https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand development

Started by Riversider, April 25, 2014, 11:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Quote from: WayneKerrins on May 11, 2014, 09:00:07 PM
Quote from: Peabody on May 11, 2014, 06:59:25 PM
I suggest everyone looks at the Chairmans programme notes from today's match. He states "Off the pitch the Riverside Stand project is progressing nicely behind the scenes and we hope to have something to discuss in the near future".

That I am afraid means very, very little: at least to me.

A non-committal attempt at putting oil on the troubled waters of the fans' worries about the permanence of our tenure at the Cottage in the future.

The thing is of course that relegation changes everything in the short term. Why spend large amounts of cash on increasing capacity that is not now immediately needed to the detriment of spending cash on playing strength to get us back to a position where it will be ..?

Oh dear. Those measly few extra points that would have kept us going onward and upward that our management didn't think were too important during the reign of the lantern- jawed hollander......

Riversider

Very interesting to read some of the views and predictions from over 2 years ago, anybody had a change of heart ?

VicHalomsLovechild

I think lied to, is a bit strong. I'm surprised at the amount of negativity Khans getting. Mo made some bad decisions with Managers, he appointed a fan favorite Cookie and gave him little money to spend. We moved out of the Cottage to share with QPŔ with no plans in place to develop the ground. I believe the Supporters Trust was set up around then to put pressure on Mo to bring the team back to the Cottage. If I'm wrong no doubt someone will correct me.
The current chairman spent a big chunk of cash to buy the Club more on two strikers, one of which didn't work out. Is spending on redeveloping the training ground. He's rich but he can't just keep throwing money into the club without some light at the end of the tunnel. Whatever his reasons for buying the club making a fast buck wasn't one of them. Who makes money from that?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Arthur

Quote from: Statto on May 29, 2016, 09:43:58 AM
But it's not funny. It's a disgrace.

In my view, it's neither funny nor a disgrace.

While the precise reasons for our Chairman's 'procced with caution' approach are open to interpretation, it is clearly a consequence of relegation followed by two years in which a return to the P.L. cannot be foreseen.

In my view again, any suggestion that, in our current situation, Khan is the only chairman who would procrastinate is not true.

snarks

Quote from: Roberty on May 11, 2014, 09:54:09 AM
As always it is economics that will decide the Riverside developments fate and not time limits.

They may need to reapply but that will not be onerous.

They may also want to put forward an alternative scheme or amened the permission they already have.

In any event the riverside walk will be the key to planning issues at Craven Cottage and as long as the club have control of that they will always have the best hand in any negotiations.

Well this seems to sum up the present position pretty well