watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I might as well start it now

Started by AmericanJames, June 06, 2010, 08:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

I wish USA the very best of luck in the tournament and may they follow us into the final knockout stages. Good 'ol Boca and Demps.
England to win though!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

HatterDon

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on June 06, 2010, 10:55:09 PM
yes and no matter who wins let's all sit round, hold hands and sing - Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya; Kum bay ya, the Lord, kum bay ya; Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya, O Lord, kum bay ya. Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya; ...

you know, you go 20 or 30 posts actually contributing to the topic at hand and then, just kinda go back to being ... I don't know ... you.  :028:

Oh, and Mr. Imperial ...

QuoteGoal defender? Hmmm...

... isn't that kind of what all 11 do?

Mr. Clintclintdeuce is a fan of ice hockey [or is it horse hockey] from whence commeth the "goaltender" vice "goalkeeper." We could substitute "net minder" but that might get kinda fishy.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

You see how the Americans have cool names for everything. Elvis even sang a song about keeping goal in Ice Hockey.

Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let them score
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so.

WITH APOLOGY

Our own Tommy Steele SANG a song about FOOTBALL but had to add a comedic element which cheapened out sport. About a ball losing air.

Once upon a time there was a little white ball
Very sad, because he was a little white ball
(Little white ball)
All the big balls called him a coward
Just 'cause he was small
Only big bulls go to the kick off
Only big balls score

With Apology again
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Steve_orino

Maybe over-analyzing it but I'm hoping for a tie.  I'm afraid a victory would give us BIG-HEAD and we'd go into the other games over-confident.

A tie and we get a point but there is still work to do...

Here's to a memorable game and atmosphere - Cheers & Go USA!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

PaulUMD

I would put England as 3-1 or 5-2 favorites, but I hope that they (as usual) prove to be less than the sum of their parts, while we are usually the opposite.  I would love a win but expect less, though I think all of England would sink into the ocean should we pull it off.  It would certainly be a media apocalypse worth seeing should it happen, but I hope for a draw and a leg up on the two weaker sides in the group.

PaulUMD

Also, fwiw, the War of 1812 sucked for us, but we did kick your overconfident asses at North Point and Baltimore (luckily for me, my paternal Scottish ancestors were baronets and high ranking British naval officers, but their conquests were not stateside but in Canada and the Caribbean). 

I'll hope for some more of that overconfidence this time around. 

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Steve_orino on June 07, 2010, 04:23:59 AM
Maybe over-analyzing it but I'm hoping for a tie.  I'm afraid a victory would give us BIG-HEAD and we'd go into the other games over-confident.

Are you on about the football game or your father's day wish list?

Steve_orino

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on June 07, 2010, 07:36:17 AM
Quote from: Steve_orino on June 07, 2010, 04:23:59 AM

Are you on about the football game or your father's day wish list?
Yes!   :015:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09