watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

the will to win

Started by DiegoFulham, April 18, 2014, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.

Napoleon Hill

@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

tslyon

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

--Theodore Roosevelt

sunburywhite

Nice sunny day today

Noah
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Holders

"There's nothing to worry about, we'll be fine"

Martin Jol, Autumn 2013
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

sunburywhite

I am looking forward to playing for Fulham week in week out

Kostas Mitroglou
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fulham Tup North

"Just because a cat has it's kittens in an oven, it doesn't make them biscuits,  does it?

Spike Milligan.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

sunburywhite

A wonderful bird is the pelican,
His bill will hold more than his belican,
He can take in his beak
Enough food for a week
But I'm damned if I see how the helican

Dixon Lanier Merritt

Burt

Said Hamlet to Ophelia,
'I'll do a sketch of thee,
What kind of pencil shall I use,
2B or not 2B?'

nose

we are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

wilde (Oscar)

Beamer

Your earning ten of thousands of pounds a week for kicking a ball about, if you want to carry on doing it you had better go out there and earn it.
A Realist.

If you think that is harsh this is a true story: A pal of mine who was a top notch amateur boxer had been a class junior and stepped up to the senior ranks. His first opponent was a seasoned amateur of limited ability but strong as anything. The trainer said don't worry about him he won't be anything to worry about. Unfortunately it was a case of men against boys and in the first round my pal had been bullied and thoroughly roughed up having taken a pasting like he had never experienced before. When the bell went at end of round 1 he staggered back to the corner, slumped on to the stool and waited for some words of encouragement from his mentor. Those words were "What the f**k do think your doing out there, you are making me look a complete c**t now get out there and beat him". Tough love - incidentally he survived the next round and the guy started to tire from the effort of keep hitting him and my pal stopped him in the third.   

DiegoFulham

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'

John Wayne

If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.

John Wayne

Forever Fulham

How ironic:

If you're willing to examine failure, and to look not just at your outward physical performance, but your internal workings, too, losing can be valuable. How you behave in those moments can perhaps be more self-defining than winning could ever be. Sometimes losing shows you for who you really are."
― Lance Armstrong, Every Second Counts

Beamer

There ain't no party like an S club party - now there are winners.

DiegoFulham

I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

David Lee Roth

065.gif 065.gif 065.gif 065.gif 065.gif 065.gif

grandad

There should be no greater will to win than the prospect of being in the Championship with QPR & Brentford.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Neil D

"What does it matter if a cat is black or white as long as it catches mice?"

Deng Xiaoping.

HatterDon

Quote from: Neil D on April 18, 2014, 08:29:39 PM
"What does it matter if a cat is black or white as long as it catches mice?"

Deng Xiaoping.

Bought all your groceries for the week, then?

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel