watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Darren Bent

Started by Macedo, April 18, 2014, 06:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macedo

Just got a feeling he is going to have a say in our battle for survival.
Like coming of the bench and getting an important winner in one of our games
just like Rodders has done.
Nobody would have thought Rodders would have been our hero of late,
so it could happen with Darren.
They could be our surprise saviours.. 049:gif

RaySmith

You could be right.

I'd love to see Bent redeem himself with a couple (more) crucial goals.

Jamie88

I personally hope its the last we've seen of him. If he does come off the bench and saves us, fantastic, but I don't like how he has played for us all season and I'd rather we used Rodders, Woodrow and Dembele.

Macedo

Not a fan of his, but like I stated just got a feeling he is going to play
a part in our survival..

Deanothefulhamfan

I would really really LOVE it if one of our youngsters turned out to be a hero....I have seen enough of Bent to think he does not deserve another chance, that being said if mitro is absent for the remaining games then Darren Bent could get a big big goal for us.....

TonyGilroy

As part of the club's PR exercise he phoned my daughter.

He said how much he loved the club and regarded himself as a fan and how much harder it was to watch than play.

Now it's only words of course but he didn't have to do that, or, if he was under orders, could have been much more grudging.

My view is that he's similar to Michael Owen and Andy Johnson in that their great skill when young was the acceleration to get past the last defender. A few injuries and approaching 30 loses that and if there's nothing to compensate then a once great player looks very ordinary.

That he's still on the bench suggests that Magath thinks he might get us a goal if we need one late in a game perhaps when tiring defenders compensate for his loss of pace.

The negative crap written by some on here about his attitude may be just that.

Burt

I think Rodders is a good example of either how fickle we are, or how desparate we are, as supporters.

A couple of months ago he was a pantomine villain, and now he is our saviour-in-waiting.

Felix must be doing something right, given this new lease of life. Long may it continue. Given the relegation scraps he used to have whilst at Wigan, we need someone like him who will fight for the cause, and die trying (metaphorically speaking).

ross_bamping

Bent is a lazy, useless, awful, bad, mind blowing and fat tragedy of a striker and a professional. I hope that he never plays in a Fulham shirt again. Shame on anyone who thinks any different. Magath is using Woodrow and Dembele over Bent for a reason.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Sammyffc

Quote from: ross_bamping on April 18, 2014, 11:50:46 AM
Bent is a lazy, useless, awful, bad, mind blowing and fat tragedy of a striker and a professional. I hope that he never plays in a Fulham shirt again. Shame on anyone who thinks any different. Magath is using Woodrow and Dembele over Bent for a reason.

to be fair felix has said quite a few times darren has been away with personal issues which is ultimately why he hasn't either been in the team , or on the bench the week after . Obviously darren has been having problems and hasn't been in the right mind frame . Don't get me wrong , he doesn't deserve a place in the starting 11 from previous games he has played , but ill reserve judgement if he is having personal problems and hope he resolves them .

alfie

Quote from: Sammyffc on April 18, 2014, 12:08:52 PM

to be fair felix has said quite a few times darren has been away with personal issues which is ultimately why he hasn't either been in the team , or on the bench the week after . Obviously darren has been having problems and hasn't been in the right mind frame . Don't get me wrong , he doesn't deserve a place in the starting 11 from previous games he has played , but ill reserve judgement if he is having personal problems and hope he resolves them .

I think it is rather nasty to call him lazy, he tries to put himself about but really just does not have it anymore, why is it that on this board if someone is not performing how we want him to he is called lazyor a donkey or crap, he wants to play football, he is not happy sitting on the bench, so in my opinion lazy is not a word i would use.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ross_bamping

Quote from: alfie on April 18, 2014, 12:15:38 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on April 18, 2014, 12:08:52 PM

I think it is rather nasty to call him lazy, he tries to put himself about but really just does not have it anymore, why is it that on this board if someone is not performing how we want him to he is called lazyor a donkey or crap, he wants to play football, he is not happy sitting on the bench, so in my opinion lazy is not a word i would use.

I disagree. He is lazy. He barely moves when he's on the pitch, and when put through a 1 on 1 he always expertly finds the goal keeper. Personal problems should be no excuse, what sort of money is he on? £50+k a week and he still doesn't show a glimpse of effort. I'm looking forward to June, and see him return to Villa.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Macedo

You want be saying that if he comes on late at Spurs and
scores the winner..

Macedo

Shame on anyone who thinks diff to you eh.?
Im not  a Bent Fan but the posting was about what has happened with Rodders might
happen with Darren.

terryr

Were you saying that when he equalised in injury time against Man U???????

Admin

I've been feeling it in my water for ages that Bent will have some type of impact, or say about this season before it's out. Thought it might have been against Norwich, but if he gets on, I can honestly see him getting us an important goal, or 2. If anything, it'll end up being him, not the Greek that saves our season!

You can't really blame Bent, he was bought unfit, and was a typical Jol signing. Unfortunately for him, he's not the type of player that tracks back and defends, so Magath won't really use him in our current plight. If we was mid-table and free-scoring, then it'd be a different story.   

ross_bamping

Quote from: TerryR on April 18, 2014, 02:33:15 PM

I was happy, the team deserved the goal. Bent just fell over and the ball went in. He came on and did nothing for 45 minutes.

ross_bamping

Quote from: Admin on April 18, 2014, 02:49:23 PM
I've been feeling it in my water for ages that Bent will have some type of impact, or say about this season before it's out. Thought it might have been against Norwich, but if he gets on, I can honestly see him getting us an important goal, or 2. If anything, it'll end up being him, not the Greek that saves our season!

You can't really blame Bent, he was bought unfit, and was a typical Jol signing. Unfortunately for him, he's not the type of player that tracks back and defends, so Magath won't really use him in our current plight. If we was mid-table and free-scoring, then it'd be a different story.   

When did you see Rodallega track back? He works hard, Bent doesn't.

YankeeJim

If you want lazy, look to Monaco. Otherwise I'll take Bent or Rodders or Riis getting the needed goals. Name calling really isn't necessary.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ross_bamping

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 18, 2014, 06:43:35 PM
If you want lazy, look to Monaco. Otherwise I'll take Bent or Rodders or Riis getting the needed goals. Name calling really isn't necessary.

Not name calling, just reality.

PokerMatt

Quote from: ross_bamping on April 18, 2014, 06:33:09 PM
Quote from: TerryR on April 18, 2014, 02:33:15 PM

I was happy, the team deserved the goal. Bent just fell over and the ball went in. He came on and did nothing for 45 minutes.

So, yes, no credit where it's due then.

He happened to work very hard defensively at Old Trafford and even won several headers. I'm not a huge fan of his, but that was an important goal and he did not just fall over. Ridiculous statement.
Follow me: @mattdjourno