watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There's something refreshing about Felix

Started by mullers, April 17, 2014, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Whatever the outcome this season, I hope Magath continues. It will be an important enough close-season without the disruption of bringing in yet another new manager.

I am pleased with Magath's efforts to foster a greater sense of togetherness and unity among the squad: I can see the benefits of the team eating breakfast and lunch together, for instance. I also like the fact that he has actively sought to strengthen the bond between the team and the supporters.

Whether we are celebrating the retention of our PL status or preparing for life in the Championship, the close-season will be a time of significant change. Whichever it is, Magath's doesn't strike me as the sort to allow sentiment to preside over hard-nosed judgments - a bitter pill, perhaps, for players who have embraced our manager's team-before-self ethic and then find themselves side-lined, but a necessary approach if we are to avoid a repeat of this season's struggle.

As to whether Berbatov would be useful to us now: No. The one attribute, above all others, that Magath has demanded of the players is hard work for the benefit of the team. To Berbatov, this was anathema; had he stayed, at best he would have had Bent's place on the substitutes' bench.

Of more use, however, were he still here, could have been Taarabt. I contend that Magath would have valued the fact that Adel always tried to go forwards when in possession; that he invariably sought to make something positive happen. Would Felix would have been able to harness his skills sufficiently for the benefit of the team? If so, Taarabt's contribution could have made a difference.

Holders

What's really refreshing about Felix is that he hasn't moaned once about the players he might have liked to have had available who were released no more than about a month before he arrived - e.g. Berbatov (with no active replacement), Taarabt and Senderos. All of these he might have found useful at one stage or another; yet he's filled the gaps with the likes of Woodrow, Burn, Roberts etc. Not once has he observed as to what might have been or used it as an excuse. Whether we survive or not, that I seriously respect. Lesen Sie das, Felix?

Contrast that with M. Jol esq. who bleated on for over a season at the loss of Dempsey and Dembele.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham1959

Having got used to him now, I find it endearing every time he says, "You zee" !

Indeed, if we escape relegation (and it's in the hands of the Gods, I believe) then he will certainly have made his mark in the history of FFC.

Max Headroom

If the rumour was true that Berbatov had a "must play" clause in his contract (I have no idea if he did, but can't fathom why he was continued to be played given the amount of effort he put in) then getting rid of him was the only option. The favouritism of Berbatov and Ruiz (I still rate Ruiz and think having him behind a lone striker where Berbatov played is actually what he was bought to do) was the main reason the team had no spirit or fight.

I was a fan of Rene, but I am not sure he would have kept us up. Getting the players fit and bonding them as a team has been the right approach. Whatever happens, we are back to a team of players who love playing for Fulham..... which is one of the reasons I support Fulham. Congrats Felix (whatever happens over the next four games)

Robbie

If we go down we will rue the day Rene came to FFC. If we had had Felix then we would be comfortably mid-table by now.

hovewhite

Felix ,I'm a fan.
The only stage of the season we have looked match fit is since felix has been in charge.
Praise felix,he's got me purrinnnnn.

Holders

9 out of 10 Fulham fans say their cats prefer him.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria