watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Teams With Pace

Started by White Noise, May 28, 2010, 07:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

What has been the predominant playing style at Fulham over the years - if there has been one? Certain teams have a long standing reputation, amongst their fans if no-one else, for playing a certain way. Has there ever been a Fulham style and how much has it been in evidence over the years?
Also, what are the quickest Fulham teams you remember where they had pace in several parts of the pitch?

The Equalizer

Our style has changed more often than Fat Fred's underpants, so it's a very difficult question to answer.

Pace wise though, I'd have to say the 2000-2002 teams under Tigana. Boa Morte, Saha, Malbranque, Fernandez - all of which were lightening quick.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

We have always played the game in the right way. By over passing and never having enough players in the area when a ball finally comes in.  As for quickest we have had a few wingers who were useful. Jimmy Conway and Les. But I agree that Tigana had the fastest team that could turn defence into attack.

Our present team play good football. Over pass and NEVER have ANY players in the area the odd time we do go forward. So they are right up there in the tradition of Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Vinnieffc

We never had Pace, but we did have (Julian) Hails..

BTW - I did get it :003: LB

jarv

Tosh Chamberlain and Graham Leggatt were pretty quick I recall. Also, Leggatt used to get himself in the box....a lot. Also did that for Scotland. I believe he was capped 17 times, should have been more but there was a lot more competition back then.

OldBrownShoe

We have had fast players such as the brilliant Les B, Jimmy Conway (when played on the wing),and Graham Leggat of course. George Cohen was as fast a full back as we or indeed England ever ever had. The Maestro had the fastest football brain. However Tigana's promotion team was the fastest outfit.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

ron

Quote from: Vinnieffc on May 28, 2010, 10:53:22 AM

.....Sheffield United and Aston Villa had Pace.....Derek Pace in fact.

flynny

uhlenbeek uhlenbeek running down the wing

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Vinnieffc on May 28, 2010, 10:53:22 AM

Cheers LB.. But sometimes I reckon I'm just trying toooo hard lol

grimmynz

Lets not forget Super Mac and Ivor.  Both had pace and both were pretty good at getting into goalscoring positions.