparel industry, selling footie kits. Nike are the pits. They are the worst company to deal with and their products are pure sh!te. I will raise a glass when they go under.

Footnote....manchester city chief exec....new post, must read.
Since you sell footie kits and say Nike is pure sh!te, who would you say to go with and who has the best quality products?
Fulham for life!

jarv

Tom, there is a whole host of companies. Nike and Adidas, you pay more for the name but some adidas stuff is nice. There are some really good products at much cheaper prices. After all, they are all polyester anyway, some more comfortable than others.

I am based in USA, Umbro used to be the best but they have disappeared over here but probably ok still in UK.

Diadora have some nice kit, also some unknown (in UK) domestically made brands which sell well here. Xara, good quality, worn by such greats as Palace, cardiff, St. Johnstone, Dundee in recent years.

If you are looking for something, I can give you more details.

Cheers

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: jarv on May 20, 2010, 11:18:52 PM
Tom, there is a whole host of companies. Nike and Adidas, you pay more for the name but some adidas stuff is nice. There are some really good products at much cheaper prices. After all, they are all polyester anyway, some more comfortable than others.

I am based in USA, Umbro used to be the best but they have disappeared over here but probably ok still in UK.

Diadora have some nice kit, also some unknown (in UK) domestically made brands which sell well here. Xara, good quality, worn by such greats as Palace, cardiff, St. Johnstone, Dundee in recent years.

Cheers
But them makes just aint trendy Jarv. The kids wont be seen dead in Umbro, and especially diadora, the club shop would go bust with them makes. And no i dont want Krapppa  :046:

Tom

Quote from: jarv on May 20, 2010, 11:18:52 PM

Cheers
Thanks jarv. Who would you suggest Fulham go with and why?
Fulham for life!

mofulham

Try to picture Roy in some training gear with the naked silhouettes of an adolescent boy and girl leaning against each other.  I dont think so.  Just say no my distinguished Roy

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 20, 2010, 10:21:39 AM
Quote from: Tom on May 20, 2010, 09:37:09 AM
and it will be a v-neck which is music to my ears.

I've just pictured the whole team marching out on to the pitch looking like Val Doonican.

I have just seen the exercise bikes on the touchline being taken out and Rocking Chairs being taken in.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

Actually what I want is the old 50'ies style with the polo shirt design and necks.  :045: :045:Would be very fitting for a class act like Fulham. Nobody else does that anyway, but our marketing geniuses are probably looking to implement the latest V-neck from Umbro or shite like that

Couldn't give a monkey's fart who makes them though, but I rather not see Fulham play in blue ever again.

And if we managed to put London Pride on the front, I will be buying 3.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

Puma is decent but a few years ago Fulham had that awful Puma shirt with one black stripe over the shoulder....dreadful. Errea is quality! Problem in UK is there are loads of manufacturers. One year, 20 premier teams and I counted something like 16 different brands. Suthampton even have their own brand. The shirts that hit the shops are real tat.

Also, Nike and Adidas have teams wearing the same kit but in different colours. (Fulham and Villa for example). At the world cup you will see the same thing, several teams wearing the same kit.  Economy of scale for the punters who buy them. (the cheaper version).

Like Mr. Finn, I don't care as long as we look like traditional Fulham!  Bring back the old crest too.

Burt

Burt

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: jarv on May 21, 2010, 12:19:04 PM
Puma is decent but a few years ago Fulham had that awful Puma shirt with one black stripe over the shoulder....dreadful. Errea is quality! Problem in UK is there are loads of manufacturers. One year, 20 premier teams and I counted something like 16 different brands. Suthampton even have their own brand. The shirts that hit the shops are real tat.

Also, Nike and Adidas have teams wearing the same kit but in different colours. (Fulham and Villa for example). At the world cup you will see the same thing, several teams wearing the same kit.  Economy of scale for the punters who buy them. (the cheaper version).

Like Mr. Finn, I don't care as long as we look like traditional Fulham!  Bring back the old crest too.
I cant recall having a Puma kit (saying that i cant recall much at all) I hope as a sports salesperson you aren't getting confused with the awful Airness kit that Burt mentions, if so please sack yourself  :015: .

ScalleysDad

As has been said if its not nailed now it won't be ready to roll in July. Do you remember the nonsense when the new, improved, breathable, state of the art LG kit was launched. Scalley was the first person to wear it in public, with the team of course, as a mascot for the friendly in Exeter. The Club wanted it back so it could go on the manequin in the shop, pretty tight n'est pas, so we threw it in the wash and it partly disintegrated, the embroidery fell apart and the colour fast test was failed with flying colours. Nervously I trang the office on the monday morning and they laughed it off, the rest of the kit had done the same . They still wanted it posted back though .......... 

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

The 'pipex' kits were puma

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 21, 2010, 08:30:45 PM
Quote from: jarv on May 21, 2010, 12:19:04 PM

I cant recall having a Puma kit (saying that i cant recall much at all) I hope as a sports salesperson you aren't getting confused with the awful Airness kit that Burt mentions, if so please sack yourself  :015: .

FatFreddysCat

So they were Edward, dont i look the dunce now  :doh: . Jarv give yourself a promotion.

FatFreddysCat

Tom

Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Tom on May 23, 2010, 04:10:51 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 23, 2010, 03:14:49 PM
I've now heard the rumour it's Kappa  :dft012: .
I hope your kidding Freddy.
Let's just say it's a very strong rumour  :033: .

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 23, 2010, 04:15:02 PM
Quote from: Tom on May 23, 2010, 04:10:51 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 23, 2010, 03:14:49 PM
I've now heard the rumour it's Kappa  :dft012: .
I hope your kidding Freddy.
Let's just say it's a very strong rumour  :033: .
If this is true, I just threw up in my mouth.  :020:  I pray that it's not true.  :033:
Fulham for life!