watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting if Villa lose on Saturday

Started by St Eve, April 18, 2014, 02:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

With games away at Spurs and City and all sorts of internal issues they could be in real trouble

ChesterTheTabby

If they lose -they are "that" team which year years seems safe and then goes tumbling either into relegation or very darn near. A loss this weekend could very well be a major twist in the last month.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RaySmith

There will probably be many twists and turns, but we need to keep putting in positive performances, and getting points.

Slaphead in Qatar

They have been threatening to go down for a few years now. Lack of investment in players - sound familiar?

Holders

Quote from: RaySmith on April 18, 2014, 04:27:30 AM
There will probably be many twists and turns, but we need to keep putting in positive performances, and getting points.

It will be even more interesting if we win on Saturday.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Holders on April 18, 2014, 06:36:07 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on April 18, 2014, 04:27:30 AM

It will be even more interesting if we win on Saturday.
A win on Saturday and we are out of the bottom 3, until Norwich play anyway.
Who would have thought that after the Cardiff defeat?
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

aaronmcguigan

Cardiff play stoke at home and can easily overtake us, its vitally important we dont lose tomoro to keep the freefall teams like Villa and Swansea in our sight should we get overtaken by Cardiff.
Obviously a win tomorrow and everything is hunky dory but easier said than done.

Jimpav

If Cardiff beat Stoke tomorrow then I can see no reason why we cannot get a result at Stoke.

Lighthouse

Well we just have no idea where all this is going. After a few shock results in midweek we will probably come a cropper and Cardiff and Norwich will win. But every week will throw up some shocks and I hope a few of them will be in our favour.

However, two matches ago the season should have been over for us. The fact that we have kept our season alive until now at least, is something to be pleased about.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

bringing the thread back to about Villa.....it seems that under O'Neill, where they finished 6th three seasons in a row, they spent a good deal of capital to support O'Neills aims, it paid off for them, and I think they won a cup in that time as well, but since that time, they have under invested and gone to more of a youth movement, my guess is to balance out the spending in the O'Neill years.

They've been in free fall for some time, and while they are on 34 points, I think they will find a way to lose to Southampton as they seem a defeated side.....though their only saving grace I see is Southampton don't have much to play for except league position now.

Denver Fulham

It remains exceedingly likely that our path is to pass Norwich and hold off Cardiff, and I think six more points stands a very good chance of doing both. Catching anyone else is going to be very difficult given the GD issue.

That said, a point this week would be huge. It opens up a solid path to 37, and even brings 35 into play, which may be enough.