watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Spurs, injuries, game tactics thread

Started by ross_bamping, April 12, 2014, 11:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross_bamping

Without our talisman Holtby, and with Parker being very good today after he came on, I would go for this:

Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

ChesterTheTabby

Looks good - but I bet FM would put Kasami where Sidder is, and use Parker as a sub for Diarra and Kvist as a sub for Sidders.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Pluto

I'd like to see Karagounis come in for Holtby

Blanco

Parker being very good? I thought he was poor. A diarra karagounis midfield would be awesome. But maybe Kara as a sub. Is he fit?

Snibbo

Isn't it nice that nobody is arguing about the defence anymore. Felix seems to have found the right combo at the back.

Walsh

I'm worried about this game, if we lose I hope it's only 1-0 as I feel that Spurs could spank us by 4 or 5 goals and that's the last thing we need right now!

St Eve

Amorebieta still worries me

Snibbo

Quote from: St Eve on April 13, 2014, 04:45:59 AM
To be honest they all worry me in one way or another, apart from maybe Heitinga and now Stockdale.  But I think it's the best combination we've got.

Deanothefulhamfan

I thought Amorebieta did ok yesterday, certainly his best game for us, but by no means a decent player, he seems a bit of a liabillity, and I always worry when he goes.to make a challenge. Hopefully he can build on yesterday's performance and get more solid as the season comes to a close.

I think he will start Kasami in the number 10 role, we don't have much choice unless he puts two up top which is highly unlikely.

Although the fact he played Diarra, Sidwell and parker was very telling.

Zu-Meister

magath likes his 3-6-1 though.

Mokes

I quite like this line-up, alas I don't think Ashkan will start, as much as we would all like him to. Kasami is more likely to start.

To be honest I would like the other players to step up and do well for us against spurs and Ashkan to have an average game. If he comes on and immediately looks a class above with his touch, his pace, and ability to win almost every one-on-one then Spurs will probably try and nick him from us in the summer.

terryr

If the Greek is finally fit I bet he will play........they cant leave him on the bench if he's fit. Actually that would be a good game to see what he can do as we don't really expect much from it anyway.
I'm not sure given we have done OK without him, but given he's a £12million investment I imagine there is a certain urgency in the back office to see a return on all that dosh

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Snibbo on April 13, 2014, 04:50:38 AM
Quote from: St Eve on April 13, 2014, 04:45:59 AM
To be honest they all worry me in one way or another, apart from maybe Heitinga and now Stockdale.  But I think it's the best combination we've got.

Magath has finally figured out a way to use Amorebieta. He seems to thrive when allowed to close down quickly, but needs cover to help when he is caught out. Having better midfield cover in Richardson and Diarra as well as Heitinga and Hangeland backing helps a lot.

JackyFulham90

I would like to see

Stockdale
Riether Heitinga Hangeland Amorebieta
                 Diarra Sidwell
Dejagah            Kasami          Richardson
                           Rodallega

Subs - Stekelenburg,  Riise, Parker, Kvist, Roberts, Bent, Mitroglou

MJG

Would agree with that lineup. I do feel spurs will score against us so in a way we need to get in first and try to take a lead and hang on for win or draw.

PeterFFC

I think
                   Stockdale
Riether  Heitinga  Hangeland  Amorebieta
                       Diarra
          Karagounis  Sidwell
Dejagah                                  Richardson
                     Rodallega

Bronaldinho

4-3-3 for me.

Diarra, Sidwell & Karagounis/Kvist or Parker.

We're going to win the midfield battle with those, especially if Sherwood goes for the lightweights in midfield again :D Degajah/Rodallega/Richardson have to be the front 3 though, they will cause Spurs problems.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

HatterDon

Oh my god ... Karagounis AND Diarra?

Where's that shudder emoticon.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

H4usuallysitting

Stockdale

Heitenga Hangerland Amorebieta

Riether      Diarra     Sidwell       Richardson

Dejagha/Kasami              Woodrow/Roberts

Rodalega

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I say rest Diarra for this one. We need him for the run in. His addition the last two games has made it abundantly clear what we have been missing in the middle of the park this season.