watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Spurs

Started by terryr, April 16, 2014, 12:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

There isn't much on the boards yet but what I did find was the strangest collection of comments so far this season.......
I'll update Friday as usual

UPDATED BELOW

"With us conceding goals like we have been I think this will go either way
if it wasn't w brom yesterday but say stoke I reckon we would of been humiliated"

"I want Fulham to stay up and don't want us in EL.
Everyone happy with a draw?  "

"Spot on for me. Even though Europa champs get CL the next season, I think it's a lot harder to win Europa than people think. I just want to see us have one full season without European distraction to see what we can do. "

" No...arsenal is dropping...Everton up 6 on us with games against Manu and city left....win the rest and geta little help and top 4 isn't yet gone....plus, we need EL next year...in my opinion.. "

" We will not get 4th!
Everton are 6 points ahead with a game in hand (against Palace at Goodison which will be tough but should be 3 points) so they will be 9 points ahead of us. They also have a much better team than we do (in my opinion) and a stronger manager. The only team i am worried about are United. They are 3 behind so its possible they finish above us. I want Europe next year so EL will have to do.
" It will be a little bit harder for them without Holtby - he's been one of their best players during his time there. "

"  Lloris
Naughton Kaboul Fryers Rose
Paulinho Bentaleb
Lennon Eriksen Kane
Adebayor
I'd be tempted to drop Kaboul but he needs the minutes if he's ever going to get back to his best, the alternatives have been just as bad. Enough of Chadli in midfield, Bentaleb has had a rest so chuck him back in there. "

" I don't want us to drop points but I really have a view that Fulham are a decent lot and I don't want them to go down. In a way our season is over but I know that its ver bad form not to play to win"

" My only query would be - why change the team around yet again (assuming no injuries) after what was a dominant attacking display and scoring 3 goals when we finally got going.....? and why play Kane on the left of midfield, it makes no sense. just pick players ion their best positions so if we play with two strikers against Fulham at home then it probably has to be 4-4-2 and I would suggest:
Lloris
Naughton (Walker if fit) Kaboul, Chiriches (or Fryers if Chiriches is injured/unfit) Rose
Lennon, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Chadli
Adebayor, Kane (or Soldado preferred for me) "

" It's time to play the players who will be here next year, so no Lennon or Rose please.
Lloris
Naughton-Kaboul-Vlad-Fryers
Bentaleb-Sandro-Eriksen
Chadli-Adebayor-Kane
Paulinho for Sandro if he's not fit. "

" STEVE SIDWELL IS THEIR LEADING SCORER"

" In all honesty this would be one i would quite happily lose. My household is split, between ipswich and spurs, so i have a very soft spot for the towerrn and hate the canaries. i would love to see them get relegated and fulham getting 3 points on saturday would virtually guarentee they go down. "

" We need to win this game, I don't understand why anybody wants to miss out on the Europa League. If we don't want to take it seriously we don't have to, just play the kids like Harry did, but it may be a useful competition to be in if we get past the group stage. Next season the winners get a CL spot so if 4th place is gone in February, we can focus on the EL and try to qualify that way. "

" Adding to that, finishing above United would be a big achievement even though their current state. Who knows when we will get that chance again and when was the last time this happened? "

" I like us to always play to win.
We should always aim to win every competition we're in.
We're Spurs, to dare is to do! "

" Don't know how anyone can say we should lose, or draw this game. It should be one of the easier games we have left and I'm so fooking tired of people laughing at us. For me it is a 'must-win'. "

" Spurs should go into every game with the intention of winning it!
If we want to be challenging at the top of the table, then we need a winning mentality. "

" There should be only one outcome with this game, we got to get the three points ... Any other thinking is a sign of madness , essentially we have to be the best possible we can be Europa or not, anything else is just failure , it was never CL or bust "

" Apparently Dawson is expected back for this, I think it's a no brainer to play him against the likes of Fulham "

" Haven't seen a thread for this yet so here it goes:
---------------Lloris
Naughton Kaboul Chiriches Fryers
-------Lennon Sandro Chadli
----------Eriksen Paulinho
-------------Adebayor

Based on injuries and the fact I can't stand Rose being in our team I'd go with that with Sandro providing a bit of cover for our shambles of a defence. Going to this one and I'm hoping for revenge as I was at this same game last night. Typical Fulham are picking up a bit of steam now too. Anyways...COYS!!! "

" Who cares???, might as well play Chirpy in defence, at least that way everyone will expect us to cock up. "

" As long as there is some steel in front of the back 4 i don't really mind. I think Fulham will be less of a threat without Holtby who's been one of their best players in their recent resurgence.
I'll be bloody furious if we concede first, and even more so it happens in the first 5 minutes.
We should win this but I'm not sure enough of the players care as much as we do. "

" Lloris
Naughton Carter-Vickers :D Kaboul Fryers
Veljkovic Sandro
Chadli Kane Eriksen
Ade
​We're better against Fulham than Norwich, and it's a better away day, so I'd rather Norwich go down. Let's give Fulham a chance and blood some kids :sneaky: "

" I'd like to see some of the younger players given more of a chance as we've nothing left to play for this season. I'm thinking See if they can step up and this might make the summer more bearable if/ when some of the more experienced players leave. We know what little Rose, Naughton, And Lennon offer. Lets see if others can do as well as Kane and Nabil If we drop points against Fulham its no great loss. For them it would be huge. As funny as it sounds, Fulham staying up would be a result. I like going to their grounds. Their fans are top drawer and they have a good spirit. Never thought I'd see myself look at a game that way. "

" A tiny rats ass I could not give. The only way to make this game interesting for me is if we play the kids although the two I'm most interested in Carroll and Pritchard are out on bloody loan! All I know is that I've seen enough of Rose, Lennon and Dawson over the season to know that they don't need to play anymore. "

" Who honestly gives a poo? "

"  At least Fulham's best player can't play for them..."

" Cauley Woodraw is out??? "

Updated Below

"I think we are going to get 3 easy points against fulham.. If all players play according to sherwood tactics , we are going to smash fulham with 5 or 6 goals ... "

" And probably concede 5 or 6 as well... "

" That would be because of players individual error .. nothing to do with sherwood "

" Then we score with individual brilliance? Nothing to do with Sherwood? "

" Playing a high line with this squad doesn't exactly help. "

"  No... We will only score a goal because of high motivation of the players and willing to win the game .. that is completely down to the coach which sherwood excels at ... All the goals are coming because of sherwood's tactical brilliance and superb man management"

" No way!! All the goals are coming because of the players and all the goals we concede are because of sherwood. Surely you have a memory and remember that before Sherwood we were title contenders!! He has come and ruined everythingggggggggggggg. Cmon -6 goals difference and 7th position in the league after 16 games is exactly how to win titles. "

" I dont want foolham to get relegated.
There are teams worse than them "

" Recon well
gift Fulham a 3-0 head start then start to attack?"

"  I don't want Fulham to go down as I love going there every year. Nice little day out with some nice pubs in the area and a very relaxed atmsophere. But, we need 3 points and although our defending against WBA was comical we did show some real balls to come back from 3-0 down. Fulham were bloody lucky against Norwich and on another day would have got battered.
Spurs win!"

"It's my favourite ground reminds me of a proper football ground and their fans are ok. Nice walk through the park before the game and nice pubs. "

" My team (Completely ignoring who may be fit)
                            Hugo
        Kaboul        Chiriches      Verts

Lennon        Eriksen     Sandro      Townsend

Pauline
                                   Ade         Soldado
We will concede either way so just go all out attack."

" Fulham will be fighting for their premier league lives, we will just bumble along and play in fits and starts. It'll be a tight game but I think we will shade it 2-1"

"  I always like the scenario where one team has nothing to play for and the other does, I can see that being a leveller and Spurs at 4/7 and Fulham at 6/1 is bloody ridiculous really, too tough to call this game and one to leave alone unless you like betting against Spurs !"

" I don't think Fulham goes down anyway. Have a look at Norwich's schedule. I don't see them getting a point the rest of the way. Right now I am thinking Sunderland, Cardiff and Norwich go down."

" 9-0 to foolham"

"Need a ruling........
<looking down as to not make eye contact>  I want Fulham to win.
Me best mate, the one that got me addicted to this sport, is a Cottager supporter.
I don't want to see them relegated because of him.  And, what's the diff if we
drop points?  7th, instead of 6th, IF you think we can finish 6th?
There.  I said it.
Hate me if you must."

" Hope the players are all up for it as all our games are winnable, but equally  be banana skins! I'm going for nail biting 2-1. I hate these early kick off but worked out well this week as I'll get home early enough to see my granddaughter in her first swimming gala."

"  Penfold to teach Sherwood a lesson in tactics "

"  Fulham 1-0 or Fulham 2-1"

Those familiar with Felix Magath as a coach know all too well about his notorious reputation as a disciplinarian. Stern training methods like the use of medicine balls, lead weighted jackets and high altitude running have become a Magath trademark in German football. At Stuttgart for example he held training sessions three times a day and regularly held cross-country runs at dawn. He even assigned his players essays on their hopes and ambitions.
One anecdote in particular stands out and is recited by his players to this day. While in charge of Wolfsburg during a training camp in July 2008 in Switzerland Magath declared after a team lunch that training would be canceled for the day. Instead the players would be rewarded with coffee and cake at a nearby location with the provision that the players retain their training attire just in case. As the players prepared to board the gondola that took them up the mountain to the coffee house their delight was soon replaced with horror as Magath told them they would get there by running the full 2362 meters. They ran for two and a half hours straight up the hill with Magath running right behind the team. Their star striker Grafite collapsed before the end and had to be carried down the valley on a stretcher while other players broke down in tears as they reached the summit where they were finally able to enjoy their coffee and cake.
The key to Magath's managerial success has been his ability to adjust his tactics to suit the set of players at his disposal. His tactical versatility and understanding of the game is what sets Magath apart as one of Europe's top managers. "

" Their defense looked as bad as ours on Saturday, in saying that we're playing for nothing at the moment so you never know. Please let this horrid season end!"

" Already looking forward to this. I love Saturday matches
Lloris;
Naughton,Kaboul,Fryers (or Dawson if fit);Rose
Lennon,Paulinho,Eriksen,Townsend
Kane.Adebayor

2-1 "

" I'm sure even our half hearted team can come away with a win on Saturday at home, but Fulham will push us to the very end and we'll be lucky to walk away with all 3 points.
2-1 COYS"

"  With the chance of setting a new club Premier League points record now gone after the draw with West Brom, there's really not that much for Spurs to play for in these last four matches except for matching our best points tally of 72.
By all accounts, Tim Sherwood is a dead man walking and I doubt that even winning these remaining games will do anything to keep him in the job for next season.
Perhaps he will use these games to blood some more of our youngsters - Zeki Fryers, Nabil Bentaleb and Milos Veljkovic are all Academy players who have made their Spurs Premier League debuts this season.
As for the game itself, obviously Fulham have got far more at stake than Tottenham and you have to fancy them getting at least a goal against our defence who seem to lack even the basic understanding of what is required.
But we've been pretty good at going forward recently and the goals have started to flow, so I'm going for a 3-2 home win on Saturday."

" The form result is 2-1 Spurs. Fulham's record v the current top 6 with only one match remaining to complete the set is remarkably comprehensive: P11 W0 D0 L11 F9 A35. We all know what's coming, now I've said that. "

" I think someone needs to keep an eye on Holtby, to see if he starts aiming spitballs at Timmeh's back.
He might even try and recruit Capoue and some of the other outcasts in the stands behind our bench on our side. "

" Fulham to repeat last season's snatch and grab."

" Finally, Finally get to watch my team! im going to this one!!!!
Getting into London nice and early to enjoy my stag weekend...a few drinks and I can laugh at our attempts at defending! after the game a few more drinks!
shame we dont have much to play for but its been so long this year saving for a wedding that I havent been able to justify going to WHL! Well im looking forward to this and maybe I will try and get Penfold's autograph and spot dangermouse!
I say 3-2 spurs...late Dawson winner from a corner!
COYS! WOOF! "

"Think this will go one of two ways - the Sunderland game at White Hart Lane, where we actually tear a **** team apart (as we should, at home, given our resources in comparison), or a mirror image of last season's corresponding fixture where we lost 0-1 in a turgid affair, this would be seen as Fulham continuing their 'great escape'.
I reckon we'll do it. No Mitroglou or Holtby for them.
1-0
COYS"

"  Holtby should be a big loss for them, he looks to have been a major cog in their recent revival. Despite them battling for survival, at home I will be very disappointed if we dont win "

That's it for this week. To be honest there isn't much action on their boards. It seems Spurs fans just want this season to end.

BestOfBrede

Blimey - they seem to like us!

Lighthouse

Brilliant - Great comments
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bedford White

OMG no real animosity at all, I thought that they'd be chomping at the bit to bend us over and ruin us once and for all. I have a new found respect for Spurs' followers 

Snibbo

No mention of Dembele (the elder). Is he injured?

Wingnut

Wow, some of them want us to win.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ffctom_b

apparently Dembele played for their u21s earlier in week
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

Blanco

Wow! I never liked Spurs or their fans. Changed my mind. Seem like an ok bunch. I think it'll be a draw. A win for us would be typical though.

SKSW6

The first time where no one posted something like "LET'S DO THESE MUGS OVER", "WE'RE GONNA SMASH THEM", "TIN POT CLUB" . Did not expect that from Spurs fans, fair play.

paddyuksw6

My opinion on their fans has definitely changed now

Classic94

Some thoroughly refreshing comments. Hopefully the Spurs' team are approaching the match with the same apathy.

zschwartz

quite a few friends in ny who are spurs fans, all gentlemen. It's the liverpool, chelski and city fans... who are also good guys.

MayoDomo

"  At least Fulham's best player can't play for them..."

" Cauley Woodraw is out???

:wine:
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

PokerMatt

How arrogant that they think the only way we'll win is by playing their kids.  086.gif
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Shredhead

Refreshing to see this.
I always have a go at fans of other clubs who whinge about being in the Europa League.  If we managed to get to the Final with a small squad why can't they core with bigger squads?
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

HatterDon

Well, with Everton dropping three at home, this gives more impetus for both Arsenal and Spurs to get results. Good for us in the former; bad for us in the latter.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

terryr

Shredhead

I thought they'd be keener for a win after the results The other night.
An interesting recurring theme is wishing Fulham to stay up so they can expertise trips to CC.
COYW.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

LBNo11

...some surprising comments, they eloquently paint a picture of how we see ourselves in terms of our fans, our ground and our situation. Top drawer fans eh - wait 'till I tell my Butler.. :005:

0001.jpeg
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: SKSW6 on April 16, 2014, 03:26:56 PM
The first time where no one posted something like "LET'S DO THESE MUGS OVER", "WE'RE GONNA SMASH THEM", "TIN POT CLUB" . Did not expect that from Spurs fans, fair play.

+1
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"