https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: Putney on July 21, 2014, 10:14:34 AM
Seen us linked with Curci from Roma.

Wonderful. Stekelenburg has been such a success - let's try his understudy.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: the nutflush on July 21, 2014, 12:50:10 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 21, 2014, 12:44:26 PM
Quote from: Arthur on July 21, 2014, 12:33:01 PM
Am I right in thinking that Besler said that he would announce his decision today as to where he would be playing next season?

With Voser, Hutchinson and Stafylidis already on board, the capture of Besler would complete what would seem a very decent defence at Championship level.

That ship has sailed. He re-signed with Kansas City over the weekend.

Don't worry.  With Amorebieta gone we already look miles better.

Has he truly moved? Or, is this wishful thinking on your part?

If true, then we need both a left footed CB and a right footed CB. No one (not Noone) really behind either Hoogland, who is inexperienced in this league, or Burn.

Edit: Sorry. Meant Hutchinson and not Hoogland.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

Evra from Man Utd to Juventus

Gerrard retires from England duty
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Bolton will hold off before talking about a contract extension for Adam Bogdan. He still has a year to go on contract.

@jolslover

funnily enough were 12/1 to sign taarabt on skybet ahah
STH H3

Northern Cottager

Quote from: @jolslover on July 21, 2014, 04:25:54 PM

Taarabt would be pretty good in the Championship. Looked very good for Milan.

Shame about attitude and he may have a grudge after being shipped out.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 21, 2014, 04:32:23 PM

Oh no not the Taarabt debate again! A very selfish QPR player whose loan to FFC was cancelled by us then shipped out to Milan and if he was that good at Milan why have they not resigned him? Not gone on the QPR tour of Germany? either some other fool is after him or 'arrys had enough of him!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 21, 2014, 06:18:43 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 21, 2014, 04:32:23 PM

Oh no not the Taarabt debate again! A very selfish QPR player whose loan to FFC was cancelled by us then shipped out to Milan and if he was that good at Milan why have they not resigned him? Not gone on the QPR tour of Germany? either some other fool is after him or 'arrys had enough of him!

Not a debate, no.simply my opinion based on my viewing of him for Milan.

Fulham Joe

YankeeJim

No way! Gives me a player that cares and tries any day over the likes of mercenaries like Taarabt or Berbatov. Talented but to team its "I" not team.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Sorry if this has already been mentioned

Championship trio Watford, Wigan and Fulham are all chasing Leicester midfielder Andy King, Sky Sports understands.

King is entering the final year of his contract at the King Power Stadium and a number of clubs are thought to be monitoring his situation.

The 25-year-old found himself down the pecking order in Nigel Pearson's starting XI during the second half of last season with Danny Drinkwater and Matty James the preferred central midfield partnership and his suitors are hoping he could be lured away with the prospect of regular first-team football.

The former Chelsea youngster has established himself as one of the best midfielders outside the Premier League in recent seasons and helped Leicester win the Championship title last term.

Watford, Fulham and Wigan are all keen to bring in an attacking midfielder and they see King as someone who could boost their promotions bids next season.

It remains to be seen if Leicester would be willing to cash-in on Wales international King as they prepare for life back in the Premier League.

Pie and mash

Lighthouse

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 18, 2014, 10:22:46 AM
Leicester City to buy Brighton striker Leonardo Ulloa for 7 million

Now a done deal.

grandad

Mario Pasalic only joined Chelscum from Hajduk Split earlier this month and has now headed out on loan to La Liga side Elche for the season.

It´s a different world. These "top" teams just buy up every player with 2 feet just to stop other "top" teams getting them. Pathetic.
Where there's a will there's a wife

KP_FFC

Quote from: grandad on July 22, 2014, 12:28:13 PM
Mario Pasalic only joined Chelscum from Hajduk Split earlier this month and has now headed out on loan to La Liga side Elche for the season.

It´s a different world. These "top" teams just buy up every player with 2 feet just to stop other "top" teams getting them. Pathetic.
chelsea always do this
one of the biggest reasons as to why i hate them

FPT

Andy King would be a very useful signing. Consistently good in the Championship, very good with the ball at his feet and a set piece machine. Also, still only 25 and a Wales international. Would be a very, very wise signing. Wigan have just added Emyr Huws on loan to their squad, so that perhaps puts them out of the running. Scored 15 goals from central midfield about 3 years ago; getting him into the PFA Team of the Year.

As for the Chelsea point, yes, they just buy the best 16-22 year olds that they can and loan them until either A) They're good enough, or B) They give up on them, but by that point, they're 24 and not much better than they were when they were initially signed.

twang

Magath on Stockdale's future:

"You have to ask Alistair [Mackintosh]," said Magath when quizzed about Stockdale's future.

"We have four goalkeepers and that situation I'm very happy with."

Doesn't sound too positive if you want Stockdale to stay, does it? My interpretation of this is that Magath wouldn't mind selling him if he can get a keeper of his choice in.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/felix-magath-unconcerned-brightons-pursuit-7475960

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: twang on July 22, 2014, 02:14:47 PM
Magath on Stockdale's future:

"You have to ask Alistair [Mackintosh]," said Magath when quizzed about Stockdale's future.

"We have four goalkeepers and that situation I'm very happy with."

Doesn't sound too positive if you want Stockdale to stay, does it? My interpretation of this is that Magath wouldn't mind selling him if he can get a keeper of his choice in.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/felix-magath-unconcerned-brightons-pursuit-7475960

Alternatively maybe it means that the plan is to have three goalkeepers and it depends on the interest shown and the bids made as to who leaves or goes out on loan.

As is often said "Every player has their price" and if there is no interest in Stekelenburg and Brighton meet our price for Stockdale then the club might sell.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 22, 2014, 11:51:55 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 18, 2014, 10:22:46 AM
Leicester City to buy Brighton striker Leonardo Ulloa for 7 million

Now a done deal.

Out of interest, the fee is now said to be 8 million. I know we can't take these numbers as gospel but interesting nevertheless.

Lighthouse

Manchester City midfielder Emyr Huws has joined Championship side Wigan Athletic on a six-month loan deal.
The 20-year-old earned his first senior cap for Wales in March, starting in their 3-1 win over Iceland in Cardiff.
Huws, who made his only appearance for City in their FA Cup third-round replay win against Blackburn in January, scored two goals and started 17 matches on loan at Birmingham City last term.