watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else worried about playing Palace

Started by The Swan, April 17, 2014, 07:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

When I saw our last three fixtures of the season I was happy to see that we were playing Norwich, Hull and Palace. All three winnable games. We beat Norwich and I feel that we should beat Hull, but now I am worried about the Palace game.
They have won their last four games. Away to Cardiff 0-3, we lost 1-3, at home to Chelsea 1-0 we lost 1-3, home to Villa 1-0 , the same result as us. and last night win away to Everton 2-3, we lost 4-1. In their last four games they have picked up 12 points compared to our 3 points.They have scored 8 goals and conceded 2. In our four games against the same teams we have scored 4 goals and conceded 10
Although Palace are now safe they will want revenge for our great 1-4 win at their place.
Hopefully we will be safe by the time we play them otherwise this will be a very nervy game.
By the way Palace played very well against Everton last night.
The Swan

Fulham76

The safer they are by the time we play them, the better, and they look pretty safe to me.

Berserker

I'm worried about playing anybody at the moment
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RaySmith

They are safe, and will be relaxed when we play them -but that could actually make them play better, than if it was a  'must win ' for them, as it may be for us.

But no game will be easy - and we just have to be up for every game, and give our all, with our fans behind us.

Palace will bring a lot of fans, and they will definitely be keen to beat us, but we just need to outplay and outsing them.

We can only play what's in front of us, and should feel confident of beating anyone.

Artful Dodger

If we need the points, we will be more up for it than them, no matter how many fans they bring or what Pulis says in the dressing room. Have the right attitude and with home support, we will have a good chance.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Admin

No, I think we'll hand out the same punishment we gave them at Selhurst Park.

YoungsBitter

I had the same thought watching the Everton game, Bolassie is very good, as was Puncheon on the night but they also rode their luck and scored 3 good goals that in other games they wouldnt get - Campbell and Chamakh are crap usually. Pulis has them well drilled and they defended deep against an Everton team that looked bereft of ideas and Luakaku had a stinker.
On the last day of the Season if there is something on the line it will be us with the passion and desire and they will be mentally on the beach, I think we can still turn them over.
Quark, strangeness and charm

HatterDon

Palace are a well-oiled machine under Pulis and, on recent form, are one of the better teams in the league. We're going to have to be at our best to get a point against them, but three points is never out of the question if you're playing at home.

The same can also be said, by the way, about Stoke under Hughes -- and we're playing them away.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Andy S

I don't fear losing any of the games we have left this season. As it stands we need to win them all to make sure of Premiership football next season. Whether we will is in the lap of the gods. All we can do is go out there and give it our best shot every game

Burt

I am worried about playing anyone given where we are and the unpredictable results there have been recently.

Norwich have the run in from hell and on paper you would not expect them to pick up any more points. Which is good, as one win puts us above them. But I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out a surprise somewhere along the line...

H4usuallysitting

We will be safe by then, so we can all sit back and enjoy another 3 points from them

the nutflush

alfie

I don't think there is any value in worrying about playing Palace, by that time our fate will probably be decided, just worry about the next game if you need to worry.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Big Martin Jol

Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

MikeCdawg

I'm worried about all 4 games. But Palace is the "LEAST" of my worries.

Tottenham (a) - Spurs will definitely go in as favourites.

Hull (h) - Hull aren't exactly safe either, they need a win and hit us for six last time out.

Stoke (a) - Stoke are notoriously good at home. have only lost 2 games at the Brittania all season. And only the top 5 have better home records this season.

Crystal Palace (h) - I think this is probably the easiest of our games. The Eagles should be mathematically safe come this fixture, so their player's minds could well be on their summer holidays. Our players will be well up for this. Felix will drill it in to them and they, themselves, will know what this game means to FFC and the fans.

PakistaniWhites

not at all we will get a draw n 2 wins before them :))

ffc73

No. I will worry at the time when there is something to worry about

I am concerned about tomorrow.

We need a result like Palace or even Sunderland got mid week but I fear a heavy defeat

Jem

It is dangerous to think/hope that Palace will already be on the beach. I certainly hope our players don't think that. Pulis is better than that and will want as many points as possible.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Artful Dodger

Pulis has already said that he owes it to the rest of the league to continue to perform although they are at the 40 point mark already. What this really means is "whoop whoop, we're safe...summer holidays here we come!!". Palace will not be as up for it as we will if we need something from the game.

Lets worry about Spurs first!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

paddyuksw6

Im hoping Palace put a few of their kids out and we take advantage of this