watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best First Touches

Started by theofulham, April 17, 2014, 09:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theofulham

Just came across this video of some of the best first touches off all time. Berba's against Villa this season is featured! (the Baggio one is my favourite)

http://video.gazzetta.it/top-ten-primi-tocchi-piu-belli-sempre/34d03086-c61b-11e3-a5de-49421f3817c8?rlabs=1

Craven Mad

Count Berbatov

It just proves the importance of and the advantage a good first touch gives you. No running about, no headless chickens etc. Quality, control, composure. Love watching videos like this

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Burt

Will never tire of seeing that Bergkamp one v Newcastle.

H4usuallysitting

I had to read this title 3 times........I thought it said "Bent first touches"....now that would be a very short dvd

God The Mechanic

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 17, 2014, 10:55:57 PM
I had to read this title 3 times........I thought it said "Bent first touches"....now that would be a very short dvd

I dunno, if it includes ball retrieval time it could last a while...

cmg

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 17, 2014, 10:55:57 PM

You'd need the wide screen tv, though.

The video is a beauty. You wouldn't be offended to be included in that bunch of names.

Deanothefulhamfan

Berbatov had the best touch in the league.... His touch against Villa was just ridiculous....

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: theofulham on April 17, 2014, 09:50:40 PM
Just came across this video of some of the best first touches off all time. Berba's against Villa this season is featured! (the Baggio one is my favourite)

http://video.gazzetta.it/top-ten-primi-tocchi-piu-belli-sempre/34d03086-c61b-11e3-a5de-49421f3817c8?rlabs=1

The Berkamp one against Newcastle is filth. If I was that defender, you'd just have to applaud.
I think this is a major part of the game thats lost now. Notice that most of those clips were from years ago. Yes players have to have to have a good forst touch, but these are the next level.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Neil D

Kasami against Palace needs to be there too.  Del Piero's first time volley for me.

EJL

Putney

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Putney on April 18, 2014, 05:50:00 PM
Another fine Berba moment

This one is up there on my list! I am glad it came in a Fulham shirt! It will be there for the generations to see
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"