watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zoltan Gera wins player of the season

Started by LRCN, May 27, 2010, 01:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

a travesty in my opinion, he played well this season but our main man is bobby zamora... scored almost a third of our goals and he's the player we miss most when he doesn't play, just look at the europa league final.
But fair play to gera, he's proved the doubters wrong.

JBH

Got my vote, close between Zolly and BZ but for alround performances he has been oustanding.

:beer: Zoltan

Dugliss

Not a travesty at all, I really don`t think there was too much between him and Zamora and it could`ve gone either way

TonyGilroy

It's an open vote so it has to be fair.

I voted for Aaron Hughes. I'd probably have put Zamora next before Gera with very honourable mentions then for Duff, Schwartzer, Baird and Hangeland.

More than anything though not a single regular starter was substandard and that's an extraordinary achievement which is down to Roy Hodgson.

epsomraver

Zoltan deserved it for CONSISTANT all round effort and he scored some of the most important goals in our season

MrCheviot

Due to injury, fair to say Zolly might pip BZ for player of 2010.

But for the 09/10 season? Bit of recency effect at work here I think. To me, most valuable is often discerned by rephrasing the question as most missed.. who's absence has the largest impact? What are the team's splits with and without a certain player?

No discredit to Gera intended, but this is a direct effect of emotional goals scored in the last 6 weeks of our season. Without Zamora, there is no last 6 weeks of our season to get excited about.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

Crede15

Zoltan was great, especially in Europe.

That said, in my opinion, there were two obvious choices: Bobby and Hughes.

Lighthouse

My order was reversed - Hughes Bz and then Gera. But frankly a number of players were so close. Congrats to Gera who turned the corner this season. However both Gera and BZ were outstanding playing that one formation. Gera just behind BZ as the one up front. It didn't work that well in the Prem all the time. So be interesting how they play in a different set up.

Well done to all three outstanding players
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

os5889

I voted for Gera (I think, but it may have been Hughes) I'm glad one of those 2 won it!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

and BZ thinks we hate him  :005: bet this makes him feel better :doh: :dft012:

HatterDon

Like Mr. Lighthouse, my 1-2-3 is the exact opposite of the voters. However, I'm just happy that we had so many valid candidates. There have been seasons ... .

Oh, and WELL DONE MR OS5889!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :004:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BobbyTheBrain

I was just reading on the main site that one of Hungary's top news sites put up the Fulham web address and told it's readers to vote Gera, sort of skews the vote a little don't you think?

http://sportgeza.hu/futball/2010/05/26/szavazzuk_gerat_a_legjobb_fulham-jatekosnak/
It's not fair to flair.

FatFreddysCat

Do you reckon Zoltan will start many games when our £11 Million pound super hero returns from yet anouther injury next season?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lork on May 27, 2010, 01:48:11 PM
a travesty in my opinion, he played well this season but our main man is bobby zamora... scored almost a third of our goals and he's the player we miss most when he doesn't play, just look at the europa league final.
But fair play to gera, he's proved the doubters wrong.
Have to agree, but Hughes and Swarchter are not far behind.

finnster01

I think this is wrong.

This year we should not have awarded a "player" of the year. It was the year of the team. They all should get credit, including Roy (and the fans I might add).

They can all look at themselves in the mirror and be proud!  :045:

COYW!!! And proud to be Fulham!!!!  :54:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Good shout Finny  :sir_roy:  Well all apart from kelly and Elm obviously.

JezamyBates

I voted for Gera, he has really been a shining example of our side this season

chipped in with crucial goals too

well done

Tktd

Why Zamora didn't get it now makes sense having seen that link to the Hungarian News Site! What dicks. It's just like every Fulham fan going onto Man Utd site and voting for their shittest player to be voted player of the season, or voting for Barcas player of the year and giving it to Yaya Toure instead of Messi. They should just but out. I hate the bias in it.

Zamora - a player I have had to warm to, really really deserved it this season and I think he may see it as an insentive to move on to pastures new now, after he gave his all and still didn't get the just recognition he deserves.

Not only did he score goals, he got 19 of them, and when you compare that to the stick he got the season before and the performances of last season then that in itself is a remarkable achievement.

Yes Gera scored a lot of important goals but so did Zamora and on a more frequent basis. I hate how people have voted for Gera based on literally the back end of the season.

Without Zamora's goals we wouldn't have even got past the group stages, we wouldn't have beaten Shakthar or Wolfsburg , let alone given Gera the chance to score against Juventus.

I think it's almost criminal that Zamora didn't get it. Think of who scored that second goal against Shakthar, think about the last minute goal against birmingham, think of the goal he scored at Wolfsburg in the first 20 seconds which allowed us to shut up shop, think about the way he completely humiliated fabio cannavaro and got him sent off, which arguably was the whole reason we beat Juve. Plus the quick reply goal in which he brushed one of the best defenders off just like that. Then that burst of energy which basically set up our goal against Athletico Madrid.

Even Zolly said he was suprised to win and I think it goes a long way to say how wrong this vote was and how everyone thought it was a forgone conclusion it would go to Zamora. A complete Travesty. 

And there the fact Zamora got asked to go to the world cup by Capello. He did soo much for us which everyones seemed to have completely forgotten - he's also got one of the most assists in the squad.

Granted him playing alongside gera has really blossomed but if you see half of Geras goals a lot of them have come from work by Zamora. This is the biggest and worst joke arguably since Hitler thought he could take over the world.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: BobbyTheBrain on May 27, 2010, 10:41:03 PM
I was just reading on the main site that one of Hungary's top news sites put up the Fulham web address and told it's readers to vote Gera, sort of skews the vote a little don't you think?

http://sportgeza.hu/futball/2010/05/26/szavazzuk_gerat_a_legjobb_fulham-jatekosnak/

Kind of like Yao Ming with 30 million votes from China for the allstar game when hes injuired I reckon.... But Hungary cant be that big that it would skew the votes, could it?
The Dude abides.