more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (22/04/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 22, 2014, 08:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Craven Corner: A Fulham fan's take on the loss to Spurs

Fulham's Scott Parker (right) and Tottenham Hotspur's Christian Eriksen battle for the ball.
Picture: Adam Davy/PA Wire.

Our Fulham blogger was unimpressed by the Whites' showing at White Hart Lane.

I'm still stunned by Fulham's performance at Tottenham. It simply was not good enough from Fulham.

We lost Kieran Richardson and Mahamadou Diarra, so niether started due to late injures and fitness doubts. But, we started the game with three holding midfielders in Scott Parker, Steven Sidwell & WIlliam Kvist.

I can't understand why Felix Magath would even approach the game so negatively, when you look at Spurs' recent performances, they have been weak at the back so applying pressure to that weakness would have been key to get something from this.

The likes of Kyle Naughton & Zeki Fryers should be vulnerable against our forward line of Hugo Rodallega, Darren Bent, Cauley Woodrow and co, but they were simply not tested enough for my liking.

The three holding midfielders allowed Spurs to pass the ball around far too deep in our half which was the cause of all three goals.

We gave away very soft free kicks when they were even needed and instead should have been shielded out of play, forcing the attacker away form the goal. But time after time we backed off and allowed their forwards to get yards of space and years of time on the ball.

Two identical set-pieces summed up how bad our defending really is. The marking was non-existent and the ball was simply tapped over the line from under 6 yards both time which is criminal. The ball should be intercepted and players should be marking a lot tighter.

Sunday league coaches would drill you through that let alone at the highest level. Sadly, that's 31 goals conceded from set-pieces and we haven't even made any improvements.

Brede Hangeland isn't the titan he once was and whilst Fernando Amorebieta is improving and settling, he seems to lose concentration throughout the game, giving away silly fouls.

Alexander Kacaniklic was re-called in place of the injured Kieran Richardson, but his attacks became so predictable it was an easy afternoon for Kyle Naughton.

Whilst he may be highly rated on the international stage, Kacaniklic is far too one footed and being played on the right is forced to cut inside on his left, which Naughton figured out after the first 5 minutes, making the Swede non-existent for 85 minutes. How he remained on the pitch for the whole game, I'll never know. Especially when Pajtim Kasami was sat on the bench, a creative midfielder who's more physical and arguably more talented.

Our midfield was crying out for some creativity, and I'd love to know why Kasami wasn't included or even Patrick Roberts to give us the cutting edge in the final third.

Even Darren Bent would have been a decent player to include after Tottenham scored the second. We are in a relegation dog-fight and it's not looking pretty, therefore we need goals and Hugo Rodallega, whislt working hard he couldn't do it all on his own up front so switching to a 4-4-2 with Bent alongside Hugo would have made complete sense, sadly Magath didn't think of this...

Steven Sidwell missed a penalty which could have fired the camp up once again to make the final period of the game more entertaining to push for a draw, but it was a poor penalty and he really should have done better. Then again, should Hugo Rodallega taken it considering his revival in recent weeks?

The fans you were great and I thoroughly enjoyed outsinging the home fans from start to finish, so I hope you guys have a safe journey when you all head up to Stoke and make even more noise for that game.

We need three wins from our remaining three games which isn't going to be easy. But Felix needs to make sure we are firing on all cyclinders from now until the end of the season because the performance against Norwich & Spurs were relegation worthy, not up to standards at all.

Time to take the games to the opposition andpush bodies forward, simply go out and score more than the opponent at all costs, we have a terrible defensive record so the more attacking options we can have going forward the better.

Hopefully Kostas Mitroglou can play some part in our run-in, but we need 39 points to survive this season. Everyone needs to wake up and start pulling together, we're not out of it yet - but it's got incredibly tough.

Keep believing!

Follow Adam on Twitter @ABronsSmith

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/craven_corner_a_fulham_fan_s_take_on_the_loss_to_spurs_1_3566588

WhiteJC

Fulham boss hopeful over injured trio ahead of Hull clash

Sascha Riether. (Photo by Julian Finney/Getty Images)

Felix Magath is hopeful that he will have Kieran Richardson, Sascha Riether and Mahamadou Diarra back from injury for Saturday's game with Hull.

The trio missed the 3-1 defeat through illness and injury and the German is hopeful that they can return to the squad for a crunch fixture against the FA Cup finalists.

"Sascha Riether was ill and he's at home this morning and Kieran Richardson and Diarra and injured and not beling to the team today," Magath explained.

"They're only small injuries. Diarra has a knee problem but he joined us yesterday and the day before so I am sure that he can be with us next week.

"Kieran tried this morning but he has muscle problems. It doesn't work so he will join us next week.

"All the players will be back. Sascha Riether has throat, headache and he will be good next week."

Scott Parker limped off on Saturday but Magath revealed that there is no concern with the former England captain.

He said: "He had a kick on the muscle but he is confident and sure that he can train next week."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_boss_hopeful_over_injured_trio_ahead_of_hull_clash_1_3566620

WhiteJC

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED FOR MARCELLO

Marcello Trotta and Stuart Dallas reflect on Brentford's promotion from Sky Bet League One

Marcello Trotta said he had achieved his aim of helping Brentford to win promotion to the second tier of English football and it was an "amazing" feeling.

Marcello came to Griffin Park for a second loan spell at the start of the season.

His first, in 2012/13, had seen him make a vital contribution to a push for promotion but then hit the crossbar with a penalty on the final day of that season against Doncaster Rovers that, had it gone in, would have sent The Bees up.

In his second loan he has scored 13 goals, including the winner in the vital promotion clash against Leyton Orient.

Marcello said what happened last season was now almost gone from his mind.

He praised the squad for the way they had come back after missing out on promotion last season to go one better.

"I think last year has gone now, almost," said Marcello.

"With what we have done this year, it is unbelievable.

"The lads have come back stronger, it has been amazing.

"Today was the right reward.

"We deserved it.

"It was a big relief at the final whistle.

"I feel great, it is all behind me, it is a great feeling.

"It is an unbelievable feeling; this is why I came here.

"It was my aim and we achieved it.

"It is amazing."

Brentford clinched promotion by beating Preston North End on Friday.

Alan Judge scored the only goal from the penalty spot but later fired another over the bar.

Marcello said The Bees deserved the win.

"I think we played well, we missed another penalty but that is Brentford," said the striker.

"We dominated and I think we deserved the win.

"We are Brentford, we try to play every game as best we can and never gave up."

Stuart Dallas said Friday was an unbelievable and emotional day.

"I don't think words can sum it up," he said.

"It has been an emotional day, unbelievable really.

"I am lost for words."

Stuart said playing in the promotion decider was a pressure he relished.

He said he was delighted for the Brentford fans and he could see what it meant to them.

Stuart said when Crawley Town scored against Leyton Orient, goals that helped The Bees secure the promotion, he could hear the reaction and it spurred the players on.

"There was no pressure today, you have to relish it," he said.

"You are in the wrong game if you can't handle the pressure.

"You can see what it means to the fans, during the game the fans would get up when Crawley scored and that gave us an extra bit.

"You have to love the pressure.

"I just wanted to get off the pitch at the end, it was carnage.

"I would have done the same if I was a fan.

"I am delighted for the fans and for the lads; we have deserved it over the season.

"It makes last year worth it.

"To bounce back is fantastic,

"I stood at the end of the tunnel for the penalty last year and we have come back stronger.

"It has been worth it."

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/trotta-and-dallas-preston-18.04.14-1500227.aspx#VZAlKYHRfdfSH4TY.99

WhiteJC

Early bird value: Get on Fulham and Arsenal before the traders notice!
The Whites rate as super early value to beat Hull while the Gunners should blow away Newcastle.

Next weekend's Premier League fixtures have got us bouncing off the all at bwinbetting.com. With all to play for at the top and bottom of the league, we have gone in search of some early bird bets that are likely to prove very popular on bwin over the next week.

Our advice is to get on early and nick the inflated price before the wave of money come during the week. Let's see where this value is lurking.

Fulham v Hull (Saturday 3pm): Back Fulham/Fulham in the Half-time/Full-time market @ 13/5
It was hard not be impressed by the way equipped themselves at White Hart Lane on Saturday afternoon, setting up in an aggressive 4-3-3 formation and bombing forward at every opportunity.

In the end it was only their inability to deal with two furiously whipped-in set-pieces from Christian Eriksen that proved their undoing.

Hugo Rodallega had a couple of very decent openings while Steve Sidwell relished in an attacking third-man runner role from midfield. If they approach the Hull match with the same verve, then you'd have to be pretty confident of the hosts comfortably seeing off the Tigers, who lost their last two away games at West Ham and Stoke.

Liverpool v Chelsea (Sunday 2pm): Both Teams To Score @ 10/21
Chelsea now have no other alternative but to go for the three points at Anfield after slipping up at home to Sunderland. It's win or bust in terms of their title challenge and goals will be guaranteed with Liverpool in such flying form having won their last eleven league matches.

Arsenal v Newcastle (Monday 8pm): Back Arsenal -1 @ 9/10
There is no way that this price will be available come Monday evening. Arsenal are on the up with a returning Aaron Ramsey making a huge difference to their attacking make-up while Newcastle are in free fall under Alan Pardew.

All Arsenal ned to do to make this bet a winner is to win by two more goals and in our eyes the chances of that should be a lot shorter than 9/10. The Toon have lost their last five games on the bounce and look a shadow on their early season selves while the Gunners have found their attacking swagger again, scoring six in their last two games.

Arsenal -1 v Newcastle @ 83/100

- See more at: http://bwinbetting.com/leagues/premier-league/early-bird-value-fulham-arsenal-traders-notice,54132.html?#sthash.cd0uYoty.dpuf

WhiteJC

With Three Games to Play..........

Felix Magath, in the wake of yet another defeat, reckons Fulham will stay up if they win their last two home games.

With three fixtures to go, Magath is saying that we need to win two of them, a tall order when you consider that is something we`ve failed to do on a regular basis this season.

But, with three fixtures left, the indications are that six points gained will ensure our survival in the Premier League.

The fixtures we have remaining are:-

• Hull City (h)
• Stoke (a)
• Palace (h)

On paper they look to be three very winnable fixtures.

But are they?

Hull City will arrive with, quite probably, their Premier League status safe but Steve Bruce will spur his side on by claiming, even more so after being routed 3-0 at home by Arsenal, that there are FA Cup Final places to be won.

We`ll travel to the Britannia Stadium, always a difficult place to go, to take on a Stoke City side that are managed by Mark Hughes, a manager who had a spell in charge of Fulham and will want to show the Craven Cottage hierarchy a thing or two.

Lastly, we wrap the season up against Crystal Palace side that are on a run we could only dream about, five successive wins and a team that Tony Pulis has transformed.

Is anyone out there still confident?

I have my doubts folks!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=356714#ixzz2zb8BXAks

WhiteJC

SAFC, Cardiff, Fulham, West Brom, Norwich - Who Will Be Relegated?

Quite incredibly, in away games against Manchester City and Chelsea, we have swung the relegation pendulum to the extent that, despite still being bottom – our destiny is in our own hands. Win our remaining four fixtures and we're safe. I find it tough to believe we can do that, so I think it's an apt time to break down the relegation battle and see just how realistic it is for SAFC to survive.

Cardiff City
Many have written Cardiff off this season, with just three games remaining they are two points from safety with just one game at home against Chelsea. Their two away games are both in the North East against us and the Mags. Given the terrible form the Mags find themselves in (chortle) I think it's safe to say there is a point or three in that game, so beating them this Sunday becomes even more important.

Current points – 30

Prediction – Three points against the Mags will keep them in it on the last day of the season as they battle for a surprise point against Chelsea. Fortunately, and call me crazy, but I think we will win on Sunday which means that despite four points being  decent haul, their final points total of 34 will see them relegated on the last day.

Final position – 18th

Fulham
Surely Fulham must be confident of escaping given their final three fixtures, all against teams battling for very little and two of which are at home. Their only away game is against Stoke City, with home games against Hull and Crystal Palace. I think they look better on paper mind, with Stoke and Palace in fine form gaffered by managers who won't let their players lower their standards – battling for a top half finish.

Current points – 30

Prediction – I really think these last few fixtures are tougher than they look. I am not predicting a win for the Cottagers in any of their remaining fixtures, picking up points against Palace and Hull, but ultimately finishing bottom of the league with 32 points.

Final position – 20th

Norwich City
The Canaries must be absolutely vexed at their current position. They looked safe after beating us but proceeded not to capitalise taking no points from games against Swansea, West Brom or Fulham (without even scoring a goal). Their fixtures look hugely daunting with away trips to Manchester United and Chelsea, followed by a home tie with Arsenal. They aren't dead and buried yet though.

Current points – 32

Prediction – United are really vulnerable at the moment but that could change if David Moyes does indeed lose his job. If he doesn't, I suspect Norwich will nick a point after their gutsy showing at home to Liverpool – I don't see them getting points elsewhere though, so, with 33 points, I have them relegated second bottom.

Final position – 19th

West Brom
Pepe Mel has managed to halt the slide with just one defeat in their last five outings – including two victories, both away from home. Not only that, but they have two games in hand over most and one over us. Whilst two of their remaining fixtures are away to Manchester City (tonight) and Arsenal – they also have two home games against safe and sound West Ham United and Stoke City. Not to mention the massive game at the Stadium of Light in May.

Current points – 33

Prediction – I can't see two teams catching and overtaking West Brom looking at everyone's remaining fixtures. I don't think they will be in the mire come the last day of the season after beating West Ham and picking up points against us and Stoke. I expect them to finish on a tidy 38 points.

Final position – 16th

Sunderland
It's the hope I can't stand yadda yadda. Just as you thought we were gone we pull four points from nowhere and we are back in this survival race. To stay up – we simply have to find the answers to our dreadful form at home against the teams around us. It helps to have a striker bang in form and we have Connor Wickham. Squeaky bum time!

Current points – 29

Prediction – Do I stick my neck out? Do I? Well, I think we'll beat Cardiff, but I don't think we will win all three of our remaining home fixtures. After watching Swansea recently I'd fancy us against them but West Brom look good at the moment. I'm being positive there and expecting us to still take a point, meaning the game at Old Trafford will be surplus to requirements as we finish on 36 points – saving ourselves on the last day once again.

Final position – 17th

There you have it, I'm officially insane. According to me, we will stay up (?!). How do you think things will end? Leave us a comment!

http://www.wearewearside.com/post/2014/04/21/SAFC-Cardiff-Fulham-West-Brom-Norwich-Who-Will-Be-Relegated.aspx

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Groningen eye Fulham youngster Dino Islamovic

Dino Islamovic: Trial at Groningen

FC Groningen have offered a trial to Fulham striker Dino Islamovic.

The 20-year-old Swedish striker joined Fulham from Malmo in 2012, and has been on the fringes of the first-team squad.

Islamovic's current deal is due to expire this summer and he is attracting interest from a number of clubs on the continent.

He is now set to link-up with Groningen later this month so first-team coach Erwin van der Loooi can assess him.

Should Islamovic impress, Groningen could look to bring him in as they look to replace Richairio Zivkovic - who is will leaving the club this summer for Ajax.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9277632?

Fulham1959

Quote from: WhiteJC on April 22, 2014, 08:20:50 AM

Craven Corner: A Fulham fan's take on the loss to Spurs

Fulham's Scott Parker (right) and Tottenham Hotspur's Christian Eriksen battle for the ball.
Picture: Adam Davy/PA Wire.

Our Fulham blogger was unimpressed by the Whites' showing at White Hart Lane.

Time to take the games to the opposition andpush bodies forward, simply go out and score more than the opponent at all costs, we have a terrible defensive record so the more attacking options we can have going forward the better.

Hopefully Kostas Mitroglou can play some part in our run-in, but we need 39 points to survive this season. Everyone needs to wake up and start pulling together, we're not out of it yet - but it's got incredibly tough.

Keep believing!

Follow Adam on Twitter @ABronsSmith

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/craven_corner_a_fulham_fan_s_take_on_the_loss_to_spurs_1_3566588

If only it were that easy !

I tend to agree.