watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

this could be bad news...

Started by WhiteJC, May 27, 2010, 08:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05/27/manchester-united-boss-targets-giant-12m-signing-ferguson-lines-up-move-for-centre-back-hangeland/?
Manchester United Boss Targets Giant £12m Signing: Ferguson Lines Up Move for Centre Back Hangeland

Old Trafford linked with move for Craven Cottage defender

Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly interested in signing Fulham centre back Brede Hangeland as the Manchester United boss looks to new defensive options for his Old Trafford side. The towering Norwegian international had another fine season last term, helping Roy Hodgson's west London club to the Europa League Final and a respectable 12th placed finish.
The 6ft 5in US born defender has proved to be a fantastic acquisition since his move to Craven Cottage from FC Copenhagen and has been linked with moves to both Tottenham and more prominently to Arsenal but now Ferguson is apparently considering a move for the £12m rated 28 year old.

Having seen Rio Ferdinand put in an injury and poor form ravaged season Man United may well be looking for a reliable partner for Nemanja Vidic. The Premier League runners-up also have the likes of ever improving Jonny Evans and youngster Chris Smalling as long term prospects but the club are apparently keen to bring in an established defender to help in the short term, hence interest in Hangeland.

The Equalizer

Sadly, with the exposure that we got from last season that proved the mettle of our players, we're bound to attract attention from the 'big' clubs who didn't get into a European final last season.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tktd

It'll be interesting to see where this one goes. For me Hangeland does an incredible job for us, but that is solely because he can due to his partner in Hughes. Hughes and Hangeland are almost perfect for each other, the perfect foil for one another, hence why Hughes is seen as "mr consistancy" despite getting hardly any of the limelight.

I think if a big club went in for Hangeland they could be a bit shocked by how below par Hangeland could actually be. Whilst he's at Fulham though he really is being made to look like one of the very best. :) I'd be suprised if he goes, but would like him to stay.

JBH

If true then we should hammer them for cash, if they were willing to pay in the region of£12 million for Smalling then Brede should cost then at least £25 million.

blingo

RH will not sell UNLESS he has a replacement in mind. 12m is a lot of return on BH. Would I like him to go? No, but by the same token it would mean 22 million from the sale of just two, YES TWO of our players. And RH can do A LOT with that added to a transfer kitty of say another 18 million.

NorthernWhite

Have a look at that site again though. They spout all sorts of rubbish throughout the year and this one wasn't even dreamt up by the press, just by that site.

I had a quick look at it a few times in last years window so I wouldn't worry one bit about that article having a grain of truth in it.

LBNo11

...Saha, Van Der Sar, Smalling, Hangeland, old red nose is trying to turn manure into the Fulham of the north.

Hangeland has stated that he only goes anywhere if Hughes is part of the package - now THAT is worrying...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

chez

OMG

Surely Roy wouldn't let them both go, Hughes is my unsung hero of last season!

BestOfBrede

:011: ...Saha, Van Der Sar, Smalling, Hangeland, old red nose is trying to turn manure into the Fulham of the north.

I agree with you JBH - 20+ million should be our price!
I hate it when we get done by these so called big teams - they have the cash but know Fulham will take almost any offer!

LRCN

it's a load of bollocks from a two bob site, thankfully...

Admin

Quote from: blingo on May 27, 2010, 08:41:51 AM
RH will not sell UNLESS he has a replacement in mind. 12m is a lot of return on BH. Would I like him to go? No, but by the same token it would mean 22 million from the sale of just two, YES TWO of our players. And RH can do A LOT with that added to a transfer kitty of say another 18 million.

A certain central defender from up North is top of Roy's wanted list. The player in question including his agent have been spoken to before the season was out and the player is dead keen on a move back to London. It has been said that Roy wants this player at any cost!!

The player in question will not sit on the bench and will not play the fiddle to Brede or Hughes but has been known as a utility player who can also fit in at left/right back. This honestly leads me to believe that either Brede or Hughes will be sold this summer.

WhiteJC

I hope you don't mean Anton Ferdinand  :046:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Trust in Sir Woy
if the money is right let them go,Sir Woy will only sell IF he can improve the team :sir_roy:

LRCN

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 27, 2010, 04:43:16 PM
I hope you don't mean Anton Ferdinand  :046:

good player. quick, technically good, strong, alot like his brother. But not as good, obviously.

beijing ben

Quote from: Admin on May 27, 2010, 04:39:32 PM
Quote from: blingo on May 27, 2010, 08:41:51 AM

A certain central defender from up North is top of Roy's wanted list. The player in question including his agent have been spoken to before the season was out and the player is dead keen on a move back to London. It has been said that Roy wants this player at any cost!!

The player in question will not sit on the bench and will not play the fiddle to Brede or Hughes but has been known as a utility player who can also fit in at left/right back. This honestly leads me to believe that either Brede or Hughes will be sold this summer.

What do you consider to be up north? Anything above London? Cos i do. That said, if this is true, Luke Young? Is he still considered a central defender. Curtis Davies? Chimbonda? Huth? Danny Collins?..