News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Its booked! I'll be in Europe from the 3rd of Jan 2011, until the 7th of Feb!

Started by michaelread, May 24, 2010, 03:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelread

Ok, we booked the flights today, paid the money and now I am poor.

Flying into Heathrow on the 3rd of Jan, looking to be in the UK and Ireland for about 2 weeks, then its Paris to Belgium to Amsterdam to Hamburg then travelling by RV down through Germany, will stop off in Prague, then down to Munich, a short night or 2 in Salzburg, then down to Milan before heading to Rome to fly home at the end of it all!!

should be excellent and I will be looking forward to meeting all the FoFers before a home and away, as I will probably be there to catch both

(although I will have to attend a dull city game, a friend of mine is an avid fan.......maybe not..haha)

Cant wait!

Any reccomendations of places to go or things to do for about 6 20 year old guys?

I will be travelling with my best mate, whos sister I happen to be dating, so nothing too risque to temp a weary travelling soul...

Lighthouse

A good place to go would be my garden. It will still need an awful lot of work and a new government scheme ' Do things for free' would be ideal. But be quiet when your working because I don't like noise.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

Prague, Munich and Salzburg are great cities to go too. I visited all 3 about a year and a half ago.
Fulham for life!

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

michaelread

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 24, 2010, 04:12:00 PM
I've heard that Craven Cottage is quite the sight...  :54:

really, i was thinking of giving it a miss but I might give it a go if you recommend it.....haha

Pata

You might want to wrap up warm for Central Europe - likely to face a proper winter (mind you, that might happen when you're in the British Isles as well) - and prepare yourself for loads of Gluhwein. Unfortunately, you are going a tad late for all the Christmas markets. Also, see if you can crowbar Krakow into that intinerary somehow - lovely place. Maybe, could try Vienna too. If you're in Bavaria, Neuschwanstein must look tremendous in the winter.

I prefer Central Europe in the summer - properly hot, plenty of outside venues and more condusive to consuming large quantities of beer.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

flirpit

Hofbrauhaus in Munich is pretty good, traditional german beerhall - and it's where Hitler launched his 1923 'bierhall putsch' so can legitimitely be called historical research  :dft012:

In Brussels there's a bar called delirium which is definitely worth a visit, over 2400 different types of beer and it's just over the road from an absinth bar with 200 different types!

On ur trip through Germany it's worth tryin 2 fit in a bundesliga game - get a standing ticket for under 15quid beers at the game etc. Also Berlin is definitely worth a visit!
@garthurabbott

Pata

Quote from: flirpit on May 24, 2010, 09:50:46 PM
Hofbrauhaus in Munich is pretty good, traditional german beerhall - and it's where Hitler launched his 1923 'bierhall putsch' so can legitimitely be called historical research  :dft012:

In Brussels there's a bar called delirium which is definitely worth a visit, over 2400 different types of beer and it's just over the road from an absinth bar with 200 different types!

On ur trip through Germany it's worth tryin 2 fit in a bundesliga game - get a standing ticket for under 15quid beers at the game etc. Also Berlin is definitely worth a visit!

Lowenbraukeller has the better food IMHO. Also try the Augustinerkeller in town. (not sure how much time you'll have)

You might be lucky with the football as you could be in Germany just after the winter break. In Prague, you might want to try to catch an ice hockey match at that time of year.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

michaelread

Quote from: Pata on May 24, 2010, 04:53:08 PM
You might want to wrap up warm for Central Europe - likely to face a proper winter (mind you, that might happen when you're in the British Isles as well) - and prepare yourself for loads of Gluhwein. Unfortunately, you are going a tad late for all the Christmas markets. Also, see if you can crowbar Krakow into that intinerary somehow - lovely place. Maybe, could try Vienna too. If you're in Bavaria, Neuschwanstein must look tremendous in the winter.

I prefer Central Europe in the summer - properly hot, plenty of outside venues and more condusive to consuming large quantities of beer.

Yes, I went to euro in 2007 at this time, playing Rugby in Scotland with a minus 20 wind chill was not great....but we are all uni students and, this is the only time of the year that we can a) afford it and b) take enough time off and c) make sure we catch enough sport, we are all sports fanatics and want to see as much of it as we can