watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What else would you like to see on FOF?

Started by Admin, April 15, 2014, 07:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

The board is great, I'm only making suggestions to try and give some constructive points - feel free to ignore them!

I, personally, would love to see more dedicated threads being organised. E.g. on other message boards I've seen them use the title as just a player's name (e.g. "Holtby") and everything about him is discussed in that one location, regardless of how old the original post was. This is done for most threads - e.g. "Felix", "Remaining Fixtures", "Kahn", "Stadium Expansion", etc, etc.

The board is often hard to read because there are so many similar and short threads, I think that it would be easier to read, and would harbour better discussion, if there were fewer, but more detailed threads.

Also, I like the match day threads (as it achieves much of what I've requested above), but it's a bit of a hassle heading over there each time; would it be possible to have a sticky link at the top of the General Discussion board to get people there faster?

EJL

Quote from: FPT on April 15, 2014, 09:09:44 PM
I'd maybe look at brightening up the colour-scheme. It's nice, but very grey. I'm not saying go OTT with yellow, light blue and pink, but something a bit less dull.

Though I'd have to see examples, it could look awful afterwards.

And an easier way of posing pictures, god knows how to do it now. It should just be:

1) Add Image
2) Click
3) Picture added
4) Post
Only way you can post a picture is via direct URL. Pretty straightforward once you figure it out. Right click on whatever you want to post and click 'Copy Image URL (so the link has .png or .jpg on the end), paste it in the box, then add these two bad boys either side of it: [img] [ /img] (delete the space)

EJL

Quote from: epsomraver on April 15, 2014, 10:10:38 PM
Quote from: FPT on April 15, 2014, 09:09:44 PM
I'd maybe look at brightening up the colour-scheme. It's nice, but very grey. I'm not saying go OTT with yellow, light blue and pink, but something a bit less dull.

Though I'd have to see examples, it could look awful afterwards.

And an easier way of posing pictures, god knows how to do it now. It should just be:

1) Add Image
2) Click
3) Picture added
4) Post

As it is on facebook and Ebay would be good .
It's only that way on those sites you mentioned because they act as image hosting sites as well, in a similar vein to imgur, TinyPic, minus, Photobucket or Flickr. I think the closest FOF has to that is being able to upload a profile picture. If it's possible then great, but I think the coded way of pasting a link and putting tags either site is simple enough.

There's a button that places the tags for you.

Ron Sheepskin

"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Delboy

General

Vinnieffc

Bring back the Cravenettes and we could have a section of (green) pole dancing ?

Forever Fulham

Posting highlight videos on each Match Day thread--a good location for a repository.  A primer on how to post videos/photos/Internet content in a Message.  Something permanently up and accessible, occasionally modified/added to.

Holders

Quote from: Forever Fulham on April 16, 2014, 07:15:30 PM
Posting highlight videos on each Match Day thread--a good location for a repository.  A primer on how to post videos/photos/Internet content in a Message.  Something permanently up and accessible, occasionally modified/added to.

Good points.

I find that FoF can help me avoid visiting the official site so often (it's hard and slow to navigate) because members here post links where they're worthwhile. Video highlights on here would be good, as suggested.

Would also like an easier way to post pics which I've never figured out. If it isn't easy, I really don't have time to geek about. I've spent 24 days, 9 hours and 31 minutes of my life on this site already (and what pleasure it's brought!).

Finally, maybe more of the candid Burt-style interviews with notable people at the club - Sarah, Felix etc...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Wimbledon_White

More moderate moderation.

Stop stifling genuine debate.

This forum is far too vanilla in my opinion.

Herbie

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on April 17, 2014, 08:21:10 AM

Debate doesn't need to resort to insults or contain offensive views for it to be genuine.  All the mods are doing is making sure any debate stays clean and friendly.   

The Equalizer

Quote from: Forever Fulham on April 16, 2014, 07:15:30 PM

this could be tough due to licensing restraints. Any highlights vids posted would have requests to be removed from the Premier League.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Admin

If you don't like it, sling your hook over to Cottage Corner, don't know how else to put it really.

King_Crud

Quote from: Craven Mad on April 16, 2014, 12:14:28 PM
The board is great, I'm only making suggestions to try and give some constructive points - feel free to ignore them!

I, personally, would love to see more dedicated threads being organised. E.g. on other message boards I've seen them use the title as just a player's name (e.g. "Holtby") and everything about him is discussed in that one location, regardless of how old the original post was. This is done for most threads - e.g. "Felix", "Remaining Fixtures", "Kahn", "Stadium Expansion", etc, etc.

The board is often hard to read because there are so many similar and short threads, I think that it would be easier to read, and would harbour better discussion, if there were fewer, but more detailed threads.

Also, I like the match day threads (as it achieves much of what I've requested above), but it's a bit of a hassle heading over there each time; would it be possible to have a sticky link at the top of the General Discussion board to get people there faster?

I agree with this completely. Too many threads on "Here's what I think is wrong" or "my thoughts on blah blah blah". If you had a thread on pre-game discussion, post game discussion, team formation discussion, Felix discussion etc etc then it would get some more order, threads wouldn't get lost, and the board wouldn't be full of threads on the same subject that get half a dozen responses. Also you can have NFR threads like the music thread, the movie thread etc

FortCollinsFulham

Getting rid of the "there's been X amount of new posts since blah blah" thing that comes up if you post something in a busy thread and someone else has posted.

That would be grand.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Southcoastffc

I like Holders suggestion:  Finally, maybe more of the candid Burt-style interviews with notable people at the club - Sarah, Felix etc... They seem more relevant than the invariably bland stuff on the club site.

I suppose pointing to streams on match days is not permissible?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ron

Quote from: Admin on April 17, 2014, 09:21:54 AM

If you don't like it, sling your hook over to Cottage Corner, don't know how else to put it really.

...in fact, I also believe that the level of moderation we have is an encouragement for all would be posters of a more reserved disposition to take the plunge with an opinion, in the knowledge that they won't be torn to pieces and humiliated.
Rather than calling it vanilla, I would call it inclusive, and instead of saying stifling, I would suggest available to all.....

Twig

Quote from: FortCollinsFulham on April 17, 2014, 09:48:22 AM
Getting rid of the "there's been X amount of new posts since blah blah" thing that comes up if you post something in a busy thread and someone else has posted.

That would be grand.

Yes, it is frustrating to have to keep re-entering the post while this pops up.

Twig

How about a player stats page updated after each match?  Or would that contravene copyright of the source provider(s).

Craven Mad

Quote from: ron on April 17, 2014, 10:55:08 AM
Quote from: Admin on April 17, 2014, 09:21:54 AM

...in fact, I also believe that the level of moderation we have is an encouragement for all would be posters of a more reserved disposition to take the plunge with an opinion, in the knowledge that they won't be torn to pieces and humiliated.
Rather than calling it vanilla, I would call it inclusive, and instead of saying stifling, I would suggest available to all.....

Here, here.

No issue with the moderation, at all. One or two on here need to realise that opinions different from their own are not necessarily personal attacks, so don't need to be defended against vociferously. The mods do a good job of arbitrating.