watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Zealand All Whites

Started by CorkedHat, May 24, 2010, 12:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Isn't it quite strange that we have a football team going to South Africa called The All Whites? :026:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

GoldCoastWhite

Rumoured to be changing their name to the All Black & Blues after Holman and Cahill had finished with them tonight. Very naughty and could have done them some serious injuries. Not clever boys !

HatterDon

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 24, 2010, 12:13:57 PM
Isn't it quite strange that we have a football team going to South Africa called The All Whites? :026:

I often wondered what reception the New Zealand rugby team would have gotten in the US South for the opposite reason, or in south Boston, MA, for that matter.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Quote from: HatterDon on May 24, 2010, 06:51:16 PM
Quote from: CorkedHat on May 24, 2010, 12:13:57 PM

I often wondered what reception the New Zealand rugby team would have gotten in the US South for the opposite reason, or in south Boston, MA, for that matter.
Or if I wore my All Blacks rugby top here in Harlem NY. In fact, since the weather has gotten milder, I might just try that. If nothing else, it should confuse a few people to no end...Mind you, they probably don't even know what rugby is...Maybe I have to do the Haka as well to get some attention  :dft010: 
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

KiwiFulham

Especially when we start chanting COYW!!! It will really baffle them if we are wearing our black kit :032:

CorkedHat

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on May 24, 2010, 05:30:50 PM
Rumoured to be changing their name to the All Black & Blues after Holman and Cahill had finished with them tonight. Very naughty and could have done them some serious injuries. Not clever boys !

Who was it that went over the top (two footed) and scythed down a Kiwi player and only received a yellow card? What did he have to do to get sent off - stab him?

Crita

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 25, 2010, 01:46:21 AM

Who was it that went over the top (two footed) and scythed fown a Kiwi player and only received a yellow card? What did he have to do to get sent off - stab him?

It was our resident hard man and Blackburn Rovers player Vinnie Grella. It was a horrible tackle; the challenge of a petulant and ill-tempered man when things aren't going his way.

Pim Verbeek said that tackle was probably worth two red cards!

Crita

Also, how good was ex-Fulham player Simon Elliot!

The commentators loved him, and he really did pull the strings in the NZ midfield. He may be 36, but he's still got it.

It's a shame he didn't have more success when he was with us...

If he can play like he did last night during the World Cup, I'd be tipping NZ as dark horses to get through to the knock-out stage.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Crita on May 25, 2010, 03:19:51 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on May 25, 2010, 01:46:21 AM

Who was it that went over the top (two footed) and scythed fown a Kiwi player and only received a yellow card? What did he have to do to get sent off - stab him?

It was our resident hard man and Blackburn Rovers player Vinnie Grella. It was a horrible tackle; the challenge of a petulant and ill-tempered man when things aren't going his way.

Pim Verbeek said that tackle was probably worth two red cards!

That was him Crita. I've seen the tackle a few times now and you have to wonder what was going on in Grella's head. It was magnaminous of Verbeek to saywhat he said about the tackle. If it had been Ferguson or Wenger they would have said that they never saw it. If it had been Aussie Rules he would have got a pat on the back!

michaelread

to be perfectly honest, i hope other sides study the tape of that game, and get worried about facing Grella and are hesitant around him.

This is the world cup, anything to win.

Besides handling the ball.

Anything else, to win.

CorkedHat

Quote from: michaelread on May 25, 2010, 12:18:29 PM
to be perfectly honest, i hope other sides study the tape of that game, and get worried about facing Grella and are hesitant around him.

Anything else, to win.

The only thing you have to worry about is how long Grella will last before he's sent off. The bloke is a liability and he will be a marked man by both the opposition and the referees. If I were a German (or any other player in the Group) I would be no more frightened of him than I would be of Father Christmas.

michaelread

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 25, 2010, 12:34:06 PM

Anything else, to win.

The only thing you have to worry about is how long Grella will last before he's sent off. The bloke is a liability and he will be a marked man by both the opposition and the referees. If I were a German (or any other player in the Group) I would be no more frightened of him than I would be of Father Christmas.

Klaus is a feared man in Bavaria..

CorkedHat

Quote from: michaelread on May 25, 2010, 02:31:53 PM
Quote from: CorkedHat on May 25, 2010, 12:34:06 PM

Anything else, to win.

Klaus is a feared man in Bavaria..

That was Klaus Barbi!