Main Menu

EXCLUSIVE - Hodgson practically out of the Liverpool race

Started by Mr Fulham, June 08, 2010, 03:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

YEEEEES! :beer:

Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy! :clap_hands:

Abbotsbury White

Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Mo on June 08, 2010, 03:34:11 PM
Is this being reported somewhere?

No, it's again my mate from that agency - you can trust it....he's almost out of that duck race.

Edit: Martin O'Neill is currently in advanced talks with Liverpool.

manxman

please please be true!  ive been so depressed about this , please dont goooo :012:
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Abbotsbury White

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 08, 2010, 03:38:26 PM
Quote from: Mo on June 08, 2010, 03:34:11 PM
Is this being reported somewhere?

No, it's again my mate from that agency - you can trust it....he's almost out of that duck race.
Hope thats right mr Fulham would be great news indeed.

Abbotsbury White

MF was there a reason given or just that O'neil is their preferred choice?

White Noise

I never saw O'Neil getting that job.

How do people think he will get on there?

Given his problems with Randy Lerner were supposedly about Lerners wish to belt tighten I can't see O'Neill getting a good vibe from the American Dwarves.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Mo on June 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Both, most likely. They might prefer a younger coach o have a long-term solution.

Meanwhile, Mark Schwarzer received the "go" from Fulham to join Arsenal. But the Gunners are still scouring the market -the other candidate is is Robert Green.

Oakeshott

Manxman

Me too. This speculation has really taken the edge off the pleasure felt at our excellent season. The trouble is, if O'Neil goes to Liverpool, there will no doubt be speculation about Roy and Villa!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 08, 2010, 03:55:15 PM
Quote from: Mo on June 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Both, most likely. They might prefer a younger coach o have a long-term solution.

Meanwhile, Mark Schwarzer received the "go" from Fulham to join Arsenal. But the Gunners are still scouring the market -the other candidate is is Robert Green.

I really hope that Arsenal go and get Joe Hart. Schwarzer has been so good for Fulham, he would be a massive loss.

Huge

Great news, if true. But dont you think Villa will go for Roy?
The Dude abides

jarv

I hate all this speculation. Fulham, unfortunately, still seen as a small team by many others who think they can just make it known and they will be successful stealing our best players.

Good news, bad news...., Fulham is probably 3 players away from being a consistent top 8 side and 3 players away from being a bottom 6 side.

Why O'Neil. He has never won anything except the Scottish league with Celtic. Most of us could do that!

White Noise

Quote from: Huge on June 08, 2010, 04:07:21 PM
Great news, if true. But dont you think Villa will go for Roy?

No. Lerner got lucky when Deadly Doug appointed Martin O'Neill but I suspect he will make a duff call on their next manager. My money is on George Graham!!

DevonFFC

Quote from: jarv on June 08, 2010, 04:29:22 PM
I hate all this speculation. Fulham, unfortunately, still seen as a small team by many others who think they can just make it known and they will be successful stealing our best players.

Good news, bad news...., Fulham is probably 3 players away from being a consistent top 8 side and 3 players away from being a bottom 6 side.

Why O'Neil. He has never won anything except the Scottish league with Celtic. Most of us could do that!

O'neil is great let him go liverpool, he he will suit it up there, great manager great club, we will stick to our small manager for our small club.  Good on O'neil.

FFCBadger

Looking on the Official site, and Roy's thoughts in regards to the Senderos signing, it doesn't appear as though Roy has his sights set on leaving the club before next season :

"Philippe is a player that I have admired for a very long time since he captained Switzerland to the UEFA Under-17 Championship in 2002".

"He is a strong defender who has great aerial presence at both ends of the field and has a superb work ethic which is a vital component for any team's success. I am very much looking forward to working with Philippe next season."

Or am I reading too much into this.

beijing ben

I think that Roy and Redknapp are holding out for the England job. If we don't get through the group stage Capello will go regardless of the ammendment to his contract. Roy has stated before that he thinks its possible to be both a club manager and international manager at the same time...

manxman

Quote from: FFCBadger on June 08, 2010, 05:15:47 PM
Looking on the Official site, and Roy's thoughts in regards to the Senderos signing, it doesn't appear as though Roy has his sights set on leaving the club before next season :

"Philippe is a player that I have admired for a very long time since he captained Switzerland to the UEFA Under-17 Championship in 2002".

"He is a strong defender who has great aerial presence at both ends of the field and has a superb work ethic which is a vital component for any team's success. I am very much looking forward to working with Philippe next season."

i got very exited when i read that :) hopefully it is true and he stays !
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Tom

I told you guys he wasn't going anywhere. Just listen to me.  :dft012:  I Roy I trust!
Fulham for life!

Ag

Quote from: FFCBadger on June 08, 2010, 05:15:47 PM

You're reading too much into it.  That's just coachspeak.  That said, I don't think he's going to Liverpool anyway.