watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If You Were Roy Hodgson...

Started by TonyGilroy, May 24, 2010, 08:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Would you take the Inter Milan job if offered?

I'm afraid I would without a second's hesitation.

MGBadrock

I would not take it.  Roys already been to the top and managed Inter and been at successful clubs.
Hes not getting any younger either.  Fulham is a chance for him to leave a real legacy behind and really create something special and I think he realises this, that is why he will stay at Fulham.  The only job I could see him leaving Fulham for would be England and its seems Capello is committed to that job until 2012 so I see Roy staying with us until then at least.

So if it were my decision, I'd stay with Fulham.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

STOP THIS NOW-Your not Roy and the job hasn't been offered to him,all this doing is spreading what if's and maybe's,not facts,lets wait until we here what the facts are :clap_hands: :dft012:

As for believing what you read in the papers,just remember the "'WW2 Bomber found on Moon" headline? :doh:

Lighthouse

A legitimate question for debate on an MB.

Roy has built a legacy at Fulham but has he reached the pinnacle of that success? If he thinks he can push Fulham to greater heights he would be mad to move to a club where anything other than winning the treble would be looked on as failure. However he may feel that at Fulham he can do no more.

If I was Roy I would look at Fulham and look at what is still achievable and stay. Better to continue to build the small pond into a bigger one than risk a pond full to bursting.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The_Great_Escape_2008

This rumour is just the Daily Mirror putting 1 and 2 together and getting 4. The story is absolute bullcrap from the UK's worst newspaper. I don't think they have ever got a rumour right and their desperate journalists just spend their days trawling messageboards and forums to look for gossip that will fill their empty columns.

I think two years ago someone came up with a silly rumour on the official messagebpard and then two days later it ended up in the Daily Mirror. A joke of a newspaper.

HatterDon

I've said before that I thought there were only two jobs that Roy would take IF THE CIRCUMSTANCES WERE RIGHT:

1. England manager
2. Inter Milan manager

Best circumstances for 1: England out of World Cup in first knockout round; Cappello pilloried by press. WORST circumstances for #1: England wins World Cup; Cappello signs on to manage Barcelona or AC Milan.

Best circumstances for 2: Inter Milan have a meltdown due to cronyism or loss of discipline. WORST circumstances for #2: Inter win Champions League, Coppa Italia, SerieA championship in the same season; their manager moves on to Real Madrid.

What just happened in Spain the other day?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 24, 2010, 10:25:43 AM
A legitimate question for debate on an MB.

Roy has built a legacy at Fulham but has he reached the pinnacle of that success? If he thinks he can push Fulham to greater heights he would be mad to move to a club where anything other than winning the treble would be looked on as failure. However he may feel that at Fulham he can do no more.

If I was Roy I would look at Fulham and look at what is still achievable and stay. Better to continue to build the small pond into a bigger one than risk a pond full to bursting.

A legitimate question that's gets asked many different ways every week,are we going to have the same question every week till he leaves?...............can we PLEASE be a bit more positive than trying to push away our manager into every job that comes up?

I mean look at what he has here,an owner that lets him do anything he wants,a team that listen and do as they are told,and a support that worship him and will give him a chance with everything he tries,is he going to get that anywhere else????? it is doubtful and to be honest and at 62 do you think he wants to uproot and move out of London?
You might find that he is exactly where he wants to be :clap_hands: I hope so :59:

Tom

Fulham for life!

Burt

Inter are one of the elite European clubs so its a no-brainer. Of course he would go.

But that is if he is offered the gig... I suspect Inter would go for a "bigger" name (no disrespect Sir Roy  :sir_roy:  :sir_roy:  :sir_roy: ).