watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who do you support on Saturday England or USA

Started by The Swan, June 08, 2010, 06:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

I have loyalty to my football club. My Country for 12 years has shown no loyalty to me. The England team has  few players that I can feel proud of.

I support Fulham above all. England are a bunch of millionaire thugs who have nothing in comman with me. My Country cares nothing for me and so I now care nothing for it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

it will be England for me, I do wish every team that has a Fulham player good luck

If, if, Bobby had been playing who would you have supported then?

Airfix

Too hard to call.  I shall just pitch my boat somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic until it's all over.

FFCBadger

I'm English therefore I'll be supporting England, however, im not too keen on the players representing us.

This said, the yanks will be my 2nd team throughout the World Cup.

LordFloyd

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 09, 2010, 12:22:20 PM
I have loyalty to my football club. My Country for 12 years has shown no loyalty to me. The England team has  few players that I can feel proud of.

I support Fulham above all. England are a bunch of millionaire thugs who have nothing in comman with me. My Country cares nothing for me and so I now care nothing for it.

Although I am English, I will be supporting the opposing team in all their games, for the aqbove reasons.

CorkedHat

I don't care what reasons you give, if you are English then you have to support England for Christ sake. It's not that hard.
These English people who cannot get behind England make me weep - it is all too sad for words
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

chez

Surprised that some of the English on here are not fully behind their national team... but hey ho its a free country.

Supporting England !!!  :clap_hands:

(mind you have a sneaky bet that Demps will score against us)

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: CorkedHat on June 09, 2010, 01:24:05 PM
I don't care what reasons you give, if you are English then you have to support England for Christ sake. It's not that hard.
These English people who cannot get behind England make me weep - it is all too sad for words
If England is so great Corky you could always move back here. The place is a toilet and i cant wait untill the day when i leave. And when i do leave i wont be one of them expats who have the St George out telling everyone how good England is, I'll fully support the Country i move to. I cant stand seeing all these Polish, Jamaica flags everywhere, in my book adopt the country you move to or feck off back . And no way can i support a team with Terry, Ashley Cole and the Gipsy Rooney in it.

Burt

England.

Even though I am half Australian, I have lived here all of my life and that is where my loyalty lies.

I am proud of this country and even though there are some over-paid, under-brained numpties in the squad I would be absolutely made up if we won the tournament (no matter how unlikely - my money is on Spain).

I also drew England in the sweepstake here at work so there's added incentive :)

CorkedHat

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 09, 2010, 01:31:44 PM
Quote from: CorkedHat on June 09, 2010, 01:24:05 PM
If England is so great Corky you could always move back here. The place is a toilet and i cant wait untill the day when i leave. And when i do leave i wont be one of them expats who have the St George out telling everyone how good England is, I'll fully support the Country i move to. I cant stand seeing all these Polish, Jamaica flags everywhere, in my book adopt the country you move to or feck off back . And no way can i support a team with Terry, Ashley Cole and the Gipsy Rooney in it.

Fair enough Fred but I never left England because I hated the joint. I initially came here on a four year's contract and the silly Australians insisted on paying me more and more money until I was in the untenable position of not being able to afford to come back and live the same lifestyle as I was enjoying here. No country in the world is Utopia - they all have their strengths and weaknesses and many people who came here from Britain have returned home again. I don't flaunt my English background but the locals are never going to allow me to forget where I came from, even though I have an Australian passport and have lived here as long as I lived in England.
Mind you if I hated the place as much as you do, you wouldn't have seen my bum for dust. but honestly that wasn't the case.

FatFreddysCat

That wasn't meant as a personal attack on you by the way Corkie. But the way this country looks after someone straight of the boat from say Somalia (just off the top of my head  :dft012: ) can get a council place and someone like the Daddy with his baby Grace are left in limbo, absolute madness, and just not done in other more sensible countries. Right rant over.

CorkedHat

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 09, 2010, 01:47:20 PM
That wasn't meant as a personal attack on you by the way Corkie. But the way this country looks after someone straight of the boat from say Somalia (just off the top of my head  :dft012: ) can get a council place and someone like the Daddy with his baby Grace are left in limbo, absolute madness, and just not done in other more sensible countries. Right rant over.

Mate I didn't take it personally. I understand your frustrations - I really do.
But we have the same problems over here as you have over there. In spite of what Australians would like us to believe there is a real undercurrent of racial issues and house prices have spiralled out of control.
I don't honestly believe that Mr Daddy would do any better with his problem over here than he is experiencing over there. The whole effing world is mad to allow this situation to exist but what I do know, however, is that his baby has the best medical care in the world, particularly if baby Grace is at Great Ormond Street.
Over here our sick kids are forever being flown to Britain and America for treatment. As I said previously no country is Utopia.

AlFayedsChequebook

In a real jam as I was born in the US but have lived in the UK since I was five and look and sound british (but hold an italian passport, I hope I am not contravening Fat Freddys rules about living in the UK).

I will be surrounded by England fans at the pub but would crack a smile if the US scores. Either way I hope it is a good game. England to win 3-1 for me with two late Rooney goals

RidgeRider

It should be no surprise I will be happier if the US wins however, I feel as though England has the team that has a better chance to make it to a finals, and confidence is everything so I am a little torn. So there are practical/tactical considerations here.

I know the English players better than I do the US players and will be hoping England win every game accept this one. I admit to not liking Terry, Lampard, Cole and yes I really don't like Rooney, but the rest of the team is ok by me.

Maybe a hard fought draw is best where both teams display enough to make other teams worried. Tough one but the edge goes to the US for this match only.

Lighthouse

The people who defend England and attack those who do not love this Country like they do are usually those  people who have no direct experience of what goes on day to day in this Country. It really is not the England you left.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

GoldCoastWhite

I'll be cheering on England for this one but I think an upset is a distinct possibility. Still don't know who to support if, and it's a big if, Australia get out of their group and come up against England in the next round. I felt very much at home in England when I went back from 94 to 2002 but then I've spent 37 years of my life in Oz and am proud to call myself and Aussie citizen. I'd find defeats for England and Australia easier to take if Demps and Boca play really well for the USA and if John Pantsil has a blinder for Ghana but a loss in either case would still hurt. But Oz v England ? I suppose I'll have to go with my heart on the day...   

Jimpav

I'll be supporting England. I would be happy to wheel out my Greek ancestry though when England bomb out. I have special one hair though so it's never particularly convincing.

Jimbobob

:dft007: :037: :036: :028:
Supporting USA USA USA USA of course.
Will support England in all other matches and I pray we both get out of the group to single elimination.
That is what I always do every World Cup. We just happen to be in the same group this go around.
I am Fullam of English heritage so frick'n yea I am supporting England unless they are playing USA!
Now start drinking heavily everybody!!!!
:beer: :dft007: :dft008: :beer:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?