watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Favourite Pre-Season Games Of The Past?

Started by White Noise, May 28, 2010, 08:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

What are the best pre-season friendlies you have gone to - either for atmosphere,fun, game quality or sheer oddity?

The Equalizer

Celtic away in 2001. After a hilarious train journey up to Glasgow (with one or two small drinks along the way), we had a few brews in some boozer near Sauchiehall Street ,then made our way to Parkhead in the pouring rain.

Great ground, great people, absolutely shocking football from Fulham. We lost the game 3-0, but because it was so much fun we all started singing "3-0, we only lost 3-0".

None of us had booked a hotel that evening, believing that Glasgow was a 24 hour city. So after more beers, we went of to a ahem, 'dancing bar' where we danced some of the night away with the ladies. Until about 3am. Then we went to get some food in a kebab shop, noticed a very large pool of blood on the floor and left again immediately. We ended up having drinks in a hotel reception watching athletics while some of us tried to sleep.
At about 5am, we decided to get the first train home. No train running so we slept some more at the station and jumped on a train at about 6am.

Great fun with great people, and there happened to be some kind of football match in between.

I didn't head back to London with the rest of the guys that day. I changed at Crewe and went on down to Bromsgrove as I was meeting my girlfriend's parents for the first time. Talk about first impressions! I turned up at their house stinking of beer and cigarettes with bleary eyes and a football shirt on.

For some reason that relationship didn't quite last.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FC Silver Fox

Marseille 1 v 2 Fulham  played down in Nimes during Tigana's reign.  There must have been all of oooooh   15 Fulham fans there.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

SHADY1

Rennes away was a good laugh a couple of hundred made the trip ... we all had a great day out in Europe .... liitle did we know one day we'd be doing it properly.
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

FatFreddysCat

Espanyol in Le touget, guessing anywhere between 1500 -2000 Fulham were there. Spent the second half behind one of the goals with Flynny playing football against a couple of French kids and they made us look silly (we was very drunk though) Almost had a fight with a car load of Algerians  :033: . and kept winning loads on some weird roulettet wheel only for Flynny to keep losing it. We lost 2-1 i think but could be wrong. Very pleasant seaside town if anyone wanted to visit, spotlessly clean.

mrska

I used to like Kingstonian away. Kingston being my home town (Surbiton), i used to love sitting in the pub all day before wandering down to KingsMeadow.

Just had a few good laughs.

Wish we'd play Woking now that thats where i am...

flynny

Espanyol was quality cant remember a lot apart from pretending to be a sleep while while fat freddy and ja got extremely wet.And eating frogs legs just taste of garlic,Best part was winding espanyol keeper up and at end of game asking for his shirt to be told to fxxx off which was very fair realy.brilliant laugh.