West Ham in for Thierry Henry

Started by Mr Fulham, May 22, 2010, 12:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Hammers' mega bid for Thierry

By ANDREW DILLON

Published: Today
Add a comment Add a comment (59)
WEST HAM have made an amazing bid to sign Thierry Henry.

Hammers joint-chairman David Sullivan this week offered the Barcelona ace, 32, a two-year deal, worth more than £7.5million, to land him.

Sullivan is prepared to pay Arsenal legend Henry around £75,000 a week. He said: "We're trying to assemble a more prolific strike force at West Ham and I'd love to have Henry here.

"Our club is in debt but a striker of his quality and standing would make it a great deal. Henry is still up there with the best.

"I've made an offer which would make him the highest-paid player in the club's history.

"And it's a serious offer because Henry could walk into almost any Premier League side."

Avram Grant's imminent appointment as Hammers' new manager will trigger a reshuffle of players, with some big names set to go.

Sullivan said: "We do not anticipate losing more than two first-team players.

"The idea is to sell maybe two and a few fringe players and bring in five new ones. We do not want to decimate the squad but rebuild it."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2982871/Hammers-mega-bid-for-Thierry-Henry.html

________

I hate this arrogant, megalomaniac idiot called David Sullivan :59:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

stinks of desperation does this :doh:
I can't see why any manager would put up the meddling of Waldorf & Stattler myself :53:

The Doctor

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on May 22, 2010, 12:30:03 PM
I can't see why any manager would put up the meddling of Waldorf & Stattler myself :53:

I believe the following image is apt at this juncture

LBNo11

...could Thierry Henry handle playing with the cheats.. :015:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Tom

Quote from: LBNo11 on May 22, 2010, 03:29:41 PM
...could Thierry Henry handle playing with the cheats.. :015:
Of course he could, just ask Ireland.  :doh:
Fulham for life!

flynny

Exactly cheating scum cxxx.Love to see him play in England just to abuse the poo Cxxx. Id get a west ham season ticket home and away to give that cxxx stick.

Oakeshott

"And it's a serious offer because Henry could walk into almost any Premier League side."

I wonder if that is really the case. Those who could afford his wages (the two Manchesters, Arsenal, Chel., Liverpool) probably want younger and potentially better players, and most of the rest couldn't afford him. Maybe Spurs could both afford him and might want him - especially if 'arry saw a way of making a few quid on the deal.

flynny

Arry always makes a few quid only time his eyes are wide open when the brown envelope comes out

jarv

Ask yourself. Would we want him. NOOOOO not another has been making millions and playing a handful of games. Nice work if you can get it.

AmericanJames

Honestly if he was still top class he would not be moving away from barca, i do not wanna say he is rubbish but it is not looking good for him, if the only two bids that are known are red bull new york (one of the jokes of the mls) and wet spam you may want to consider management or at least professional handball
Some people are literally too stupid to insult