watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wayne Brown sold

Started by bobby01, May 25, 2010, 05:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

to Bristol Rovers on a 2 year deal, strange one this?
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Lighthouse

From the BBC

Bristol Rovers have agreed to sign Fulham midfielder Wayne Brown on a free transfer, subject to a medical.

Brown, whose Fulham deal expires next month, arrived at the Memorial Stadium on loan in February and made his debut in the 5-0 defeat at Leyton Orient.

The 21-year-old made three starts and one substitute appearance.

"We have agreed terms on a two-year contract with Wayne, which we are very pleased about," Rovers manager Paul Trollope said.

"Wayne made a good impact in his brief spell with us but, unfortunately, that was halted by injury.

"However he showed, in his appearances and in his training within the group, that he fitted in with how we did things and what we expect from a player in terms of his quality and his attitude."

He has a real desire to get back to playing at a high level and hopefully he can do that with us

Bristol Rovers manager Paul Trollope
A graduate of the Fulham academy, Brown made his first-team debut against Rovers in an FA Cup third round replay in January 2008.

"He's a young player who we feel we can develop and make good progress with," added Trollope. "He has a real desire to get back to playing at a high level and hopefully he can do that with us."

The Rovers boss also confirmed that talks with Paul Heffernan and Daniel Jones are continuing, following their releases by Doncaster and Wolves respectively.

"Negotiations continue and we would like to tie them both up," he said. "We are hoping for further news on both players by the end of the week."

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

I guess the thought is that by 21 do you want to offer a contract to a good player that maybe not yet a Prem player. Good luck to him if it all goes through.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

I was kind of hoping for a dozen first team matches from him this season, including a handful of league starts.

Best of luck to him with Rovers. They seem to be a very ambitious club now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

timmyg

Well, can't say I saw this coming...
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

LRCN

didn't think he was good enough anyway. but best of luck to him.

White Noise

It looks like a simple case of Trollope wanting the player and Roy thinking it would be wrong to stand in his way. He will do well there and they are a good club. Shame to see him go but I kind of like Fulham's new pragmatism. Keep adding in quality and experience higher up and then strengthen the whole by eliminating the weakest links in the chain. If in any doubt, get rid. Only the best need apply.

Mr Fulham

Great player, shame that Roy doesn't seem to rate the youth.

According to a person from the forum where I am a mod (www.transfermarkt.de/.co.uk), who clames to be a close friend of Christopher Buchtmann, our german lad is also set to depart Fulham after just six months.

Chopper

Quote from: White Noise on May 25, 2010, 10:11:19 PM
It looks like a simple case of Trollope wanting the player and Roy thinking it would be wrong to stand in his way.

I think you're right about this WN.

Really sad to see him go as I thought he was our best chance of seeing a home grown player make the first team. However, if he's unlikely to get many opportunities, it wouldn't do him or the club any good having him just sit on the bench or in the reserves.

We've seen a few graduates come close to reaching the Premier League with their new clubs (Pratley at Swansea and Hudson at Cardiff, I think Dean Leacock even managed a season with Derby) but no one has gone on to prove we were wrong to let them go.

Here's hoping there're young players coming through who can make the leap.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 25, 2010, 10:36:13 PM

According to a person from the forum where I am a mod (www.transfermarkt.de/.co.uk), who clames to be a close friend of Christopher Buchtmann, our german lad is also set to depart Fulham after just six months.

I'll be gutted if that happens, he's supposed to be one of the next big things

finnster01

Why are we even bothering with an academy?
They never get to play for the 1st team, we have spent 10 million + on the academy, and the only return on a young player we've got got was searching the bargain bin and pick up a certain Mr. Smalling for a couple of tracksuits to Maidstone and then selling him for 10 million + to Man Utd.

I think we either call a spade a spade and shut down the whole academy thing or give some of them a chance. Right now we are not doing anyone any good, player or the club
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tom

That's a bummer if true. I was really hoping we would keep him around.
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on May 25, 2010, 10:58:20 PM

I'll be gutted if that happens, he's supposed to be one of the next big things
Same here Brede, when we got him, someone posted a link to a Liverpool Forum  and it had more replies than most of the top threads on any Fulham site about how good he could be. Roy has done a great job, but we could end up like Liverpool of old end up with a team of has beens and not be able to replace them all. Surely a proper team should have a mixture of youth and seasoned pros? I'm enjoying the ride, but i fear for the very near future. Roy could move to Inter and the next poor bastard manager inherits a bunch of OAPS. Get some young uns in Roy for Gawds sake.

FatFreddysCat

Must admit not surprised by Brown, if he was the real deal he'd have been playing for the first team by now, i reckon the two in Finland now will go the same way. Shame i'd really love to see some home grown talent in the first team.

Mr Fulham

I've obtained some information about the Buchtmann-story:

Buchtmann has told that he is due to meet with Jürgen Klopp and Michael Zorc, manager and director of football at Borussia Dortmund, Buchtmann's former club. He is currently in Germany for a after-season-break.

BVB contacted and scouted Buchtmann at some Reserves-matches and manager Jürgen Klopp wants Buchtmann badly. The deal is due to be finished in the next days.

Furthermore, the person met Buchtmann in a disco in Hameln, and Buchtmann confirmed that talks took place between him and Klopp/Zorc.

The 1. FC Cologne is also monitoring the situation.

I'll keep trying!!

Edit: Story confirmed by the mod of our BVB-forum. Buchtmann is on his way back to BVB.
Sad to see another talent leaving.

Edit2: It's done and dusted. It's now between BVB and Cologne.

Steve_orino

Well Mr. Fulham, if that really does come off, that's unfortunate.  Was really hoping the Butchmann potential I've read about would come to fruition in a Fulham shirt.

Good luck ot him if he does in fact leave.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

finnster01

Here is what I don't understand. Adolph the Bushman was only signed recently. And now he is moving on already?

Again why do we bother with youth? They will never be given a chance to play under Roy, so lets just cut the expenses of running an expensive academy that is totally meaningless.

Rupert

I suggest we wait until the story is confirmed and the details emerge before we get too upset. With Brown I am disappointed by the free transfer, he had a successful season in Finland and is wanted by Trolls, surely a fee should have been commanded (unless we are doing an old boy a favour), with Butchmann, it was mentioned he had a suspect attitude, possibly this is true, possibly it is not but he simply wants to go home, possibly, with two clubs after him, we are getting a fee which makes his sale worth our while?
A number of Academy lads have gone on to worthwhile careers in the lower leagues and we have received transfer fees for them, all of which helps pay for the Academy.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

SuffolkWhite

I think Rupert has a good point, If the Academy is paying for it's self then it is worth running as you never know when you'll get a Haynes through the door. I know that is a once in a thousand years occurrence but who knows.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

finnster01

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 26, 2010, 07:54:19 AM
I think Rupert has a good point, If the Academy is paying for it's self then it is worth running as you never know when you'll get a Haynes through the door. I know that is a once in a thousand years occurrence but who knows.
The academy has cost us 10 million+ to date.
Selling the odd player to Plymouth and Bristol Rovers does not cover that, and if we don't let them play and show what they can do on a Prem level, we will never recover the expense. So why bother?

Bad piece of business that is. You can't have it both ways.