watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There's something refreshing about Felix

Started by mullers, April 17, 2014, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mullers

I like the honesty in his comments, and it feels that the whole squad has a chance of being picked for the team if they do well in training - there's no favouritism. Despite the relegation issue this is the most positive I have felt for months about the future.

Lighthouse

I really am not sure. I like the way he changes the formation even during a game. But I still don't understand why we had to put up with Woodrow or  Dembele up front when experience was needed. Players for the future but not a relegation battle. However the failure of the club to find a forward in the transfer window was crimminal. Not this managers fault.

So I guess what I am saying is if he pulls off the miracle of survival then he will be a legend. If not then questions will remain if he was the right man to come in when he did.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Craven Mad

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 17, 2014, 10:26:12 AM
I really am not sure. I like the way he changes the formation even during a game. But I still don't understand why we had to put up with Woodrow or  Dembele up front when experience was needed. Players for the future but not a relegation battle. However the failure of the club to find a forward in the transfer window was crimminal. Not this managers fault.

So I guess what I am saying is if he pulls off the miracle of survival then he will be a legend. If not then questions will remain if he was the right man to come in when he did.

Controversial, so please dot shoot me down, but I think the club made a mistake in letting Berba go in Jan. Yes, he didn't help certain players' confidence, but I think he'd have chipped in a number of goals and assists in Felix's formation.

I don't think Cauley or Moussa have done a bad job, but I think Berba would have been a useful option. Also, it's a shame Tank has gone off on a strop, because he would have been a better young option, too..

Lighthouse

I tend to agree that keeping a forward, even a lazy, selfish one. would have been better than having no forward at all. Especially one that would frighten opposition for his reputation alone.

It bothers me that Norwich play after us in all our up and coming games, bar the last day. I really don't know if it makes a difference. But clearly it would help if we had more threat up front whoever plays.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Craven Mad on April 17, 2014, 10:36:14 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 17, 2014, 10:26:12 AM
I really am not sure. I like the way he changes the formation even during a game. But I still don't understand why we had to put up with Woodrow or  Dembele up front when experience was needed. Players for the future but not a relegation battle. However the failure of the club to find a forward in the transfer window was crimminal. Not this managers fault.

Controversial, so please dot shoot me down, but I think the club made a mistake in letting Berba go in Jan. Yes, he didn't help certain players' confidence, but I think he'd have chipped in a number of goals and assists in Felix's formation.

I don't think Cauley or Moussa have done a bad job, but I think Berba would have been a useful option. Also, it's a shame Tank has gone off on a strop, because he would have been a better young option, too..
Berba wanted to go. Keeping an unhappy player is never wise.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I love him,  he is as crazy as a box of frogs,  but at the same time he is so logical and organised.
I like his interviews, he is not an embarrassment you can see that there is suppressed humour behind the glasses
There must be a valid reason why he does not play Bent and Berba may well  have got on with Felix ...but it's irrelevant really    

#Jol'sGone. 9739.gif 9739.gif  

MasterHaynes

Baszab

Despite my repeated slagging off of the FFC board - Magath seems to be an inspired appointment - although - as usual with new managers - he is not that popular with the staff at the club - let's hope the "false hope" we all have, could be turned into a miracle

filham

The  really refreshing thing about Felix is that he has given us three wins from the last 5 games, losing only to in form Everton and to Man.City, that has given us some hope in the relegation battle.

If we stay up his reputation will be made.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: KCat on April 17, 2014, 11:14:06 AM
I love him,  he is as crazy as a box of frogs,  but at the same time he is so logical and organised.
I like his interviews, he is not an embarrassment you can see that there is suppressed humour behind the glasses
There must be a valid reason why he does not play Bent and Berba may well  have got on with Felix ...but it's irrelevant really    

#Jol'sGone. 9739.gif 9739.gif  
Bent is too lazy. It's that simple.

FFCByTheRiver

I'd rather we played Kasami up top than Bent, and this isn't tongue in cheek.

I had no issues with Woodrow up top, thought he contributed well to the play. I am however absolutely delighted that Rodallega has hit confidence and form, because unlike Woodrow he has managed to stick the ball in the net and is probably more competent at this point.

"Yeah, sure" I'm quite a  big Magath fan at this point. I'm a bit concerned about his tradition of fallings-out later on down the line, but for now that isn't a concern.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Skatzoffc

Magoo gets my vote.
He's done well.

Tho it would be a miracle if he can keep us up with the ridiculously short time he has been given.

COYW!

049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

I can't let the comment about Berba staying here go unchallenged. Berba would have lasted one training session, if that, and then developed some sort of muscle pull and become scarcer than Mitroglou. If his desire had matched his ability, people would speak of him in the same breath as Pele, Maradonna or Messi. I've never seen a player with a better touch nor one that ran less. Defense was a word that he never understood and in case you didn't notice, he wasn't scoring this season.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Craven Mad

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 17, 2014, 09:12:21 PM
I can't let the comment about Berba staying here go unchallenged. Berba would have lasted one training session, if that, and then developed some sort of muscle pull and become scarcer than Mitroglou. If his desire had matched his ability, people would speak of him in the same breath as Pele, Maradonna or Messi. I've never seen a player with a better touch nor one that ran less. Defense was a word that he never understood and in case you didn't notice, he wasn't scoring this season.

There's certainly some merit in that view. Berba did seem to give up and stop making any effort, but he had made effort before and did put in his defensive shift (I've not got the stats to hand, but I certainly remember him making a lot of defensive contributions at one stage).

I have no evidence to support this, but I think he could have respected Magath more than Rene (who he had - unsuccessfully - worked with in the past at Utd), and may have found some faith in the tactics. Who knows..

Baszab

Berbatov told the club he was off at Xmas time - they knew he wouldn't play for the team anymore - that's why the Mitroglou PANIC at 31st January was so pathetic irrespective of the fact that he wasn't even fit - they had 5 weeks to do a deal for someone/anyone who could play centre-forward - but the board tried to be clever with cut-price offers until it back-fired (remember the stupid bid for Morrison ?)

YankeeJim

Quote from: Craven Mad on April 17, 2014, 09:50:23 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on April 17, 2014, 09:12:21 PM

There's certainly some merit in that view. Berba did seem to give up and stop making any effort, but he had made effort before and did put in his defensive shift (I've not got the stats to hand, but I certainly remember him making a lot of defensive contributions at one stage).

I have no evidence to support this, but I think he could have respected Magath more than Rene (who he had - unsuccessfully - worked with in the past at Utd), and may have found some faith in the tactics. Who knows..

If he did put out effort for Felix, it would have been a  beautiful thing and we'd probably be safe by now. But, as my dear departed dad use to say, IF frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their butts. Cheers!  082.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Black, White and Fred

I have found that his scary guy rep, was a little overblown. He seems relaxed and genuine, like the guy I think has really given us a chance when all thought we didn't have one.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

RaySmith

Berba wanted to go, though shortly before he went he have a very positive performance -when we beat Villa.

I thought we needed to keep him, and that Rene had a good relationship with him, but he went, as had been anticipated, with most fans wanting him gone.

He went, and now he is in the past, and  we have new young strikers making very positive first team debuts, and Hugo scoring goals - and even Bent may make an appearance and score an important goal....or even Mitroglou!

And yes, Felix does seem like a breath of fresh air.